Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The LR seemed very attractive at first, I definitely considered it. The extra range would be nice for longer road trips. AWD etc
In the end opted for the RWD as it’s stupidly powerful enough!

I could see myself getting into trouble with all that extra grunt, not to mention the temptation of boost upgrade, if that is an option.

In the end, the extra $10k for the AWD just would’ve been hard to justify.
I saw a pretty good YT review that suggested the RWD was actually better to drive, handling wise.
Not sure if that’s true, but OMG this car is… lost for words.

Now for:
Ceramic window tint…
32A home circuit…
Wall charger…
Floor mat set…
Tow hitch…
If you have an option then get a 16A 3-phase circuit for easy 11kw charging versus 32A single phase max 7.2kwh under ideal circumstances which also causes a lot of heating loss in cabling compared 16A 3-phase

Reactions: Red tree frog

in here, in the "R&D schedule" tab, am I right to interpret "availability dates" as the dates where all those vehicles which have been loaded off have to be picked up and moved out of the port?

Reactions: helio3

in here, in the "R&D schedule" tab, am I right to interpret "availability dates" as the dates where all those vehicles which have been loaded off have to be picked up and moved out of the port?
Almost looks like they can't even be picked up until the 5th for FA, so a Sunday delivery looks to be out of the question (my EDD still starts from the 4th). Probably mid week would be the earliest if that's the case

I have 10Amp power socket just at the right place in driveway. No need for an extension cable. But 10Amp is slow and I have a lot more electricity produced, which is currently fed back to the grid at 8c/kW.
But then isn't it quarterly offset that is charged. So essentially it doesn't matter how much time you took to fill the car up but how much total you used yourself out of the total, Right?

This... I'm struggling to find an electrician in Adelaide Hills area, who does not charge for it like he is asked to build a spaceship in my driveway.
FWIW I had a 32amp circuit installed to my garage (about 10m of cabling required) for ~$800. No wall charger required just using UMC. This was in Perth though so you wouldn't benefit from the contact, but just as a price comparison.

FWIW I had a 32amp circuit installed to my garage (about 10m of cabling required) for ~$800. No wall charger required just using UMC. This was in Perth though so you wouldn't benefit from the contact, but just as a price comparison.

5 pin 32amp plug installed in garage back to back with my electricity box located outside so not much cabling required, $550 including parts and labour in NSW.

Reactions: divstar
I just got a call from Canberra DC, I no longer have my pickup for next Tuesday as they don't know when it's arriving in Canberra.. a bit of a bummer.

She did mention when it arrives it'll be good to go the next day and doesn't require rectification work. So it either has had it done in Sydney or Paganella vehicles had the correct parcel shelf fitted already.

I just got a wall socket installed in NE suburbs of Adelaide ~$1000 that included 30m cable, socket + plug for my wall charger end.

Reactions: dronus
Almost looks like they can't even be picked up until the 5th for FA, so a Sunday delivery looks to be out of the question (my EDD still starts from the 4th). Probably mid week would be the earliest if that's the case
FA cars are available from tomorrow. FA breakbulk cargo won’t be available until Monday. So there’s a tiny bit of hope but I assume Sunday is unlikely like you said.

Reactions: helio3
Get in! Originally got offered Sat the 10th but I'm interstate so hopefully it means someone else in Adelaide got an earlier slot than first intended!
1000009925.png