Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So keen to learn from you...

How big is the basement? What kind of wifi are you considering? GPON with wired mesh? As any of the LTE/5G won't work anyway right?

Which vendor is the most economical reliable right now? Occular? any OEM from china for direct imports?

One of the occular installation (10 chargers in a basement 2) seems like along with power another connection also seems to be connect to each wall unit which I didn't figure out eventhough they are connected over wifi. What is that second connection RS485/CAN for these stations to communicate with each other to limit the overall site consumption?
Kinda why I’m not talking about it yet as many of these decisions will be made as part of the scope of works and tender process. I understand from talks with vendors that standard WiFi will suffice for the charge connectors to talk to the billing system in the control room and accept commands to limit power if determined as necessary. Owners will approach the Concierge in reception and they can join the building WiFi to control and monitor their charging.
We are also applying for a NSW government grant which includes approved hardware lists that need to be used to qualify for the grant.
If you are considering or starting your own project start at the NSW government website For Electric Vehicle Ready buildings.

I also don’t have a vin assigned but my estimated delivery was updated to 18th Feb - 8th Mar. Ordered on 1st Nov, stealth grey LR, black interior 19”. I’m also doing a trade in and the offer just came through today.

Edit: forgot to mention, pickup at Alexandria

Reactions: DrKwong
When my tesla SA called me today I asked if he had any further info - seems they know about as much as us outside the script.
He alluded to the possibility of it being addressed in a recall scenario in order to recommence deliveries, but they seem to be waiting for the relevant authority to sign off on whatever plan they have.

Good chat - then i booked in for a Highland LR test drive on Sunday to get the excitement juices pumping.🤙

When my tesla SA called me today I asked if he had any further info - seems they know about as much as us outside the script.
He alluded to the possibility of it being addressed in a recall scenario in order to recommence deliveries, but they seem to be waiting for the relevant authority to sign off on whatever plan they have.

Good chat - then i booked in for a Highland LR test drive on Sunday to get the excitement juices pumping.🤙
Awesome, thanks for the info :)

Reactions: SiLENC3
I still don't have VIN either, I ordered early December. Black/black 19" rwd - pick up ACT

I also don’t have a vin assigned but my estimated delivery was updated to 18th Feb - 8th Mar. Ordered on 1st Nov, stealth grey LR, black interior 19”. I’m also doing a trade in and the offer just came through today.

Edit: forgot to mention, pickup at Alexandria

What it's worth mine is the same. 18th Feb - 8th March but no VIN. Got my trade in amount today but it's low so will sell separately I think.

no VIN. Got my trade in amount today

It's a known issue with Tesla's website that it won't tell you your VIN (hidden or otherwise) while you have a trade-in pending.

As soon as you accept or reject your trade-in offers you'll be able to see your VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: PcS000
It's a known issue with Tesla's website that it won't tell you your VIN (hidden or otherwise) while you have a trade-in pending.

As soon as you accept or reject your trade-in offers you'll be able to see your VIN.
Interesting thanks! If I sit on the trade in for a bit I'm assuming it won't delay it BUT it won't show my vin? Deciding on effort to sell a 2008 Mazda car vs making maybe an extra $2k-$3k selling myself. I'm concerned who would buy something so old!

Interesting thanks! If I sit on the trade in for a bit I'm assuming it won't delay it BUT it won't show my vin? Deciding on effort to sell a 2008 Mazda car vs making maybe an extra $2k-$3k selling myself. I'm concerned who would buy something so old!
I had to make a similar decision about trade in or selling my car privately, I'm going privately. I know it's a hassle but I think it might be an extra $4k for my 2006 Honda accord euro. 🤞

I ended up just keeping my car, its given me a safety net with all these delays.

Once im settled in to the new car ill either sell it (will get heaps more privately) or give it to the kids. Id be pretty happy getting that car as my first car rather than buying a datsun 180b station wagon for 800$ in Puckapunyal!

I ended up just keeping my car, its given me a safety net with all these delays.

Once im settled in to the new car ill either sell it (will get heaps more privately) or give it to the kids. Id be pretty happy getting that car as my first car rather than buying a datsun 180b station wagon for 800$ in Puckapunyal!
Im keeping my car, because its a bit stupid and i love it 🤣
My kids can have the Spitfire Green '17 SSV Redline when im either dead or too old and farked to drive it 🤣💚