Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PLA+ with 100% infill
Still won't last long. after 3-6 months it will be brittle like crackers and warp slightly because of moisture and UV. Better brush or dip with epoxy or oil based clear varnish. I print ton of stuff with PLA+ and anything which see some sunlight is brittle like arnotts biscuits after couple of months. Transparent/whitish material is better in this regard but stil can't be trusted for outdoor use. If your bed heating is good then I recommend ABS for anything of this sort. May be better to get cover to encapsulate heat during printing.

Reactions: dronus
I still park the furthest away i can. Partly to protect the car from kids flinging their suv doors open but also to allow people who need to park closer to do so

Ill bet that you were pretty nervous parking that beauty in any car park back then.. it would have attracted a lot off attention
Aluminium is resistant to door dings, until it's not and the only paintwork the car has had was for a deep door ding on the left rear door. I'm assuming an SUV parked next door and a kid kicked the door open, because I have seen that happen a few times.

It’s like the urinals. There’re always the odd ones that like to be right next to you.
1706609399477.png

For those who recently made payments, I remember there were a few, around what time of the day(if you know) did they submit the payment and when did it update on your account. I think some of you mentioned it updated overnight, is that right?
Yeah you will get an sms from tesla telling you they got paid and it should update overnight

Reactions: PcS000
Yeah you will get an sms from tesla telling you they got paid and it should update overnight
You see, I finalised all my documents today but the NL only wants to pay when I have a delivery booking. If Tesla texts me on Friday morning and say “my man you can pickup your car sundie arvo” I might be able to get them to pay that arvo. But I’m worried the payment won’t update till Monday.

Reactions: MacTessy and dronus
Still won't last long. after 3-6 months it will be brittle like crackers and warp slightly because of moisture and UV. Better brush or dip with epoxy or oil based clear varnish. I print ton of stuff with PLA+ and anything which see some sunlight is brittle like arnotts biscuits after couple of months. Transparent/whitish material is better in this regard but stil can't be trusted for outdoor use. If your bed heating is good then I recommend ABS for anything of this sort. May be better to get cover to encapsulate heat during printing.
Yep agree it's not the strongest material for the application and im not set up for ABS, no enclosure....yet