Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out my mad MSpaint skillz

beluga-adelaide.jpg

Does anyone know if the PK dock is a 24/7 operation? Like, do they offload 24/7 regardless of public holidays or is it only business hours?

Cause technically it docked after business hours, trying to figure out if it has been unloading since yesterday in which case they’re probably done, or if they only started this morning….

Have reached out to Chatswood DC once again to ask for more information.

Gotta say Tesla really needs to change how they handle deliveries. A few mates have joined me in buying a new car but they have gone down the ICE path and other companies are sooo much better at keeping customers informed. Seems Tesla is very much like Apple where it expects their fan base will buy the car anyway and they can treat customers however they want.

Does anyone know if the PK dock is a 24/7 operation? Like, do they offload 24/7 regardless of public holidays or is it only business hours?

Cause technically it docked after business hours, trying to figure out if it has been unloading since yesterday in which case they’re probably done, or if they only started this morning….
It’s congested as, so unloading yes but moving cars off port. Doubtful

Gotta say Tesla really needs to change how they handle deliveries. A few mates have joined me in buying a new car but they have gone down the ICE path and other companies are sooo much better at keeping customers informed. Seems Tesla is very much like Apple where it expects their fan base will buy the car anyway and they can treat customers however they want.
I guess a big difference is that you are dealing with the manufacturer directly and not a dealership.
Having said that, a mate of mine ordered a brand new prado kakadu and it had to be made. He got automated sms as it reached various parts of manufacturing and export (i think from japan or thailand?) right thru to import and delivery. He opted in to all the notifications and got spammed pretty regularly.. but that car was built to order, so tesla cant do that realistically..

Reactions: hopeless
I guess a big difference is that you are dealing with the manufacturer directly and not a dealership.
Having said that, a mate of mine ordered a brand new prado kakadu and it had to be made. He got automated sms as it reached various parts of manufacturing and export (i think from japan or thailand?) right thru to import and delivery. He opted in to all the notifications and got spammed pretty regularly.. but that car was built to order, so tesla cant do that realistically..
Yeah I know Tesla doesn’t build to order, but even with mass production they could do better. My mate just ordered a Jag brand new and as soon as he finished customising, they found one that had just been built that matched his config, and he was able to get a EDD of Feb 08 on the spot, simply because they enter the VIN into their systems at the factory, not whilst it’s on the ship. And then they give the sales reps access to the available cars.

Tesla could easily do this, but I personally think they deliberately keep customers in the dark as a marketing tactic, helps create forums like this one with people needing to speculate. Smart I guess

Yeah I know Tesla doesn’t build to order, but even with mass production they could do better. My mate just ordered a Jag brand new and as soon as he finished customising, they found one that had just been built that matched his config, and he was able to get a EDD of Feb 08 on the spot, simply because they enter the VIN into their systems at the factory, not whilst it’s on the ship. And then they give the sales reps access to the available cars.

Tesla could easily do this, but I personally think they deliberately keep customers in the dark as a marketing tactic, helps create forums like this one with people needing to speculate. Smart I guess
Totally agree :)

this is what I found on the aaterminals site for PK. I assumed ports operate 24/7 too

1704323075427.png

Reactions: GE33EK

Love to hear the reply.

I'm awaiting reply to a message about impact of changing away from Chatswood as that place seems to be a backwater in the Tesla world...

Definitely areas that can be improved, overall I don't think it's much worse than other purchases I have had, just the fact that you generally get a date much earlier on and can plan around that.

I strongly recommend you email through feedback, no idea if it'll make a difference but I did get a response from the state manager almost immediately and have taken advantage of having his email now and getting better answers than I was getting from the CA's.

Reactions: dronus
No chance our cars are leaving PK this week then……
I just called aaterminals PK R&D office. The lady I spoke to was very helpful, and I honestly thought she’d be bamboozled by me calling and asking about the Don Juan.

Anyways, the vehicles are scheduled to come off tomorrow but couldn’t tell me how long it takes to complete.

she also referred me to the updates section of their site, assuming the R&D page, and to check it tomorrow.

1704324259430.png