Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car should be on the dock now that Don Juan is gone from Kembla. What’s the average turn around most of you experienced between the ship coming in and you getting the call?
It comes down to your luck. The difference between the first and last has been large. E.g. in Adelaide from the FA ship, first deliveries were within 3 weeks of offloading cars in Melbourne (1st feb), while the delivery range extends to 9 weeks post offloading (mine is Mar 4- Apr 6), so 3-9 weeks for cars from the same ship, same DC.

It comes down to your luck. The difference between the first and last has been large. E.g. in Adelaide from the FA ship, first deliveries were within 3 weeks of offloading cars in Melbourne (1st feb), while the delivery range extends to 9 weeks post offloading (mine is Mar 4- Apr 6), so 3-9 weeks for cars from the same ship, same DC.
Luck is the key factor and I reckon also depends on the DC, Melbourne/Mulgrave DC is not coping well with the number of orders that they have got.
Got an email from Tesla that they are still trying their best to ramp up the delivery capacity, and will reach out to confirm delivery day asap.

Reactions: aaron.m
likewise got an SMS saying the same thing, not sure how they're doing it if they were ready last week for a delivery but now they're unable to schedule anything even a week out
I am as confused as you also. And would be interesting how they would reschedule our delivery. I could imagine there are already a lot of delivery confirmed for this week and next week (which I doubt they will move/reschedule). I could only say it is totally bad luck for us to schedule exactly on end of last week and got cancelled due to storm. I am guessing we might have to wait until end of March or even early April. (who knows what else will come up)

To be honest, this experience really put me off. I think social media didn't help.

I was watching Youtube about the special Cybertruck express delivery thing in the US. if you spent 30k referral credit, you could guarantee delivery within 45 days. Imagine everyone that placed an order on the first day, Tesla just allowed others to jump the queue. I know nothing is fair in this world that we are living in. But seeing Tesla treated their customers like that is a totally disgrace.

Maybe there is a T&C somewhere stated that the date that you placed your order doesn't correlate to or guarantee your delivery order. (maybe this is a common sense but I assumed if I order earlier I will get the car earlier)

Reactions: helio3 and aaron.m
Imagine everyone that placed an order on the first day, Tesla just allowed others to jump the queue. I know nothing is fair in this world that we are living in. But seeing Tesla treated their customers like that is a totally disgrace.
I hate that. It seems to be an accepted cultural thing over there that you can skip queues if you have enough money. It seems to be a bit more frowned upon here for now.

I am as confused as you also. And would be interesting how they would reschedule our delivery. I could imagine there are already a lot of delivery confirmed for this week and next week (which I doubt they will move/reschedule). I could only say it is totally bad luck for us to schedule exactly on end of last week and got cancelled due to storm. I am guessing we might have to wait until end of March or even early April. (who knows what else will come up)

To be honest, this experience really put me off. I think social media didn't help.

I was watching Youtube about the special Cybertruck express delivery thing in the US. if you spent 30k referral credit, you could guarantee delivery within 45 days. Imagine everyone that placed an order on the first day, Tesla just allowed others to jump the queue. I know nothing is fair in this world that we are living in. But seeing Tesla treated their customers like that is a totally disgrace.

Maybe there is a T&C somewhere stated that the date that you placed your order doesn't correlate to or guarantee your delivery order. (maybe this is a common sense but I assumed if I order earlier I will get the car earlier)
Its really confusing. I think it must be logistical issues like where the vehicles are parked in the lot at the docks to be able to access them to load them onto the carriers to transport to the DC, staffing, space etc.
Surely a company like Tesla has someone that can come up with a better predictive model and system to be able to plan from production to delivery end to end more seamlessly to avoid the constant delays and rescheduling.

Reactions: aaron.m and airly
i'm assuming it might've just been bad luck - for people who booked in wed/early thurs, it was possible their cars are already at mulgrave so they could rebook immediately but for ones later thurs/fri/sat they might be held up at the dock for some reason or another and won't/can't make its way to the DC...

i wish they'd give us more information and a realistic ETA, they just push mine a day out every day at the moment

Reactions: airly and sishome
i'm assuming it might've just been bad luck - for people who booked in wed/early thurs, it was possible their cars are already at mulgrave so they could rebook immediately but for ones later thurs/fri/sat they might be held up at the dock for some reason or another and won't/can't make its way to the DC...

i wish they'd give us more information and a realistic ETA, they just push mine a day out every day at the moment
My money is that access to mulgrave DC jas been hampered by removal of fallen trees and whatnot after last weeks storm.
When i picked up my car last Friday, both sides of the service road were lined with deadfall which will take a few days to completely clear.
The DC/warehouse seemed fine, if not completely full of cars.

If your cars aren't already at the DC, id say that they are having issues with the car transports getting in due to woodchippers and their trucks taking up a lot of space.

This is purely speculation though - just call the DC and ask them maybe?
Their staff were awesome for me!

Don't get your knickers twisted though - the wait is 10000000% worth it!

My money is that access to mulgrave DC jas been hampered by removal of fallen trees and whatnot after last weeks storm.
When i picked up my car last Friday, both sides of the service road were lined with deadfall which will take a few days to completely clear.
The DC/warehouse seemed fine, if not completely full of cars.

If your cars aren't already at the DC, id say that they are having issues with the car transports getting in due to woodchippers and their trucks taking up a lot of space.

This is purely speculation though - just call the DC and ask them maybe?
Their staff were awesome for me!

Don't get your knickers twisted though - the wait is 10000000% worth it!

i called the DC on the weekend and they advised me "they'll see if they could get me booked in today" - but i haven't received any contact since then besides the generic SMS/email "we'll book you in once we can" - i haven't pushed for more information though, i'm happy to wait for my turn just would like to know what i'm waiting for

also, looks like my delivery estimate has been changed to TBD, i guess this is a really good or a really bad sign?
1708313837078.png

Last edited:
Be as pushy as you can while still being polite mate!

My initial slot was noon last Friday. I got a call Thursday arvo saying that they wouldn't have the car ready in time, and they changed it to 3pm.
My uber arrived about 45min early, and arrived at 14:15.
Zero hassle with that - I was out of there and on my way to pick my kids up by 14:30.

I reckon you'll be in your car inside of a week.

My car should be on the dock now that Don Juan is gone from Kembla. What’s the average turn around most of you experienced between the ship coming in and you getting the call?
The first few shipments were hampered by the child restraint tether issue - with that out of the way it's all done to delivery centre capacity. From what I see they have many weeks of backlog to get through. Depends on your location as well.

Be as pushy as you can while still being polite mate!

My initial slot was noon last Friday. I got a call Thursday arvo saying that they wouldn't have the car ready in time, and they changed it to 3pm.
My uber arrived about 45min early, and arrived at 14:15.
Zero hassle with that - I was out of there and on my way to pick my kids up by 14:30.

I reckon you'll be in your car inside of a week.
Wow you just made the cut! I booked in for last Sat and got cancelled on Wed arvo! And now in the forever waiting mode.

I don't think it is worth to push them to be honest. I am sure they are trying whatever they could to deliver the car to us.

Reactions: dronus and SiLENC3