Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw an ad for them the other day spruking “over the air updates” which i reakon ive heard somewhere before.
I just watched a review on the ev6 , it wasnt gt line but was quite interesting.
Tldr the guy liked tesla more.
It used to be very hard to get EV6 GT-Line, wait time was more than 12 months but now lot of dealers have it in stock and giving discount, even better discount for NV..tempting.
Paul’s review, he likes it

Reactions: RichY3 and dronus
Just stick the kids in the frunk and give us our cars already, lol
Id sign whatever they want that says i promise to not put a child seat anywhere in my car. So stupid that a rule that has zero effect on so many people can stop deliveries on all cars. On the same note you would expect that if the old m3 had it, and the current my has it, our cars would have it.
If it was a faulty airbag… ohh wait…

Reactions: AusMar and Jules22
I have faith they'll get this resolved pretty quickly. Hopefully they had a plan in place already, could pretty easily pump out a couple thousand extra shelves (with the hole) in Shanghai even and throw them on a plane.

Probably a more cost effective method than fiddling around cutting holes, etc.
I tend to agree that this looks like the quickest option... and they'll need those new shelves for future production runs for AU anyway.

I have faith they'll get this resolved pretty quickly. Hopefully they had a plan in place already, could pretty easily pump out a couple thousand extra shelves (with the hole) in Shanghai even and throw them on a plane.

Probably a more cost effective method than fiddling around cutting holes, etc.
Would be interesting to see how easy the shelf is to pop out. If our cars are all sitting in a yard waiting to go to the delivery centre youd imagine they could get the local service people there for a day to fit them, or as they get trucked into the delivery centre its just an extra step in predelivery

Reactions: Jules22
IMG_8419.jpeg

Reactions: Tesl3on and Jules22
I don't know why i'm doing this but, taking a look at ADR, in particular Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 34/03 – Child Restraint Anchorages and Child Restraint Anchor Fittings) 2017. I guess this is the latest version, I've never used the site before, and it's late, I should be watching the latest Dave Chappelle Netflix special instead.

Does 6.1.1.1 refer to the Second Row Seats having 3 belts but, they split right down the middle, therefore middle seat anchorage is not required? e.g. like a 50/50 split , not 60/40 split?

Does 6.1.1.2 suggest the middle anchorage point is not neccessary as long as there are ones present for the other seating positions?

It's too late for this *sugar*.

1705490983981.png

I have a photograph - at risk of this being splashed all over Carsguide.com.au

The shelf itself is thin and flimsy, I am guessing plastic covered in light material, and seems to be molded, you can see where the little flap/door whatever it is called is situated, they seem to have shaped the shelf down to incorporate the metal hook.

I am going to guess that rather than cut a new hole this is a replacement shelf. Which shouldn't be difficult one would think, and they are lightweight and easy to ship. Surely something that can be sent over in the hold of a plane?

Or actually, maybe they can just cut a new hole for ones in country, it may not be pretty but it doesn't have to be. There is no law about having to have neat pretty holes in the rear shelf.

View attachment 1009686

Thanks. Those clip covers are quite nicely done. Looks like the rework is a bit more than a job for the Xacto knife.

I suspect that there's been a lot of activity behind the scenes - that Tesla will have already figured out exactly how they are going to implement the fix, and that it's already been addressed on new production units. Everything already delivered or 'on the water' (before the fix was sorted) will need to be re-worked in some way.

It appears that some owners were complaining very soon after first deliveries in December. It's quite possible Tesla people have been beavering away in the background on this since then - facing up to the inevitable, and getting as many deliveries onto the books as quickly as possible. (Remember, they had a bad Oct-Dec quarter because of the cars that were sent back to source on the Stinkship. The share market needs to see lots of sales asap. I can imagine the internal pressure to get the sales done and 'clean up the problems later'. Yes, I have worked for a North American company in the past!)

I received a VIN today (in the app, and visible using the information extender extensions in Chrome), but no details of vessel. Could be on the vessel that just left Shanghai a few days ago... I'll not be surprised if it came out of the factory with the error corrected. Time will tell. Like everyone else who has not yet received a car, I am waiting.

Reactions: dronus