Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it’s the one at the very end. That’s more of a speed/angle sensor. It’s an induction sensor not a Hall effect sensor, hence the windings.
Okay, I think the right term for it is the inductive resolver. I think there are atleast 2 of them in each of the drive unit.

Here is the most helpful documentation I can find about these resolvers:

For my pick up today I had my nephew who has the original model 3 from 2021 and he went through and checked everything from top to bottom of the car. He found a few scratches and imperfections in the paint that we noted down already and have booked in to get checked out in a couple of weeks. The parcel shelf appears to be well fitted with no rattles so far. Concerns about panel gaps etc were non existent but we did also find that the underneath of the bumper bar was poorly manufactured with a small kink which the Tesla guy says he suspects it’s within tolerance so bad luck. Good thing it’s not easily visible as you need to look under the car to notice it.
There were probably another 5-6 people who came for their pickup whilst I was there as well.
Can't help flooring the car and testing the dual motors with a stupid grin on my face.

For my pick up today I had my nephew who has the original model 3 from 2021 and he went through and checked everything from top to bottom of the car. He found a few scratches and imperfections in the paint that we noted down already and have booked in to get checked out in a couple of weeks. The parcel shelf appears to be well fitted with no rattles so far. Concerns about panel gaps etc were non existent but we did also find that the underneath of the bumper bar was poorly manufactured with a small kink which the Tesla guy says he suspects it’s within tolerance so bad luck. Good thing it’s not easily visible as you need to look under the car to notice it.
There were probably another 5-6 people who came for their pickup whilst I was there as well.
Can't help flooring the car and testing the dual motors with a stupid grin on my face.
I was thinking of creating a checklist so that my excitement won't overpower my duties during delivery..

There is a separate electric oil pump at the very bottom of the DU. Main motor won’t circulate oil when stationary.
Yes that pump is paired with a separate electric motor but just mechanically coupled with the main motor. I may be wrong as I didn't do any disassembly myself.

And why we need to circulate oil when stationary on such a simple gear system?

Edit: Confirmed Oil pump is a separate low voltage electric motor.

Last edited:
Got the car and made it home in one piece. Pity it was raining most of the way. I didn't find the wipers too bad, maybe they could be a touch more sensitive. Now it'll probably sit in the garage for a week until I do the ppf and ceramic/Graphene coating.

Getting the whole car ppf'd or just the front? I was quoted $3500 for full front ppf, Graphene coating, ceramic tints inc full rear window and interior protection

For those with cars on Paganella, I’m hoping because they had to fly the new shelf in from Shanghai, and that our (mine atleast) build dates are 09 Jan, maybe ours will already have the new shelf. Means straight to the DC for delivery!

I happened to be in Tesla Alexandria this arvo, and asked the question: are the cars on Paganella built with correct parcel shelf, or do they require re-work. SA could only answer that 'we aren't given that information'. I'm hoping your speculation is correct!