Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m obsessed, my iPhone is always between 30% - 80% and I only ever allow it to go to 100% before a day out 😂 @dronus

Attachments

• IMG_0446.png
    IMG_0446.png
    311.9 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Cocoboy and dronus
Any freebie I can get is a win after this crap show. If I didn’t spend all this money already I would have already cancelled the order. I will give it 2-3 weeks and see what happens. Hopefully they can sort it out quickly
Same here. Got the wall connector installed, sold my car once i got the confirmation that Tesla arrived in Au and now sitting patiently waiting for delivery. Its not a great customer experience but I am sure that Tesla staff must be under immense pressure as well to get this sorted. I believe, in the meantime, vehicles will continue offloading from the port and arriving at the yard/delivery centers. Hopefully once this issue is sorted, we will see a quick burst of deliveries and lots of M3H on the roads.

More Tesla Model 3 Highland vehicles land in Australia for deliveries

Just remember everyone this recommendation is for BMS calibration not battery health 🙂
Correct it's only a recommendation and helps the displayed range to be more accurate. Won't affect battery health.

Also to do the full BMS calibration you need to charge to 100% take it down to 0 and then back to 100%.

In reality to my understanding it really isn't going to matter enough to be worthwhile.

Correct it's only a recommendation and helps the displayed range to be more accurate. Won't affect battery health.

Also to do the full BMS calibration you need to charge to 100% take it down to 0 and then back to 100%.

In reality to my understanding it really isn't going to matter enough to be worthwhile.

Yeah, purely a recalibration thing. I charged my LFP to 100% when possible but normally sat between 30% - 80%.

Interested to see how I go with the LR battery after a year, if the degradation is worse than LFP as expected

Yeah, purely a recalibration thing. I charged my LFP to 100% when possible but normally sat between 30% - 80%.

Interested to see how I go with the LR battery after a year, if the degradation is worse than LFP as expected
I think the LR should be fine as well as long as you are sensible in how you charge (which sounds like you are all over it)

Cases I've seen of extreme degradation are when people are constantly super charging.

There was one recently where an uber driver was super charging 2 or 3 times a day. Of course that battery didn't last long!

I think the LR should be fine as well as long as you are sensible in how you charge (which sounds like you are all over it)

Cases I've seen of extreme degradation are when people are constantly super charging.

There was one recently where an uber driver was super charging 2 or 3 times a day. Of course that battery didn't last long!

I think it’ll be okay, just keep to my limits.

Thats like going through the 1500 cycles in a year haha

Reactions: Jules22
brushing up on the 3-phase full bridge rectifier if you ignore the ActivePFC and filtering stuff then it is just 6 diodes each pair bridging each phase. To that if you add one more pair to bridge the neutral then you have a Rectifier which can handle both single and 3 phase. may be higher amp diodes for Phase 1 and neutral to handle single phase. In 3-phase scenario Neutral is not used as a return channel. So 3 end to end circuits for three phases and parallel the same for single phase is not really a possibility from that angle. Time to watch a video of a teardown where someone really analyze this part:)
The rectifier modules aren't three-phase rectifiers though - it's three single-phase rectifiers that can be connected in a star configuration to a three-phase source or paralleled on a single-phase source.

As per this the onboard ac charger maximum capacity 11.5kw which is a simple math at 240v at 48a and PF=1 for single phase supply.

My question is whether this limit holds even if it is 3-phase supply - or will it change to 440 x 48 @PF=1 which is 21kw?
From my experience you will only get 11kw (I think its around 11.4 but app shows 11).

Reactions: X Æ A-12