Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those following the Model Y Waiting Room thread will be aware that 6,500-odd Model Ys on board the Stinkship Glovis Caravel were returned to China after several months bobbing around off the Queensland coast trying to clear a stink-bug infestation.

Well, I reckon the reason that we are not seeing Model 3 VIN-assignment activity yesterday/today is that the VIN-assigners have been busy re-assigning VINs to the Model Y buyers whose cars have returned to sender. Seems like just about everyone over there (Model Y Waiting Room) has received a new VIN in the last day or two.

Probably a very non-trivial exercise.

I'd probably be prioritising that activity if I was a Tesla manager: those poor sods have been on a long and uncomfortable roller-coaster ride for months. Showing them some positive progress would be an important piece of marketing.
There are some people who have been waiting for model 3 for longer than some people have been waiting for Model Y with the same lack of communication.

Being a software driven company i would imagine the vin matching process is computer driven, not human and could be demonstrated by the recent ‘algorythm hiccup’ assigning model 3 vin.

I reached out to Tesla via email for an update on ACT orders due to impatience fomo and got the following cut/copy response:

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla.

The Delivery estimate in your Tesla account is the most up to date estimate and is adjusted according to the latest Logistics estimates.

We will reach out if anything changes for your order!
I replied back asking if they can at least advise if ACT orders are expected to come from Don Juan. I’ll update when I hear back.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
I replied back asking if they can at least advise if ACT orders are expected to come from Don Juan. I’ll update when I hear back.
Yeah, tried asking the same, they wouldn't confirm, but definitely worth trying again, I think the more they hear the feedback that people expect more communication, hopefully they'll change things a little.

Started a new thread for those who have just received their cars to share their initial thoughts and experiences and let us know if it bursts into flames when you use the indicator button on the roundabout, if their arms are tierd yet from having to reach the few cm's extra to change from drive to reverse, or if any optimus robots have chased them down and viciously attacked them :)

Started a new thread for those who have just received their cars to share their initial thoughts and experiences and let us know if it bursts into flames when you use the indicator button on the roundabout, if their arms are tierd yet from having to reach the few cm's extra to change from drive to reverse, or if any optimus robots have chased them down and viciously attacked them :)

Its going to be thunk central, im predicting.
Also someone will find out about how to change the interior lights colours.
Maybe a good subject for another 10hr video…

Reply from Tesla when asking about delivery from DJ for ACT orders:

Thanks for your Prompt reply.

I don't have visibility on that information unfortunately.

Rest assured you should have news soon regarding this.
Yeah my SA genuinly didnt seem to have any information, but were super keen for us to get our cars and see us happy. Shout Out to Adelaide Tesla Team!!

Anyone know how to check ships by vin
You can try the MOLACE site RoRo however if it's Don Juan it won't be there as Don is Armacup (and they don't have a search)

Other than that they should email/SMS in the next 24 hours and they normally tell you then from what I've seen.
I had to wait for the Tesla email which confirmed the ship.
While it doesn’t tell you the ship, another thing you can do is check dates on RAV. Mine on DJ was built 12/2023 and entered into RAV 22/12/23.

Reactions: X Æ A-12
There are some people who have been waiting for model 3 for longer than some people have been waiting for Model Y with the same lack of communication.

Being a software driven company i would imagine the vin matching process is computer driven, not human and could be demonstrated by the recent ‘algorythm hiccup’ assigning model 3 vin.

Granted (long time without communication), but when did they promise that you'd have your car? Jan to Mar? Well, that window hasn't opened yet...

Normal people (no-one participating in this thread) would know nothing more than 'my car is due Jan to Mar 2024', and will be waiting more or less patiently. Absence of new news would indicate to the 'normals' that the window is still the window.

The enthusiastic few on here have been speculating, extrapolating, hoping, theorising that our cars will come on DJ (and they probably ARE coming on DJ). We've done our sleuthing. We can almost smell the fake leather. We can almost hear the thunks. "So close, but yet so far." And yet I'm not sure that there's been a failure in communications - because there's still a three-month-long window for delivery.

(@dronus - maybe they promised you something more because your order converted from pre-Highland to Highland. For me (ordered mid- Sep), I am excited for every little bit of information I can glean. And I'm frustrated when I have connected loads of dots but the picture is yet incomplete. But I don't feel like Tesla owes me any more communication than they've sent me. Maybe that's just me. I've always been an apologist for others. As a manager, I was a pretty-good encourager and nurturer - but I was not good at the hard-nosed performance management issues.)

Granted (long time without communication), but when did they promise that you'd have your car? Jan to Mar? Well, that window hasn't opened yet...
Good point, and totally agree.

Just to clarify I'm not upset with them at all, I do think they could improve the customer experience by utilising some more communications, which is why I passed feedback on to them.

For a tech company something automated along the lines of 'hey your car just came off the production line' , 'your car has just been loaded up on a ship' etc, etc would improve the customer experience without a huge amount of effort (could be wrong there, I don't know the ins and outs of their logistic system)

Reactions: X Æ A-12