Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that this tabloid suggest here that the replacement parcel shelf is

"It appears to be similar to – or the same part as – the parcel shelf in the pre-update Tesla Model 3 sold from 2019 to late 2023, which also included a flap for accessing the middle-rear top tether."

Is that accurate? I guess it is similar to it.. its a rear shelf..

Also, BYD just cut a hole to fix their compliance issues, there was nothing else they got recalled for at the same time?

Source: Fix for Tesla Model 3 compliance breach revealed as deliveries resume

Screenshot 2024-01-30 070918.png

Reactions: jeevas123

"It appears to be similar to – or the same part as – the parcel shelf in the pre-update Tesla Model 3 sold from 2019 to late 2023, which also included a flap for accessing the middle-rear top tether."

Also, BYD just cut a hole to fix their compliance issues, there was nothing else they got recalled for at the same time?

View attachment 1013342
It's a different shelf. The shelf in the first gen model 3 doesn't have the two round speakes grills. It has a one large grill covering nearly half of the shelf.

Reactions: dronus

Sounds like they are purely guessing, which shouldn't be surprising

• Funny
Reactions: Tesl3on and dronus
You have to experience this also once so that your appreciation for your current location knows nooo bounds....😛😛😛😛😛😛
I lived just out of Sydney for about 12 months in the 90's. Such a big place. Im not sure if its the same now but back then it was quite popular for people to deliberately crash into you for a minor bingle, and then they get their mates "repair place" to write their car off..
Some lady tapped into me (in my VL turbo btw) and got a little scratch. We exchanged details and eventually when my insurance took her to court, the photos and report of her car showed it rolled down an embankment. She was adamant that i had caused the damage, and i should pay. Major flaw in her story was that the location was on the M5 just out of liverpool. On the side of the road. With a police report.
Plus there used to be people out East Hills way who would lay on the road and pretend to be injured. If you stopped to help, their mates would steal your car.

Maybe it has changed? haha. They certainly seem to have lots of EV charging infrastructure!

Reactions: jeevas123
Kudos for when you get thru today!
I had to book in the morning otherwise i would pace a hole into the floorboard.
Let it flow
Breathe slowly and deeply
It is just a car, an object. How do we let this object affect our well being? How does it offer fulfilment?

… Highland upgrade list too long to list here.

Me, I am on my 4th week with my surrogate (2023 M3 AWD Hertz rental). BRING ON EDD

Not sure of my chances for Feb 14 - maybe FA but must wait. Slow breaths. Seek inspiration from dronus.

Let it flow
Breathe slowly and deeply
It is just a car, an object. How do we let this object affect our well being? How does it offer fulfilment?

… Highland upgrade list too long to list here.

Me, I am on my 4th week with my surrogate (2023 M3 AWD Hertz rental). BRING ON EDD

Not sure of my chances for Feb 14 - maybe FA but must wait. Slow breaths. Seek inspiration from dronus.
Ohh behind the scenes in my head its chaos haha.
How are you finding the rental?

Ohh behind the scenes in my head its chaos haha.
How are you finding the rental?
I love driving it. Auto pilot is great on highway. Learning a bit each day. I have a charger at my front door where I am. Super convenient. Type 2 plug. An auto frunk add on would be handy for charging this way as getting the cable out in/out can be messy. Between rain drenchings here it gets filthy. Back home less of an issue with the WC.

Hertz really should have floor mats. They hand you the key, a slip of paper with links to charging apps and see you on your way. Not surprised some struggle with charging if not near an SC.