Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a scheduled pick up on March 7th. But I heard the Tesla Investor Day on March 1st may announce new Model 3. Anyone thinks it may worth to wait for the new Model 3?
Weird if they do announce something that is a few months away.
You would expect people to cancel and wait again.
I do wonder how many cancelations Polestar 2 getting after they announced all the new stuff coming soon

Picked up our RWD last week. Terrific car. Handover at Mulgrave was very good - perhaps we got extra attention once we mentioned we'd never driven one before - just sat in one at Chaddy before ordering to make sure the ergonomics were suitable. Love the one pedal driving- might use the brakes once per trip - sooo much easier not to inadvertently speed (esp downhill). Love the seat/mirrors being adjusted depending on whose phone opens the drivers door. And the car locking when you walk away. (It appears to be learning not to do so in the garage at home). Its still freaky not starting or stopping an engine. Missing grab handles above the doors and still getting used to the high parcel shelf restricting rearward viewing - its the first sedan i've owned for 30 years and still getting used to the finite height of a boot - wish it was a hatch (and no, i dont mean a Model Y). Oh and as someone else mentioned, itd be nice if the drivers mirror was angled out further - i see too much of the side of the car.
Hang in there!

what's the point of the Eternal Ace docking in Adelaide? Is it just to refuel?
Most of these ships are on a regular schedule, and manufacturers (including Tesla) book deck space on board.
They don't normally charter a whole ship for Australia/NZ
Eternal Ace might have Toyotas or Hyundais etc to offload in Fremantle and/or Adelaide before heading to NZ.

It's a bit like booking a container onto a container ship - the ships make regular voyages, and your freight broker will book space onto the appropriate ship.

In this case Tesla only booked NZ cars on this particular voyage, so even though Eternal Ace is in Fremantle tomorrow and my MYP was built at the same time as the NZ MYPs on this ship, I have to wait for the next shipment.

Most of these ships are on a regular schedule, and manufacturers (including Tesla) book deck space on board.
They don't normally charter a whole ship for Australia/NZ
Eternal Ace might have Toyotas or Hyundais etc to offload in Fremantle and/or Adelaide before heading to NZ.

It's a bit like booking a container onto a container ship - the ships make regular voyages, and your freight broker will book space onto the appropriate ship.

In this case Tesla only booked NZ cars on this particular voyage, so even though Eternal Ace is in Fremantle tomorrow and my MYP was built at the same time as the NZ MYPs on this ship, I have to wait for the next shipment.
Yeah Eternal Ace definitely picked something up in Singapore because the draught changed by quite a bit after Singapore.

• Informative
Reactions: [Zombie]
Picked up our RWD last week. Terrific car. Handover at Mulgrave was very good - perhaps we got extra attention once we mentioned we'd never driven one before - just sat in one at Chaddy before ordering to make sure the ergonomics were suitable. Love the one pedal driving- might use the brakes once per trip - sooo much easier not to inadvertently speed (esp downhill). Love the seat/mirrors being adjusted depending on whose phone opens the drivers door. And the car locking when you walk away. (It appears to be learning not to do so in the garage at home). Its still freaky not starting or stopping an engine. Missing grab handles above the doors and still getting used to the high parcel shelf restricting rearward viewing - its the first sedan i've owned for 30 years and still getting used to the finite height of a boot - wish it was a hatch (and no, i dont mean a Model Y). Oh and as someone else mentioned, itd be nice if the drivers mirror was angled out further - i see too much of the side of the car.
Hang in there!
Exactly my experience. 2000km in and still a joy to drive. One thing I initially didnt realise was that I could go way higher up in my seat position which helps a lot with the viewing angles.

Reactions: StevenStanbury
well, anything from investor day? have watched the stream with skipping a lot, but could not find anything on Model 3 upgrade, or Model 2. nothing in the news so far either, except that the Model 3 refresh starting production in Sep 2023, Model Y refresh in Sep 2024.
'Model 2' will start to be produced at Giga-Mexico, when it's built, so quite some time yet....

Reactions: Stuart2023
'Model 2' will start to be produced at Giga-Mexico, when it's built, so quite some time yet....
my main point was that there was lot of chat about Elon announcing something on refreshed Model 3. There was nothing about that in today's presentation. some would say, it was an investor day, so was not expected, to that I say hindsight is a great thing. In summary, All the news so far suggest Model 3 refresh starting production in September, meaning AU deliveries will be around Christmas. Still 9-10 months away (assuming everything going well).

Reactions: Stuart2023
All the news so far suggest Model 3 refresh starting production in September, meaning AU deliveries will be around Christmas. Still 9-10 months away (assuming everything going well).
Whichever news you think said this is likely to be innaccurate and I wouldnt repeat it. Rumors like this happen daily and when there is an update we find out after the event - such as the suspension upgrade for model Y in jan.

Whichever news you think said this is likely to be innaccurate and I wouldnt repeat it. Rumors like this happen daily and when there is an update we find out after the event - such as the suspension upgrade for model Y in jan.
News are mostly based on rumours. It always starts with a rumor whether it's about an upcoming phone or a car. It does not mean it always going to be accurate, at the same time you can't say it will likely be inaccurate either. You take it with a hand full of salt. There is a reason they call it rumors. We will find out this calender year one way or the other. Mostly by a tweet from Elon 😁

News are mostly based on rumours. It always starts with a rumor whether it's about an upcoming phone or a car. It does not mean it always going to be accurate, at the same time you can't say it will likely be inaccurate either. You take it with a hand full of salt. There is a reason they call it rumors. We will find out this calender year one way or the other. Mostly by a tweet from Elon 😁
A fat M3 overhaul would no doubt trigger a wave of cancellations followed by a wave of reorders. Only an industry-disrupting change (e.g. super energy-dense solid state batteries) would be worth Tesla pausing orders to avoid this scenario until all existing inventory is sold off… everything else will be added as iterative changes that gradually produce a much better car over time, as has been their approach so far (my 2 cents)

As I often say when it comes to rumours about new products and features in other industries (e.g. phones etc):
Those who know what is coming won’t say.
Those who say what is coming don’t know.