Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to SA yesterday and he said they were awaiting further communication from operations regarding delivery date. I think some cars will get to Hendra today but all of our cars will be in Brisbane at the port Waiting for transport.
I'm fairly certain my car will be one of the first to be ready for delivery as I'm heading away from Brisbane and cannot pick it up until after Christmas 😔

• Funny
Reactions: JustinFernleaf
Morning update on the Immacolata

1671567622636.png

I just got notification yesterday that my standard/black/rwd is due for delivery and the only window is this Friday so I picked 11am !!!! Hurray !!!

Now need to figure out if i desperately need a charge port or not.
I've searched EVERYWHERE for more info on this and it's baffling me. I have solar and a powerwall but no matter which way u put it, the car will drain the powerwall even if u get a tesla wal charger, or zappi or other?

Have a feeling not many others on here have powerwalls and a wallcharger (or other). I do have a normal outdoor 10A socket, typical outlet with the usual 2500w or so i can plug into, just trying to make sure a cloud doesnt come along and suddenly my powerwall is drained coz i left the car charging. Surely someone has a solution for this ---
There are a number of solutions. Personally, I have a MyEnergi Zappi set to Eco+ mode, which will only use excess solar to charge the car. I have set an export limit of 200W so it will not start charging unless there is at least 200W going to the grid. This prevents it draining my house battery. I am led to believe that there are ways to achieve the same thing with the Tesla UMC and an app, but that's not the route I went so I don't know a lot about that option.

I know lots of you are getting your cars soon(ish) and thought this video might get you excited. Each year, near Christmas, Tesla releases a large feature release. I got it yesterday and have put together a 7-minute video.

This is my 2nd video, so not very professional. If you find it worthwhile please give it a like and maybe subscribe.

Mods let me know if this is against the rules and I can delete it.

I am in Sydney changed to Dec 24 to Jan 15 so literally all in the same boat .

M3RWD standard white/black for faster delivery haha
OD March 12
My EDD is 23-31 Dec. Just spoke to an SA about my invoice and he said my car is still in transit so I'm assuming it's on the Immacolata. Without saying it directly, he said it's not coming in that EDD. I suspect most of Sydney will be like that

Reactions: Snoopy1
Bro...you do know about this setting right?
This is literally only for power outages. During your run of the mill day is my concern.

If you really want to reserve energy for power outages just set your reserve power in the powerwall settings.
Not really an option - if you do this then the powerwall will start grabbing energy from the grid to build up the reserve.
Any other option whilst playing with the reserve of the powerwall means u will dig into grid instead of solar.
i.e. say powerwall is on 56%, you set reserve to 56%, car is charging from solar but it gets cloudy, now it's grabbing energy from grid. Even if that's ok, any energy that feeds the powerwall so say it goes to 80%-90%, if it gets cloudy, car will grab that as well unless u sit and increase reserve all day.

Really the option I'm looking for is "charge car from solar only" or a close second is "dont use the powerwall" lol

Get onto charge hq, probably will solve your concerns, option excess solar only.
This is INSANE - I haven't seen anyone pull this off in such an elegant solution! Will have a look, just being mindful of security but yes this seems to do the trick if it works as described! thank you

There are a number of solutions. Personally, I have a MyEnergi Zappi set to Eco+ mode, which will only use excess solar to charge the car. I have set an export limit of 200W so it will not start charging unless there is at least 200W going to the grid. This prevents it draining my house battery. I am led to believe that there are ways to achieve the same thing with the Tesla UMC and an app, but that's not the route I went so I don't know a lot about that option.
Missed this earlier, thanks mate I'll have a look. Does seem to solve the problem.

For anyone using SolarEdge, if you have the right inverter, you can get their SolarEdge EV charger next year so I'll keep a lookout. Apparently that can do 5kw direct from inverter and manage solar-only-charging as well.