Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once I get a delivery date I’m gonna call and acted like a male Karen 😂. I will play the emotional and financial stress card and let’s see how it goes. Really don’t give a crap about freebies I just want the dam car I paid for. It becomes a principal issue after a while.
I got a delivery date and suddenly it disappeared in the app when I check after receiving the SMS....

Me too really want the car....Grr....

Could you not install licensed LTE/5G repeaters? One-off cost vs paying for a wifi connection in the basement.
I think it depends on the project. For large apartments with more than 50 units with existing internet connection for reception and other common place surveilance and IoT extening the wifi using repeaters/mesh into the basement(One time investment) is alright especially f part of the cost can be recuperated from the govt fund.

But then if the same has to be done for an apartment block with 10-20 units with no reception or common place wifi it certainly adds to your strata. Unfortunately wired internet is 5-10times costly compared to mobile internet especially for low bandwidth use cases like this. So in such cases a 4G/5G hotspot with a yearly plan tethered to a mesh may be cost effective. Though this has to be tested to make sure that all levels of parking can be covered. May be extend the mesh using wire from one level to another.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
I think it depends on the project. For large apartments with more than 50 units with existing internet connection for reception and other common place surveilance and IoT extening the wifi using repeaters/mesh into the basement(One time investment) is alright especially f part of the cost can be recuperated from the govt fund.

But then if the same has to be done for an apartment block with 10-20 units with no reception or common place wifi it certainly adds to your strata. Unfortunately wired internet is 5-10times costly compared to mobile internet especially for low bandwidth use cases like this. So in such cases a 4G/5G hotspot with a yearly plan tethered to a mesh may be cost effective. Though this has to be tested to make sure that all levels of parking can be covered. May be extend the mesh using wire from one level to another.
I was more thinking of a licensed repeater, essentially a small micro/pico-cell that re-transmits LTE/5G into the basement from a nearby cell tower. All the large telco's sell them. One-off cost and allows occupants to use their mobile/vehicle/IoT devices as if there were a cell tower in the basement.

Of course, you're right, if there is already a wired connection for building services it might be more feasible to just extend that it into the basement.

I think someone's previously confirmed that M3H only has LTE capabilities (5G would've been nice to future-proof it) but I think a repeater would be perfect for that use case.

Reactions: X Æ A-12
I was more thinking of a licensed repeater, essentially a small micro/pico-cell that re-transmits LTE/5G into the basement from a nearby cell tower. All the large telco's sell them. One-off cost and allows occupants to use their mobile/vehicle/IoT devices as if there were a cell tower in the basement.

Of course, you're right, if there is already a wired connection for building services it might be more feasible to just extend that it into the basement.

I think someone's previously confirmed that M3H only has LTE capabilities (5G would've been nice to future-proof it) but I think a repeater would be perfect for that use case.
Vehicle connectivity is not an issue here I think. It is the wall charger connectivity to Billing platform over OCPP1.6/2.0. For eg exploren charges $175 per year for apartment use case. Not sure if there is a limit in the no of chargers. But then if you install LTE enabled Ocular wall chargers each one of them need to have LTE which costs atleast $120 per year (Amaysim). Whereas if you manage to connect all Wall chargers to one wifi which gets connected to internet using 1 LTE Hotspot you can save significantly. And if you already have internet for common place amenities then you won't add anything for internet in your strata.

Reactions: meloccom