Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1670970093627.png

SAs have been saying the inventory stock is a bug & that the cars aren’t actually available.

Maybe they show up there in error, before being matched & assigned to an order?
It's not strictly the case, I and many others have secured cars early by changing our specs to match those listed in inventory. I ordered mid-Oct and get my car next week. I was told by the first SA I spoke to that it's a bug, and the second walked me through changing my spec on the phone until my EDD had changed and I was assigned a VIN.

SAs have been saying the inventory stock is a bug & that the cars aren’t actually available.

Maybe they show up there in error, before being matched & assigned to an order?
I was automatically assigned a car from inventory after changing my design online (it happened at about 2:30AM, so I doubt it was matched manually). Some, like mine, are ready for immediate delivery, and others are still on a ship on the way here. As Tesla builds in batches, not to order, these are cars that have been built and do not match an outstanding order in the state/territory that they have been, or are being, shipped to. It seems that they will only assign them to an outstanding order in the same state/territory (although some appear to be available for delivery in both Victoria and South Australia, so this may be an exception).

14/02 OD - Also Vanilla RWD in Adelaide. EDD changed for the 5th time to 3rd Jan - 24th Jan 2023 💔😭
Not too sure how this system works, but it isn’t fair I can say that
It looks like for the bulk of RWD deliveries it's now February and March orders. I have had a dilemma recently as I need to travel in Jan/Feb and was undecided whether to wait for a more narrow EDD before booking travel.

But given the recent delays and the February orders still getting Dec and Jan EDDs I have decided to go ahead and book travel for four weeks from 21st January.

I'm now expecting my EDD for my 23/04 RWD order to be while I'm away between 21/01 and 18/02. Plan is to have a friend go and pick it up for me. But with recent trends I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a mid-to-late Feb EDD and hopefully it'll be available for pick up on my return.

------------
Model 3 RWD Midnight Silver / White, OD: 23/04/22, EDD: Dec-Jan