Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So overall the process of getting the invoices and payments sorted was a bit of relaying information between 2 parties but overall worth the trouble and as long as you dont stress out and just patiently keep relaying the information between them, it ends up just fine.

Well the leasing company wants to delay picking up because fund won't transfer until monday and it takes 2+ days to transfer, so maybe thurs or Frid. Tesla can't say if I can delay pickup, well I will have to unless they are going to let me have the car before I pay for it. And if the money is being transfered, tesla has the money in effect. The leasing company warned me this has happened before and apparently tesla doesn't like giving the money back, but they have to because they don't carry enough stock to replace it.

I wonder how much of that in stock is already sold pre-orders just not yet paid for...

Excited about car, lots of fluffying around. But leasing is often a pain in the but. I had a coworker who was sent out to Orange from sydney to pick up a Honda, and it wasn't there! He had to make two trips to orange because "that was where the stock was".

Im cool, just a bit nervous.. I have ordered more accessories while waiting, so now I really am committed.

• white seat covers
  • new wheel covers, turbine style
  • screen protector
  • Spoiler

Im trying to hold off on paint protection kit for the front bumper and caliper brake covers.

Well the leasing company wants to delay picking up because fund won't transfer until monday and it takes 2+ days to transfer, so maybe thurs or Frid. Tesla can't say if I can delay pickup, well I will have to unless they are going to let me have the car before I pay for it. And if the money is being transfered, tesla has the money in effect. The leasing company warned me this has happened before and apparently tesla doesn't like giving the money back, but they have to because they don't carry enough stock to replace it.

I wonder how much of that in stock is already sold pre-orders just not yet paid for...

Excited about car, lots of fluffying around. But leasing is often a pain in the but. I had a coworker who was sent out to Orange from sydney to pick up a Honda, and it wasn't there! He had to make two trips to orange because "that was where the stock was".

Im cool, just a bit nervous.. I have ordered more accessories while waiting, so now I really am committed.

• white seat covers
  • new wheel covers, turbine style
  • screen protector
  • Spoiler

Im trying to hold off on paint protection kit for the front bumper and caliper brake covers.
Well, Tesla does say you have to pick up within a week of the date they offer on their sales contract, so there is a little stretch room there. they also say they want the money to be on their account 48 hours before pickup, but to my experience this is flexible. The first Model 3 I bought, the money arrived on their account 8 hours before pickup and the second time about 28 hours before pickup. Both times they were happy to give me the car. The lease company says it takes 2+ days for money to transfer, well the first time it took 1 day, the second time it took 2 days but they provided the remittance for payment the next day after they did the transfer and once I provided that to Tesla they were ok for there not to be 48 hours between money arriving and the delivery.
My experience is that once Tesla can confirm the payment is done, they dont really fuss about the time gap between the money being on their account and delivery. Their goal is to get the car delivered and to get the money. It might be up to the SA if they fuss about things, but the ones I have dealt with have been flexible and helpful to get things sorted.

Well, Tesla does say you have to pick up within a week of the date they offer on their sales contract, so there is a little stretch room there. they also say they want the money to be on their account 48 hours before pickup, but to my experience this is flexible. The first Model 3 I bought, the money arrived on their account 8 hours before pickup and the second time about 28 hours before pickup. Both times they were happy to give me the car. The lease company says it takes 2+ days for money to transfer, well the first time it took 1 day, the second time it took 2 days but they provided the remittance for payment the next day after they did the transfer and once I provided that to Tesla they were ok for there not to be 48 hours between money arriving and the delivery.
My experience is that once Tesla can confirm the payment is done, they dont really fuss about the time gap between the money being on their account and delivery. Their goal is to get the car delivered and to get the money. It might be up to the SA if they fuss about things, but the ones I have dealt with have been flexible and helpful to get things sorted.
Well it looks like everyone can agree I can pick up my car on Thursday next week.

Tesla understands my leasing company (SGfleet - which are a huge player particularly in government) and my leasing company understands Tesla, but they are both pretty strict about what they can and can't do. Both companies have made minor mistakes in invoices, (getting things like names not completely right), so throw in a typo or a mistake and the 1 week time frame is tough for a leasing company.

They understand that I'm not just being lazy, sitting around not picking up my car, I would pick it up today if they allowed me.
The two days would be in there to stop the old 'fake transfer' type situation - which would be irrelevant when dealing with a real - on shore, leasing company/bank.
There is a lot of absurd stuff. I have to prove my employment even though my employer approves the lease and is deducting the funds from my pre tax dollars. I have to prove my ID a dozen times. That is neither tesla/sgfleets fault, that is the amount of absurd paperwork by banks etc.

So it looks like I'm heading back into the queue for a new car. Last Friday, the shelves in my garage fell on my car (7 weeks old) and damaged the whole right side, top to bottom. It's off with the assessors at the moment. The insurance company (Allianz) advised they are getting salvaging prices for it which means it's likely getting written off. We'll see what happens, but thankfully the wait times for new cars are a month compared to the 6 that I originally waited.

So it looks like I'm heading back into the queue for a new car. Last Friday, the shelves in my garage fell on my car (7 weeks old) and damaged the whole right side, top to bottom. It's off with the assessors at the moment. The insurance company (Allianz) advised they are getting salvaging prices for it which means it's likely getting written off. We'll see what happens, but thankfully the wait times for new cars are a month compared to the 6 that I originally waited.
Oh no! That's no good at all!

brutal.

Amazing that non-structural panel damage could write off a brand new car. (assuming it didn't break the roof)
There is a lot of absurd stuff. I have to prove my employment even though my employer approves the lease and is deducting the funds from my pre tax dollars. I have to prove my ID a dozen times. That is neither tesla/sgfleets fault, that is the amount of absurd paperwork by banks etc.

oh SGFLEET - say no more... our work lease arrangement means they do the purchase etc for us - took them two months to actually manage to get the order sorted.

While I haven't got a confirmed delivery date yet, my delivery estimate is currently in a period that I'm overseas and I don't have anyone that I can authorise to pick up the vehicle. What is the likelihood that I can push back the delivery by a week or two until I get back, assuming that the final invoice is already paid for?

I read a recommendation in this forum to try a small transfer initially to test the account on the invoice and I would be able to see it my Tesla account. I did that and got an SMS from Tesla that a payment had been received can't find it anywhere to check in the app or on the website when I log in.
Can anyone point me please to where this is?

Can anyone point me please to where this is?

The payments show up on the main "manage" page for my car:

1680049762988.png

Reactions: cafz