Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the latest order date for someone that has a VIN and/or invoice are there any orders as late as April for the RWD that are getting their car in December or January? Trying to assess whether I'll be getting the car in February for my June order!

Given new orders today *still* say Feb to May 2023, feels like I should get the car by Feb/March ...

Just picked up my M3 RWD from Mulgrave today. Handover at the desk took about 3 minutes. Was left alone to go through my checklist which took me a leisurely 45 minutes or so. Very helpful staff if you need them. Excellent fit and finish, panel gaps and alignment of everything was spot on.

Was it (the wait) worth it? 😝 Little irritated that as soon as I pickup my car, there's a dozen available on the website for instant delivery. Young couple picking up the Model Y next to me didn't have to wait 9 months for delivery, but yes, after the 20 minute drive home I'm looking forward to this being a really nice daily driver, while I save the hooliganism for my weekend cars.

Attachments

• PXL_20221214_065910829.jpg
    PXL_20221214_065910829.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 67
Just picked up my M3 RWD from Mulgrave today. Handover at the desk took about 3 minutes. Was left alone to go through my checklist which took me a leisurely 45 minutes or so. Very helpful staff if you need them. Excellent fit and finish, panel gaps and alignment of everything was spot on.

Was it (the wait) worth it? 😝 Little irritated that as soon as I pickup my car, there's a dozen available on the website for instant delivery. Young couple picking up the Model Y next to me didn't have to wait 9 months for delivery, but yes, after the 20 minute drive home I'm looking forward to this being a really nice daily driver, while I save the hooliganism for my weekend cars.
That's so awesome! and yes... totally agree on the ModelY pickups haha.

Can I ask when you ordered it? I placed the order in March 2022 and am curious if you got the stock standard at home charge cable they still provided back then. I know they stopped now so not sure what to expect. I too will be picking it up from Mulgrave :D

My EDD stood at 15 - 29 Dec. Then it went into TBD after I requested for a change in the billing details on the voice. Today, I woke up to find that the EDD has been updated to Jan 21 - Feb 11. My VIN also changed on the updated VIC rego form. At this point, I have decided to either cancel the order or take the delivery and sell it immediately. Two questions:

• What is the possibility of making some profit from selling it immediately after delivery? Considering that I would have incurred some insurance costs. I ordered in March after the 3k increment. My final invoice says $65,625 (including GST). I have the cash ready in hand to take delivery.
  • Would I be able to get the 3k VIC rebate again if I put in a new order next year? I have decided to wait for the rumored project "Highlander" - I have no real urge to change my car for now.

Reactions: Robdunc

Im still in awe it's such a nice car and so well made.

Even the standard RWD - comparing to a similarly costed base package european ICE - is a much nicer interior, let alone everything else you're getting. I'm not sure if the suspension has improved but the driving experience is much better compared to what I have previously driven. It really grips the corners and then you can just punch so much acceleration and it's so fluid. This is my first electric so im not used to it. ICE is dead imo. You can believe what you want on the internet but when you sit in this car once, maybe even have your friend show you theirs... I dont see how you wouldnt be convinced.

Hi all,

Below is my review of Tessories floormats and secret compartment. Hope it is helpful.

Cheers
“Doing it with one hand and filming with the other” brother, i know those feels.

I am no longer on the fence about the floor mats and will have to buy these.
Undecided about the frunk/trunk bin mats. Realise i need the door inserts.

Thanks for taking the time to make this 🙏

What's the latest order date for someone that has a VIN and/or invoice are there any orders as late as April for the RWD that are getting their car in December or January? Trying to assess whether I'll be getting the car in February for my June order!

Given new orders today *still* say Feb to May 2023, feels like I should get the car by Feb/March ...
My OD is 22 July 2022, even later than yours. RWD, Sydney location.

EDD on app is 15 - 29 Dec. EDD on several other emails/SMS's is "mid-Dec to mid-Jan".

Build date is 27 Nov 2022. Final invoice issued, VIN assigned to rego papers.

Maybe I got lucky, reassigned from a cancelled order?

Reactions: Pierce11
My OD is 22 July 2022, even later than yours. RWD, Sydney location.

EDD on app is 15 - 29 Dec. EDD on several other emails/SMS's is "mid-Dec to mid-Jan".

Build date is 27 Nov 2022. Final invoice issued, VIN assigned to rego papers.

Maybe I got lucky, reassigned from a cancelled order?
Wow that's awesome! Thanks for that information. Yeah I assume you got lucky with a cancellation that matched your order spec, gives me some little hope that I could see the car by February! :D

That's so awesome! and yes... totally agree on the ModelY pickups haha.

Can I ask when you ordered it? I placed the order in March 2022 and am curious if you got the stock standard at home charge cable they still provided back then. I know they stopped now so not sure what to expect. I too will be picking it up from Mulgrave :D
Ordered March 1st, the charger was in the boot.

ICE is dead imo. You can believe what you want on the internet but when you sit in this car once, maybe even have your friend show you theirs... I dont see how you wouldnt be convinced.
Half agree with this - if you're buying a new car in the 60k+ price bracket, you'd be mad not to consider an EV.
But I've still got a few ICE cars - two JDM turbo legends that are amazing to drive, modify and keep increasing in value, plus a cheap old merc convertible that can't be beat on a warm drive. When there's a good EV hatchback, will be changing my wife's car for one - possibly the MG4 next year