Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’ve had my M3 RWD for 3 weeks now. Just went over 3000km.
One small stone chip on the bonnet, one nasty chip on the pax windscreen, (repaired).
Had to put acceleration back to chill before I get a ticket.
131 Wh/km avg.

View attachment 1014466
Very nice. Also good to see a car space inbetwen your car and the truck! not sure why that gives me anxiety!

I am on day 3. Car has been in the shed most of the time but i am going to take it out for a drive today to break the ice (no pun intended).
I think its like when you get a new pair of shoes and you wnat to keep them new as long as possible..
I had a bunch of people over last night after the lads birthday checking the car out so it has everyones greasy finger prints on it haha.. I did the lightshow for them as a finale :)

That red looks mesmerizing...

n my case my car wasnt due until Friday, but they called me on Wednseday and said i can come get it. If i hadnt paid i would have been kicking myself, especially if it didnt clear until monday

In my case, I just got insurance with no rego. You can give them the rego later. As for the policy starting date, I was being hopeful and gave them the first day of EDD. You will likely lapse a couple of days of insurance but hey. Get the proof of insurance and give it to the bank. They will then clear the funds.

Great advice thank you both. Worse case I'm paying a bit of extra insurance which is no big deal. Will put as the start EDD and use the VIN.

Reactions: Rosier
Picked up my LR ultra red car from Alexandria NSW yesterday. The place was packed with cars. No build issue on the car I can see. Everything looks great so far
Congrats on your car! Have you seen many white, RWD, black seat ones there :) ? I know I've been wait for just over a month now (ordered 27/12) but it looks like an eternity, not even an update on my EDD 😢

1706828801358.png

Just have a long sleep off weekend and here I come...... :)

First impressions amazing car. Never had an ev before so driving is a different experience. The car feels very high quality. And very fast once u hit the pedal. Need to get use to it or gonna get a lot of speeding fines
The LR seemed very attractive at first, I definitely considered it. The extra range would be nice for longer road trips. AWD etc
In the end opted for the RWD as it’s stupidly powerful enough!

I could see myself getting into trouble with all that extra grunt, not to mention the temptation of boost upgrade, if that is an option.

In the end, the extra $10k for the AWD just would’ve been hard to justify.
I saw a pretty good YT review that suggested the RWD was actually better to drive, handling wise.
Not sure if that’s true, but OMG this car is… lost for words.

Now for:
Ceramic window tint…
32A home circuit…
Wall charger…
Floor mat set…
Tow hitch…

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
The LR seemed very attractive at first, I definitely considered it. The extra range would be nice for longer road trips. AWD etc
In the end opted for the RWD as it’s stupidly powerful enough!

I could see myself getting into trouble with all that extra grunt, not to mention the temptation of boost upgrade, if that is an option.
I have a fairly long commute (~100 km per day) and frequent trips to ADL-MEL. LR for me is a better option (he said while thinking "what a beautiful excuse for 440hp bloody hell 🤪").

Surely, extra power comes with extra responsibility. But have you tried both RWD and LR legacy M3s?

Reactions: aaron.m