Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got sent all of my NL & finance paperwork. They've increased the lease payment so it's not in line with the quote. Anyone had anything similar recently?
Yes. Had two such issues. Initial quote they increased saying My employer stopped providing co-branded insurance and they have to go with third party which was significantly higher. Nothing can be done for that unfortunate case. They gave me an option to find my own insurance vendor, but when I shop around everything looked same or worse than whatever NL provided. So decided not worth the pain.

Second one was when the tesla delivery got extended to 2024 and NSW rule changed where Customer have to claim back stamp duty after taking the delivery in effect increasing the final quote. Well that is equivalant to getting some ~3k interest free loan for 5 years. Decided to push that to own homeloan and chew it up.

Hey Dronus, when did your ship dock? Just trying to gauge how long it takes to get the car to Adelaide….. assuming it’s now off the ship 🤫
FA? It is not off the ship and won't be until Wednesday in the best case scenario. Then, as I understand, there will be biosecurity, who prefer your car to rot in port rather than release it. So I'm mentally preparing myself for June-July 2024.

Yes. It is amazing how ineffective and wasteful they are in Melbourne. All of those ships are just parked there for days and days, producing smoke, paying the crews, doing nothing. In Japan FA visited 6 ports in 3 days.
Honestly it’s not the port or the roro operator. It’s our Department of Agriculture(DAFF). Melbourne Roro terminal is at full capacity because of the cars in quarantine that failed the DAFF bio security screening. Ships can’t unload if there are no spots to park all the cars.

If just 1/100 car fails the DAFF inspection, all the cars on that vessel gets quarantined. Then they get deep cleaned, and re-inspected before it’s released.

As of last Sunday nearly 5000 cars were taking up space because they had been quarantined. Out of 5000, 2000 were quarantined in that week. Annnnnd the cherry on top only 675 were cleaned and released in that week.

So yeah, regardless of what ship got here when, they can’t be unloaded until there’s space available

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Yes. Had two such issues. Initial quote they increased saying My employer stopped providing co-branded insurance and they have to go with third party which was significantly higher. Nothing can be done for that unfortunate case. They gave me an option to find my own insurance vendor, but when I shop around everything looked same or worse than whatever NL provided. So decided not worth the pain.

Second one was when the tesla delivery got extended to 2024 and NSW rule changed where Customer have to claim back stamp duty after taking the delivery in effect increasing the final quote. Well that is equivalant to getting some ~3k interest free loan for 5 years. Decided to push that to own homeloan and chew it up.
Interesting! I'll give them a chance to change it back to the original quote.. otherwise I'll swap back to another company that was very competitive at the start. Don't need these sly tactics drawing from the excitement of upcoming delivery

FA? It is not off the ship and won't be until Wednesday in the best case scenario. Then, as I understand, there will be biosecurity, who prefer your car to rot in port rather than release it. So I'm mentally preparing myself for June-July 2024.
MIRRAT categorised FA as a low DAFF risk. And there are no Tesla’s in holding so far. So I think once the cars gets off the boat we will see smooth sailing.

Interesting! I'll give them a chance to change it back to the original quote.. otherwise I'll swap back to another company that was very competitive at the start. Don't need these sly tactics drawing from the excitement of upcoming delivery
If you have that option then you should do it at any cost. Actually you should have gone with the other NL in the first place if they are competitive.

End of the day these guys are there to make money. NL who are self financed tend to provide better deals than many who are just middleman paper pushers. Why we don't mind? As long as we are not paying more than the actual cost of the car over the whole duration it is like getting a zero interest loan with no downpayment even though the NL companies will be charging much more pre-tax.

If just 1/100 car fails the DAFF inspection, all the cars on that vessel gets quarantined. Then they get deep cleaned, and re-inspected before it’s released.
I know, I also know they really like that "deep cleaning", because it costs a lot and on an already very clean car it is very hard to prove that no "deep cleaning" has been done.
I've been through it with a personal import from the UK. I know for sure they didn't do any "deep cleaning" (probably fortunately), but they charged me $900 for it.
Meanwhile, those ships produce tons of CO2 a day doing nothing. Department of agriculture ffs.