Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that the UK timeframe is Jan-Feb while our orders that were made earlier are slated for Jan-Mar.

I suspect they'll all be made in the same batch.

I can only guess they used the wider window for ours as that is what they gave us as the estimate on the first day the Highland was released, they would have not been certain how quickly the new lines would ramp up.

Given the most recent production figures it seems they ramped up very quickly so I can only hope that they were being conservative and ours might not be too far off.

Reactions: Tessla88 and dronus
I suspect they'll all be made in the same batch.

I can only guess they used the wider window for ours as that is what they gave us as the estimate on the first day the Highland was released, they would have not been certain how quickly the new lines would ramp up.

Given the most recent production figures it seems they ramped up very quickly so I can only hope that they were being conservative and ours might not be too far off.
Agreed, they are cranking out the LHD for Europe and hopefully change over to RHD for us normal countries haha. It would be a logistical marvel how they do all this, and have the specific regional nuances implemented so well. Definitely an awesome example of organisation!
Mine still doesnt have any window, just TBA.

Agreed, they are cranking out the LHD for Europe and hopefully change over to RHD for us normal countries haha. It would be a logistical marvel how they do all this, and have the specific regional nuances implemented so well. Definitely an awesome example of organisation!
Mine still doesnt have any window, just TBA.
Yeah, there was a ship that just arrived in Egypt a few days back and another on it's way to Turkey. There's a few more heading through the suez canal which I can't see a final destination for as yet.

Can't guarentee they all have Tesla's on board (or if any of them even do, let alone Highlands) but it kind of matches up with the estimated timeframes for Middle East and could suggest they are a little ahead of those estimates.

As you can probably tell I'm being overly optimistic lol

Last edited:
Reactions: dronus
One thing i am finding to have to remind myself is that a lot of the Tesla Model 3 (all of the highland videos so far) are LHD so the motions of using the touchscreen etc will be our left hand and not our right.
Interesting thread on X. The AU time on the list was after i mentioned to the OP that our regional configuration page says Jan-Mar and isnt any new news.
Lets hope the next shipment isnt to the middle east (does anyone know if they are RHD?) and some head our way. Even pop them on one of the model Y ships.. You dont see videos of model Y getting loaded at shanghai port, is it the same port?

View attachment 982676

link: https://x.com/TeslaNewswire/status/1713933184629457350?s=20
Look at you all over X now, my protege has grown up 😝

• Funny
Reactions: dronus and Jules22
how do you all get your car/order specs underneath your responses?
Screenshot 2023-10-18 091409.png

I was just watching the BYD Seal Australian launch replay on the ludicrous Feed Youtube channel. While BYD is not my cup of tea Im hoping Tesla can get their AU Highland delivered to market ASAP, that seal is pretty competitive pricewise, has some layman features most people might miss in a Tesla (Android Auto/Applecarply, stalks (lol), range etc.) so i can see that it will be popular with the new generation. And people who just worked out they need something less generic than an atto3 haha. deliveries are set for December.
Not something id consider for many reasons, including real leather seats (Bleh!) and many others i wont go into.

Slightly off topic, but probably something people consider while in a waiting room.

Other random interesting stuff in the Tesla Order source code: ok ill get back to work, lol..

"FinancingGuidance":{"financingGuidanceBody":"You have elected to finance with ##lender_name##.","financingGuidanceContact":"For questions or assistance, contact ##lender_name## at ##contact_number##.","financingGuidanceSteps":{"bePrepared":"Be prepared to immediately forward a digital copy of your signed financial agreement to your delivery advisor to complete your delivery.","willFinalize":"##lender_name## will finalize financial agreements and contact you directly for signatures","willForward":"Tesla will forward the necessary MVPA documents to ##lender_name## once your order has been matched to a VIN. ","willReachOut":"##lender_name## will reach out to you via email to share your credit decision or request additional detail regarding your application, such as proof of income or residence. Reply back in a timely manner to insure your vehicle delivery."},"financingGuidanceTitle":"Financing with ##lender_name##"}

"ACCEPT DELIVERY\", I confirm that I have taken delivery of my ##model## on or before ##date##, that the vehicle received matches the order, price, and specifications as described in the invoice and delivery documents, and that all payments have been made for ##RN##. I agree with my final motor vehicle purchase agreement, which is available in my Tesla Account, and the transfer of responsibility for the management of the vehicle from Tesla Motors Japan G.K. after the delivery."}

"adjustedPurchasePrice":69472,"transferFee":0,"finalPaymentStatus":null,"hasActiveInvoice":true,"

"Finalpayment":{"labels":[],"OrderType":"THIRD_PARTY_LEASING","FinalpaymentComplete":false,"FinalpaymentShown":false},

I was just watching the BYD Seal Australian launch replay on the ludicrous Feed Youtube channel. While BYD is not my cup of tea Im hoping Tesla can get their AU Highland delivered to market ASAP, that seal is pretty competitive pricewise, has some layman features most people might miss in a Tesla (Android Auto/Applecarply, stalks (lol), range etc.) so i can see that it will be popular with the new generation. And people who just worked out they need something less generic than an atto3 haha. deliveries are set for December.
Not something id consider for many reasons, including real leather seats (Bleh!) and many others i wont go into.

Slightly off topic, but probably something people consider while in a waiting room.
I was aware this car was coming when I placed my Highland order. Having driven the Atto it is so philosophically different to a Tesla, and it really was not fun to drive at all. I'm sure the Seal (lol) will be nicer to drive than the Atto and the pricing is great, but it just doesn't appeal to me at all. I can see Tesla responding by dropping prices on the M3 again early/mid next year after us early adopters have bought the initial batches of production.