Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, new member here from Adelaide. I ordered a new LR Model 3 (stealth grey/black interior/18 inch wheels) on September 20th (bit late to the party), so I’ll post on here once I receive a VIN/updated ETA. Cheers, Leon.
Welcome Leon! Hopefully we have a few truck loads on their way from Melbourne to rAdelaide soon!
Same configuration as mine!

Thanks mate! Great choice ;) My first EV (coming from an Audi RS3). Struggling to contain my excitement!
My first EV too coming from a Calais!

I had ordered a grey m3 back in August but had to upgrade my order to the 2024 model when they said the current orders were getting cancelled.

Have you had a chance to test drive down at the airport (in the older model?). Good bunch of folks working down there.
I wonder if I accidentally left a basket of goodies and movie vouchers down there with my order number on it if they accidentally schedule my delivery promptly haha.

My first EV too coming from a Calais!

I had ordered a grey m3 back in August but had to upgrade my order to the 2024 model when they said the current orders were getting cancelled.

Have you had a chance to test drive down at the airport (in the older model?). Good bunch of folks working down there.
I wonder if I accidentally left a basket of goodies and movie vouchers down there with my order number on it if they accidentally schedule my delivery promptly haha.
I’m driving my old man’s VT Commodore while I wait for the M3 to arrive, so it really can’t come soon enough.

I haven’t test driven the older model as I wanted to wait for the new one. I did however go to the launch day in November, but they only had the RWD version. I was really pleased with the fit and finish.

I’ve been told they were getting in another 2-3 new M3’s this week (surely at least 1 LR), and then commencing test drives.

The basket of goodies sounds like a good idea 😂

I’m driving my old man’s VT Commodore while I wait for the M3 to arrive, so it really can’t come soon enough.

I haven’t test driven the older model as I wanted to wait for the new one. I did however go to the launch day in November, but they only had the RWD version. I was really pleased with the fit and finish.

I’ve been told they were getting in another 2-3 new M3’s this week (surely at least 1 LR), and then commencing test drives.

The basket of goodies sounds like a good idea 😂
Ohh I misread, yeah a LR would be awesome! My order is for the SR RWD to keep it under the tax thingo.

Ha VT commos are classics!

Do any of these people who have test driven the Highland know whether or not the accessories like floor mats, or console inserts from the old model will work in the highland? I guess I could go and try my current ones in the showroom.. 🤔
I did ask the staff at parra and they said the floor mats and front trunk and rear sub storage liners are identical. I noticed the side boot pockets are different. as for the console organisers, they look the same but depends if the port cutouts inside have moved. I did see the hidden compartment in the arm rest won’t fit the existing accessory anymore

Reactions: TE5L4 and dronus
I did ask the staff at parra and they said the floor mats and front trunk and rear sub storage liners are identical. I noticed the side boot pockets are different. as for the console organisers, they look the same but depends if the port cutouts inside have moved. I did see the hidden compartment in the arm rest won’t fit the existing accessory anymore
What’s odd though is if you try to check out with the current M3 mats while signed in it displays the below error:

IMG_9118.png

Reactions: dronus
Ordered a new Highland. Anyone know if my M3 towbar is transferable? Chassis looks the same.
That’s a new question!
I don’t know, but I read somewhere that you had to order with a towbar for all the mounts to be there, and that wasn’t available in AU. Again, I don’t know, I haven’t seen any highlands with towbar yet.

Has anyone else?

Arrival ETA 13th Dec

Reactions: PcS000