Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow I get formally ordained into the cult! Pick-up at 10:30am. A long time coming for me - I started the quoting with my NL back in June and placed my order August 31st. Much worse for my wife though, she's had to hear me yammer on for 6 months.

The Model 3 is an enormous upgrade on my current ICE vehicle (2007 Mitsubishi Lancer) but I'll still be sad to say goodbye. My parents bought it for me for my 17th birthday and I've kept it as my one and only car ever since. About 10 years on and its been all round reliable (less so in the last 12 months), but severely lacking modern safety features which I can't in good faith cart my kids around in. Not to mention the last two services have cost me about 3/4 of the value of the car 😂

Let's see how well I sleep tonight!
Wow happy for you and your wife’n’kids getting a cooler, cleaner, climate friendlier and safer car! My wife also can’t stand me talking about or listening to Tesla related news anymore as it took heaps of convincing to order it last year and wait this long. Well sweet dreams tonight for tomorrow’s ceremony to join the cult!

IMG_9699.jpg

Well, it happened.. and I couldn't be more happier. Put 39km on the clock between driving around and dropping it off at OCD in Mitchell for some ceramic coating + tinting. Was a little sad dropping it off for a few days after just picking it up.. back to the ICE car until it goes on the weekend.

Overall, the delivery process was quick and simple. I rocked up 15 minutes early and it was sitting there waiting for me on 85% charge. App was intuitive and allowed me to take control of all the functions immediately once it was finally unlocked on delivery day/hour.

2 things I was initially quite impressed with:
1. The sound quality in the RWD is superb. I mentioned previously my outgoing vehicle (Golf) had the upgraded sound & vision package added to it and it's on par, if not better sounding than it.
2. The cruise control worked without a hitch on my small commute in varying 100-60 zones. I have yet to try autopilot as I was in a hurry to get the vehicle to the detailers and didn't stop to activate it. Also realised I can't activate sentry remotely for the first time as its telling me a setting needs to be enabled on the vehicle itself. Ah well.

Interestingly, they rectified the parcel shelf at 11:30am and I picked it up at 3:00pm on the same day (today). The car must've just gotten into Canberra yesterday or today.

Looking forward to hopefully taking it down the coast and stretching its legs this weekend if the weather holds. :cool:

View attachment 1020035

Well, it happened.. and I couldn't be more happier. Put 39km on the clock between driving around and dropping it off at OCD in Mitchell for some ceramic coating + tinting. Was a little sad dropping it off for a few days after just picking it up.. back to the ICE car until it goes on the weekend.

Overall, the delivery process was quick and simple. I rocked up 15 minutes early and it was sitting there waiting for me on 85% charge. App was intuitive and allowed me to take control of all the functions immediately once it was finally unlocked on delivery day/hour.

2 things I was initially quite impressed with:
1. The sound quality in the RWD is superb. I mentioned previously my outgoing vehicle (Golf) had the upgraded sound & vision package added to it and it's on par, if not better sounding than it.
2. The cruise control worked without a hitch on my small commute in varying 100-60 zones. I have yet to try autopilot as I was in a hurry to get the vehicle to the detailers and didn't stop to activate it. Also realised I can't activate sentry remotely for the first time as its telling me a setting needs to be enabled on the vehicle itself. Ah well.

Interestingly, they rectified the parcel shelf at 11:30am and I picked it up at 3:00pm on the same day (today). The car must've just gotten into Canberra yesterday or today.

Looking forward to hopefully taking it down the coast and stretching its legs this weekend if the weather holds. :cool:
Congrats mate, glad you are enjoying it and great to have another highland on the Canberra streets lol

Hey what percentage interest rates are others getting in Aus for their novated lease deals currently? SPA offered me 10% via Angle Finance late last year then 7% when I said I needed a better rate, since rates are now expected to drop a few times this year and next. Then paperwork comes with 10.79% & they say it’s higher due to their margin %! I’m 51 with great credit rating so wonder what others are getting. BTW I’m doing a 2 yr deal and would do 1 yr if I could afford it as we really want the MY Juniper for the hatchback (as dog owners).

Hey what percentage interest rates are others getting in Aus for their novated lease deals currently? SPA offered me 10% via Angle Finance late last year then 7% when I said I needed a better rate, since rates are now expected to drop a few times this year and next. Then paperwork comes with 10.79% & they say it’s higher due to their margin %! I’m 51 with great credit rating so wonder what others are getting. BTW I’m doing a 2 yr deal and would do 1 yr if I could afford it as we really want the MY Juniper for the hatchback (as dog owners).
I'm on 12% via Angle Auto Finance, somewhere in my finance tube was being extremely stingy and refused to budge on interest rate, it's still a saving over cash but not as much as it could've been

Plugged the new model 3 in at home last night for the first time... Was prompted for a software update immediately.
Also started charging overnight and was rudely awaken at 4am from the smoke alarm in the next room, no smoke or weird smells. Coincidence?
Ohh if you listen to the trashy tabloids and msm it was probably just it catching on fire, like they all do :)

Plugged the new model 3 in at home last night for the first time... Was prompted for a software update immediately.
Also started charging overnight and was rudely awaken at 4am from the smoke alarm in the next room, no smoke or weird smells. Coincidence?
As it was your first charge, I wouldn’t charge overnight the next time and charge when you are home whilst keeping a close eye on the electricity circuit supporting the charging. Perhaps you have a wire getting too warm?