Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going on a road trip Tuesday, Brisbane to Melbourne to see our daughter and then on to Adelaide where we used to live. My question is, should I accept I will in my ICE car?😄
Sadly, at this stage probably yes. But it would be awesome for us all if you got to go in your new car.
But you might jinx yourself and it turns up on Wednesday after you've left. I wouldn't be unhappy with that either 😉😂

Last edited:
Sadly, at this stage probably yes. But it would be awesome for us all if you got to go in your new car?
But you might jinx yourself and it turns up on Wednesday after you've left. I wouldn't be unhappy with that either 😉😂
I have a plan, if I get a date 23 or before I stay behind and pick up my M3 then fly down to wherever my wife and friends are.😃

Reactions: Missimpatient
I bought an in stock M3 Dual Motor that according to the API was already at CEVA Brisbane, my EDD is 21-31 Dec, but I still have no VIN or Invoice in my account. There was a VIN on the registration paperwork though. Hoping it does all still go ahead before Christmas.
Make sure you have completed all pre delivery tasks such as trade in and payment method etc.

Reactions: simesinbris
Has anyone from Brisbane with delivery window of 19 to 31 Dec had any news? Are they here on the docks or not here??? Also, where is the delivery centre if I ever get to go there !!!
No news here but (incoming speculation) two possible ships it's on (Viking Passama & MSC Immacolata) are both moored in Brisbane. Some say it's on Immacolata not VP. Either way, I'm guessing it's here and that's why we haven't seen wild EDD changes (yet). There are apparently various delays for Australia deliveries, and I wonder if ours might be quarantine related, or something similar, if there are actually any delays for us.
I believe the delivery centre is at Hendra (Headley Ave according to Google). At least it doesn't have far to go from the ship to the delivery centre.

I cant remember the last time I got cut off.

But people not using their indicator properly is really wearing thin - kid you not, at willows today, a woman indicated right entering straight in the roundabout but turned left.. that was a new one for me

Only in Townsville?
Nah, we get that in Toowoomba as well! Maybe it's regional cities starting with T! Anyone from Tamworth able to chime in? Haha.

• Funny
Reactions: choppa
No news here but (incoming speculation) two possible ships it's on (Viking Passama & MSC Immacolata) are both moored in Brisbane. Some say it's on Immacolata not VP. Either way, I'm guessing it's here and that's why we haven't seen wild EDD changes (yet). There are apparently various delays for Australia deliveries, and I wonder if ours might be quarantine related, or something similar, if there are actually any delays for us.
I believe the delivery centre is at Hendra (Headley Ave according to Google). At least it doesn't have far to go from the ship to the delivery centre.
My wife has just asked me where we should go for a drive and walk, she suggested Wellington point, I've suggested the port of Brisbane and assured her it's very nice...waiting for a decision.

I understand what you're saying, however worse service from other companies is no excuse for poor service from Tesla. It's when we compare like this that crap service becomes normalised and ultimately accepted and personally I expect better.

The upside is this is it gives a scrappy newcomer the opportunity to beat their competition on service.
My concern is that the Australian management team is simply not competent with new vehicle sales delivery and associated customer relations and may have have a poor share of voice among the management teams in other countries Telstra supplies. Either too soft or too junior. I'm concerned that Tesla might eventually consign Oceania to the opposition and abandon the marketplace over the next 3 years as US/Chinese/European competition reduces Tesla's market share and profitability. Same way GM dumped Holden and its dealers. Musk is moving on - it's the next Tesla senior board and major motor vehicle manufacturer shareholders that will determine Tesla's longevity in Australia and internationally - watch this space!

Reactions: eidmar
Has anyone from Brisbane with delivery window of 19 to 31 Dec had any news? Are they here on the docks or not here??? Also, where is the delivery centre if I ever get to go there !!!
No news yet but I did get my rego docs, trade in offer and final invoice (although needs to be amended, late last week. So hopefully won't be too much longer and I'll get a delivery text soon. Was hoping for before Christmas but more likely just after Christmas.

My concern is that the Australian management team is simply not competent with new vehicle sales delivery and associated customer relations and may have have a poor share of voice among the management teams in other countries Telstra supplies. Either too soft or too junior. I'm concerned that Tesla might eventually consign Oceania to the opposition and abandon the marketplace over the next 3 years as US/Chinese/European competition reduces Tesla's market share and profitability. Same way GM dumped Holden and its dealers. Musk is moving on - it's the next Tesla senior board and major motor vehicle manufacturer shareholders that will determine Tesla's longevity in Australia and internationally - watch this space!
Hmm it's a good theory but I doubt it. Australia supplies a lot of Lithium Ion for the world. If anything I could see Tesla coming to Australia with its own factory. There are already people campaigning for that to happen, particularly in South Australia.

So unless Tesla stops using Lithium, I could actually see the reverse.

Reactions: Robdunc