Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So been playing around with my hired M3 all day, getting used to everything before I head up to Brisbane tomorrow.

One thing I've definitely convinced myself of is that there is zero need for a 'head up display', in fact after an hour or so I am wishing I can rip the one out of this car.

I find I naturally look at the main screen anyhow, so I just don't look at it, and the reason I really hate this one in particular is that it blocks most of the air vents for the driver.

Can definitely cross that one off the list of potential upgrades.

This car has a couple of other interesting upgrades though, auto opening doors was not one that I even thought was an option, not sure how much I really would care about them enough to do it on mine, but it is kinda cool. Auto frunk also is cool, but again not sure how necessary.

Definitely cool to get to try all these upgrades out though.
I totally agree, after first full day of driving today you don’t need a HUD. The speed is right there and anything else can be accessed via screen or voice. What I think I will get is the s3xy buttons. The first thing that is annoying is having to unlock the charge port when outside the car. A button on the home charger would be useful for this.

The auto present doors are pretty cool, I may have to do this one, the fingerprints on the doors are already irking my OCD.

Enjoy the drive to Brisbane.

Reactions: PcS000
Hey mate, literally just had a chance to read the messages. Long day, train down to Chatswood at 6:30am for the 10am pickup. The process at pickup is amazing. They basically handover the car in the app and then a guy walked us down to the car and configured the necessary bits on the app then adding your profile etc. I had all good intentions to check every little thing but just stuck to the big ticket items like panels and gaps, interior finish etc. but the China m3s are of a high quality so I took my chances. Drove back up the mountain and let the car calibrate before giving it too much. Once I hit the 100 freeway I was able to open her up a little and that feeling of the M3P acceleration came fooding back - it is amazing!
Stopped off for some lunch and plugged in to do my first practice charge, when I went back to move car I didn’t know how to get the cable unlocked, worked it out but felt like an EV noob!

View attachment 983141

Got home and tested the wall charger which worked immediately and much easier than the public chargers albeit much slower.

View attachment 983142

Went for some more spins and got to know the options and games and all the goodies you don’t get to use when it’s just a test drive.

One thing that did bug me a little, I had the car going though some good fast turns and wasn’t happy with the handing. I later checked the tire pressures in the app and saw they were 47, which seemed a bit high. Checked the loading information and it should be 42! Went for a visit to the servo to fix issue, yeah an excuse for another drive. The handling was noticeably better. Tesla need to check this before delivery, I expected this would be correct at handover. Something you should check.

Did a free charge at a NRMA public charger, the one I chose didn’t work but the other was good. I expect this will be common for chargers outside the Tesla network.

Anyway that’s it for now, here’s a pic of the girl in her full glory. I will post some more later.

View attachment 983143
Hell yeah that’s awesome!! Congratulations she looks like a beast!! Thanks for all the pics and info about delivery, that’s wicked!
Enjoy your ride and all the new adventures!

Reactions: Cocoboy
The auto present doors are pretty cool, I may have to do this one, the fingerprints on the doors are already irking my OCD.

Haha I know exactly what you mean. Took me at least a couple of days to stop closing the door by holding the window too, but fingerprints around the door handles still bug me :)

One thing that did bug me a little, I had the car going though some good fast turns and wasn’t happy with the handing. I later checked the tire pressures in the app and saw they were 47, which seemed a bit high. Checked the loading information and it should be 42

I had something similar after driving for a while. The car felt a little fidgety. Tyre pressures were around 45psi at delivery, so I checked them cold and they're about right (41-42). Was surprised that a little driving could've driven the pressure up by 3psi, though I know heat causes an increase in pressure.

Reactions: Cocoboy and dronus
Once I hit the 100 freeway I was able to open her up a little and that feeling of the M3P acceleration came fooding back - it is amazing!

Congrats mate, enjoy the new car! Yeah, I managed to open this one up (it's only a LR so I can only imagine the P), I was at 100km/hr before I knew it (unfortunately I may not have been on a freeway at the time :oops: )

These doors are not just auto present, they actually fully open and close themselves. If you just open the handle and let go it will open all the way up. Put your foot on the brake and it'll close them for you. You can override them though if you don't want to wait for it to open and close itself. A bit gimmicky I guess and probably something you'd get sick of afte a while, but was surprised to see it's even an aftermarket option for the M3.

Reactions: Cocoboy and dronus
I totally agree, after first full day of driving today you don’t need a HUD. The speed is right there and anything else can be accessed via screen or voice. What I think I will get is the s3xy buttons. The first thing that is annoying is having to unlock the charge port when outside the car. A button on the home charger would be useful for this.

Enjoy the drive to Brisbane.
Doesnt your home charger have a button built into it on top that opens the car charge port? Im pretty sure mine does (thats what the manual says, cant exactly test it yet!)

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 06.46.53.png

The EU one is the new one, jsut swap left for right :)
Except for the indicators :)

My previous car was an Audi and I got used to the indicator stalk being on the left.

There was a post on X about the RHD model in Hong Kong, showing the blinker buttons on the LHS as well, looks like one steering wheel to rule them all.

Meanwhile my 1993 Corolla Seca run-around car (until Jan-Mar lol) gets a window clean about 10 times a day haha

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
Except for the indicators :)

My previous car was an Audi and I got used to the indicator stalk being on the left.

There was a post on X about the RHD model in Hong Kong, showing the blinker buttons on the LHS as well, looks like one steering wheel to rule them all.

Meanwhile my 1993 Corolla Seca run-around car (until Jan-Mar lol) gets a window clean about 10 times a day haha
I drove a work KIA Niro EV the other day, to one of our other sites. I had plenty of windscreen cleans too. I wonder if they'll eventually standardise and all cars will have indicators to be on the left?

Hell yeah that’s awesome!! Congratulations she looks like a beast!! Thanks for all the pics and info about delivery, that’s wicked!
Enjoy your ride and all the new adventures!
Thanks mate, looking forward to seeing your new ride!
Drive in today was fun, got stuck in some traffic, chucked auto pilot on and just enjoyed the car driving for me.
The car actually starts to grow on you as you drive it more, the ability to give it a squirt to get around a slow car in the right lane, they try to close the gap on you but before they blink you are already around them, gives me some enjoyment :)
Well there you go! Thansk mate. It pays to read the manual huh :)

Reactions: dronus
Haha I know exactly what you mean. Took me at least a couple of days to stop closing the door by holding the window too, but fingerprints around the door handles still bug me :)

I had something similar after driving for a while. The car felt a little fidgety. Tyre pressures were around 45psi at delivery, so I checked them cold and they're about right (41-42). Was surprised that a little driving could've driven the pressure up by 3psi, though I know heat causes an increase in pressure.
Yeah I have had to tell the family to not close using the window and to make sure window isnt fully up when closing the door.
In regards to the pressures, mine was showing 47 when cold! God knows what they were when warm.
They are sitting 43 now cold so I am happy with that. Describing them as fidgety is spot on, thats how they felt around some sharp corners, will have to do that stretch again and see if it feels better.

Thanks mate, looking forward to seeing your new ride!
Drive in today was fun, got stuck in some traffic, chucked auto pilot on and just enjoyed the car driving for me.
The car actually starts to grow on you as you drive it more, the ability to give it a squirt to get around a slow car in the right lane, they try to close the gap on you but before they blink you are already around them, gives me some enjoyment :)

Well there you go! Thansk mate. It pays to read the manual huh :)
Ha i have nothing but time to read manuals :)

In regards to the pressures, mine was showing 47 when cold! God knows what they were when warm.
They are sitting 43 now cold so I am happy with that. Describing them as fidgety is spot on, thats how they felt around some sharp corners, will have to do that stretch again and see if it feels better.
Haha, 47, that'll do it. At highway speeds the 42 psi feels nice and smooth. For sweepers (corners) it feels pinpoint accurate, and for 90 degree outside-apex-outside corners it's pretty good, but I am less daring with those compared to the old car (so far :) ).

It's also brilliant for overtaking and the odd traffic light grand prix (yours even more so than mine I think, I have the LR).