Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought:
- screen protector - cheap investment as I have seen posts where people cracked screens and expensive to replace
- tyre repair as mate had a flat on his Y in first week and in Adl tesla don’t provide service on Sundays…
I've been thinking about getting a screen protector. Then again, I accidentally left the from-factory screen protector thing on for a week before I realised :)

Is that "Adelaide Tesla no service" the roadside service, or just that he couldn't get the tyre repaired at their service centre on Sunday (or something else)?

That is the neatest cable roll-up I've ever seen, I think :D Mine twists at one end and I can never get it to roll up properly. Like the external thing for putting the handle into, that's very neat. Where's it from?
ha yeah time will tell if it will stay that neat.

The socket thing was from here (i think). It has a secret button you press to release the handle.

Could probably find it cheaper but these guys only seem to sell quality gear so id prefer to buy it once. I got a cable from them too and it kicks ass.
I'll suss it all out when i start using it, see if anything needs moving. Its set up to not be as visible from the road.

Reactions: Zinzilla
I've been thinking about getting a screen protector. Then again, I accidentally left the from-factory screen protector thing on for a week before I realised :)

Is that "Adelaide Tesla no service" the roadside service, or just that he couldn't get the tyre repaired at their service centre on Sunday (or something else)?

Ohh screen protector... hmm on the list.

It would surprise me more if some business WAS open on a Sunday in Adelaide. Actually, its getting better but i doubt you would find a tyre place open. If they were, it would be until midday and the staff would be too hung over and surly to help you anyway.

No roadside service on Sunday’s - I asked when I picked up my car. Hopefully this sl changes as they deliver more cars…

Reactions: dronus
Nice, I missed the screen protector from my list. Did you get a Matt/anti glare type or shiny?

Where did you buy the 9” display and where is it installed?

Are the roof screens easy to store in the boot when not being used?

The type 2 connector confuses me. Are these required for older models?
Went shiny on the screen protector, wouldn’t even know it was installed.

Roof screens fold down like as have the wire, but haven’t done this yet. From tests vs other Tesla’s at work it makes the cabin almost 5 degrees cooler on a hot day.

Type 2 cable needed for mainly Chargefox AC chargers - jolt and Evie chargers have the cable as they are DC at least where I live. They are around $200, I have only used once but was my insurance as I didn’t buy the slow PowerPoint charger.

I installed the Hansshow 9” display - there are plenty out there but I based my decision on the guy that was selling his custom M3P for $150k several months back. Easy to install, but it does block airflow. For me running Waze is worth it and it’s paid for itself already. If they ever allow Waze to run on the main display I would remove it…

Went shiny on the screen protector, wouldn’t even know it was installed.

Roof screens fold down like as have the wire, but haven’t done this yet. From tests vs other Tesla’s at work it makes the cabin almost 5 degrees cooler on a hot day.

Type 2 cable needed for mainly Chargefox AC chargers - jolt and Evie chargers have the cable as they are DC at least where I live. They are around $200, I have only used once but was my insurance as I didn’t buy the slow PowerPoint charger.

I installed the Hansshow 9” display - there are plenty out there but I based my decision on the guy that was selling his custom M3P for $150k several months back. Easy to install, but it does block airflow. For me running Waze is worth it and it’s paid for itself already. If they ever allow Waze to run on the main display I would remove it…
Im hearing waze is on its way!

Man o man. Give me a VIN number already…….
IMG_6846.jpeg

Ugh give me a delivery estimate haha

Hopefully save someone some time. Sadly that Supercheap Type 2 cable is now out of stock everywhere.
The search continues for a bargain.

Ah yes, I forgot the compressor and the tyre puncture kit. Also, I ended up getting a type 2 charging cable (32A) as a backup. It did come in handy last weekend while we were away, but it's hard to say for sure if you'll need it. I see they're on clearance from Supercheap for $150 (which includes a carry case), which is less than some places charge for regular 1-phase. Check the sticky on charging adaptors in this subforum. I think there are also recommendations in there for good extension cables for your granny charger e.g. for holiday house or for charging at relative's places without external powerpoints.

My "regular" (non-Highland) LR came with mats. Are there whispers that the Highland won't?

Great that you can 3d print the tray inserts. I think if I put more stuff in there I would definitely look at getting some. Especially the low one in front of the cupholders is super-deep.

E: just realised I also have a first aid kit. Just a cheapie from Officeworks or somewhere (carryover from previous car). There's a nice spot in the boot where it fits, and I can easily jam in a roll of paper towel and a couple of garbage bags next to it.

Reactions: dronus

This might be interesting, even if to be able to manually trigger a preheating of the battery when heading to a non Tesla charger when travelling.

Good to see some accessory sites starting to list highland compatible parts.
Hopefully they aren’t too different to the mountain I have already stockpiled haha or my neighbour might get a good Xmas present!

That car is the most famous Model 3 Highland in history already, seems every new video coming out of Europe is reviewing the same car. The guys from sexy buttons bought it and are driving it all over and letting everyone film it.
Wont be long and they will be everywhere. The latest OutOfSpec video he is at a massive SC place and there is one there charging..
Their supercharger sites in Europe are awesome...
X has been a bit quiet today, lets hope some cool stuff happens next week :)

I nearly bought a magsafe wireless charger thing today, but im going try and chill a bit longer. If the waze-like hazard things gets introduced i could get by with the built in wireless charging. I heard that that can get hot tho as its not ventillated?
How do you guys with current M3 find the wireless charging pads?
Also, how do you find the phone integration? In my current car i use CarPlay so i can ask siri to call or sms people. Im guessing you can still do that?
I should just read the manual, but making conversation while we wait hahaha