Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have nfi how ANCAP ratings are granted but, Shirley there is a local body who does this, if so do they not inspect the car physically or did the M3H automatically retain the pre-facelift model? And then this #tethergate issue came to surface and they start to sh1t bricks?

Otherwise, where is the spokesperson of ANCAP to explain who missed the missing flap during inspection, and then signed off on the 5-star rating for the M3H sales to go ahead?
I read about this a few weeks back so fact might be lost in translation but essentially, IF a car has passed the EuroNCAP tests and is the same vehicle being supplied into Australia then it gets the same rating.
What’s failed here is that there are unique design rules that apply in Australia. Again, they aren’t audited, the onus is on the manufacturer to comply and if found to be in breach then rectification is required.
Which is where we find ourselves now.

I read about this a few weeks back so fact might be lost in translation but essentially, IF a car has passed the EuroNCAP tests and is the same vehicle being supplied into Australia then it gets the same rating.
What’s failed here is that there are unique design rules that apply in Australia. Again, they aren’t audited, the onus is on the manufacturer to comply and if found to be in breach then rectification is required.
Which is where we find ourselves now.
If anyone has read (or listened to) elons autobiography id be interested in his response to this. Obviously they will remedy it asap to get these cars out but he does have a history of questioning “rules that cant be justified” haha

It seems the focus is on the wording (easily accessible without tools).

Can the middle tether point be accessed when the seat is folded down a bit?
Hmmm.. I was going to say no, but thinking about it, you probably could slip a belt behind and attach it to something underneath the shelf before closing the seat back. I am not sure there is anything to hook onto though as the way it is designed the hook is up below the shelf and only accessible from the top. But maybe possible because the tether is there.

Reactions: X Æ A-12
I have a photograph - at risk of this being splashed all over Carsguide.com.au

The shelf itself is thin and flimsy, I am guessing plastic covered in light material, and seems to be molded, you can see where the little flap/door whatever it is called is situated, they seem to have shaped the shelf down to incorporate the metal hook.

I am going to guess that rather than cut a new hole this is a replacement shelf. Which shouldn't be difficult one would think, and they are lightweight and easy to ship. Surely something that can be sent over in the hold of a plane?

Or actually, maybe they can just cut a new hole for ones in country, it may not be pretty but it doesn't have to be. There is no law about having to have neat pretty holes in the rear shelf.

View attachment 1009686
Impressed with the red spray job thought like other brands it'd be roughly painted, very nice tether 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Murphster
There is always the option to re-classify it as a 4 seater car, personally wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I hate passengers so the less of them the better. Would want a 20% rebate on the cost of the car, or free FSD and speed boost as compensation. That would work nicely.
If they go that route, I'd cancel my order. But they won't - clearly the anchor point is there, they just need to install an access point, just like on ye olde Model 3.

First Glovis now this! So lost with this situations.. I am renting car since November! my MY is in Morning Crystal and it’s heading to Port Kembla, maybe better to get the Y now though it’s going to be updated bt end of the year :(

Anyone considered Kia Ev6 GT-Line ? Its AWD , some stock available.
I saw an ad for them the other day spruking “over the air updates” which i reakon ive heard somewhere before.
I just watched a review on the ev6 , it wasnt gt line but was quite interesting.
Tldr the guy liked tesla more.

Reactions: hopeless