Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be very surprised if deliveries start by the end of the month. Didn’t it take BYD 1 month to fix a similar issue? So I’m guessing minimum 1 month delay. If it’s earlier I will be very surprised. Currently with all the vague answers they are giving I won’t be holding my breath
i reakon they had a few things to fix, and still havent fixed most of them by the looks haha

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22
kind of like this but im getting to the stage that i dont care anymore hahaha

Screenshot 2024-01-19 151344.png

Reactions: jeevas123
I'm in the middle of a project for a basement car park EV charger backbone and the billing companies we talk to say it won’t work without some connectivity and we will be installing WiFi.
So keen to learn from you...

How big is the basement? What kind of wifi are you considering? GPON with wired mesh? As any of the LTE/5G won't work anyway right?

Which vendor is the most economical reliable right now? Occular? any OEM from china for direct imports?

One of the occular installation (10 chargers in a basement 2) seems like along with power another connection also seems to be connect to each wall unit which I didn't figure out eventhough they are connected over wifi. What is that second connection RS485/CAN for these stations to communicate with each other to limit the overall site consumption?

Correct it's only a recommendation and helps the displayed range to be more accurate. Won't affect battery health.

Also to do the full BMS calibration you need to charge to 100% take it down to 0 and then back to 100%.

In reality to my understanding it really isn't going to matter enough to be worthwhile.
Yes. I think unless planning intercity anyday charging to 80% and charge whenever it goes below 20% and not letting to go till below 5-6% is perfect for minimum possible degradation for decades. I think this holds true for both Li-Ion(LR) and LFP(RWD). I have very less experience with LFP from a electronics engineering/gadget user perspective though.

Guys, not sure if this has already been covered but got a bunch of stuff for Christmas from the family for the forthcoming 2024 Highland and can confirm none of the items fitted, all were for the model 3 but did not fit.
My advice is to be careful when ordering mats, organisers etc that you ensure they are for the 2024 highland otherwise you will end up being a s disappointment as I was :(
Thanks for the heads up. Already ordered couple of stuff. But was loaded up on the cart. Will be more careful..Cheers

I believe the limit is because there's three separate DC converters, each of which can handle up to 16A AC. The car can either parallel them on a single phase supply or connect one to each phase on a multi-phase supply.
You are absolutely right. Three Phase tesla OBC is built using 3 separate end to end single phase chargers.

These are the two videos that shows exactly what's inside a 3-phase charger

As per the first video the EU 3-phase OBC can do upto 22kw. So does AU version come with inferior version of it??

I think that the biggest problem they faced is that everyone who had taken delivery of their cars had already built their dreams.

Changing people’s dreams with a recall is not as easy as it sounds.
This is what happens...

I've just ordered mats for the 2023 non-highland based on others feedback stating they fit nicely.

However, I've had to re-3Dprint a centre console insert tray from recently discovered 'highland' design that someone uploaded. Both prints are visibility different.

I lost about $2 in filament. Lesson learned.
yeah the centre console things look different

Teach me how to hassle to get the same...i would prefer a free wall connector though :)
Once I get a delivery date I’m gonna call and acted like a male Karen 😂. I will play the emotional and financial stress card and let’s see how it goes. Really don’t give a crap about freebies I just want the dam car I paid for. It becomes a principal issue after a while. What pissed me off is they knew about this issue for a while apparently. Yet still they hassled people to make the payment knowing the delivery was gonna be delayed. Very shady