Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah mine is nearly 6 months old (ordered it when i ordered the car).
If you use your phone to zoom in on the writing near the pins on the 10 and 15a leads if it says 10a and 15a you should be fine. If it says 8 and 12 it might require the update.. from what ive picked up, ill test it on friday when/if i get the car
If you have the older 8/10 or 12/15 tails, you need to get the updated 10/10 and 15/15 tails.

If you already have those leads, but the UMC hasn’t been used before, the firmware of the UMC needs to be updated. Until it is updated, it will only pull 8A or 12A depending on the tail.

UMC firmware is packaged in to the cars software update and when the car is charged up to the set limit, and the charger is ‘idling’ the car will push the new firmware.

From what I’ve found out, all the new UMCs needs to be updated twice. Initially, the UMC needs to be updated to the regional fallback firmware(AUNZ) and then it needs to be updated to the latest firmware version on that regional branch.

So I assume the bloke on FB is trying to say that the M3H software package is unable to update these fresh out of the box UMCs yet. And that he had to go to Tesla to have it updated with an outgoing model.

If you have the older 8/10 or 12/15 tails, you need to get the updated 10/10 and 15/15 tails.

If you already have those leads, but the UMC hasn’t been used before, the firmware of the UMC needs to be updated. Until it is updated, it will only pull 8A or 12A depending on the tail.

UMC firmware is packaged in to the cars software update and when the car is charged up to the set limit, and the charger is ‘idling’ the car will push the new firmware.

From what I’ve found out, all the new UMCs needs to be updated twice. Initially, the UMC needs to be updated to the regional fallback firmware(AUNZ) and then it needs to be updated to the latest firmware version on that regional branch.

So I assume the bloke on FB is trying to say that the M3H software package is unable to update these fresh out of the box UMCs yet. And that he had to go to Tesla to have it updated with an outgoing model.
Or he hasnt charged his car up and let it update by itself.. who knows..

Reactions: Jules22 and Rosier
I always park away from everyone, i dont mind walking, i like thd exercise and am grateful that i can. Somehow, however some dh always parks next to me.
Its sort of ok if its another nice car, but sometimes kids getting out of mercs back doors are quite reckless too
Back when my car was new, circa 2015 and there were few around, I would park in empty sections of shopping car parks to prevent other cars denting the aluminium bodywork. Often, I would return with one or two other cars parked next to mine.🧐
I also would spend a lot of time cleaning the outside of the front windows, "Ooh - look at the big screen".
Stopped happening around the time Model 3 started to become popular.

printing a charger lock..........because.......karens.

giphy-3.gif

Back when my car was new, circa 2015 and there were few around, I would park in empty sections of shopping car parks to prevent other cars denting the aluminium bodywork. Often, I would return with one or two other cars parked next to mine.🧐
I also would spend a lot of time cleaning the outside of the front windows, "Ooh - look at the big screen".
It’s like the urinals. There’re always the odd ones that like to be right next to you.

I still park the furthest away i can. Partly to protect the car from kids flinging their suv doors open but also to allow people who need to park closer to do so

Ill bet that you were pretty nervous parking that beauty in any car park back then.. it would have attracted a lot off attention