Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was behind a byd atto 3 on marion road today, it has pretty new plates on it. I think it was heading to the same jolt i was so i went around it. When i went past the passenger was taking photos of my car with their phone haha.
I havent seen any seals in adelaide yet?
No idea. It's not my car though. It's like everything is not right for me with the interior, but I can imagine lots of people who would love it. Worth at least trying before submitting yourself to all these tesla failures.

Reactions: dronus
Hi all, about to pull the trigger and enter the Tesla world. I’m waiting for my finance approval for my lease before ordering, but have watched the inventory stock plummet to near zero now this past week.
Does this get updated often or would I need to wait a while?
I’ve seen here some people waiting almost 6 months at the moment, others much faster . Is there order specs that usually lead to longer wait times? I’m likely after a rwd stealth grey , black interior and 18” wheels.
Whilst the grey is my preferred colour, it’s a close call with white. If it means an extra 4 months I’d look at maybe changing.
I think once all backlog overdue reservations are cleared it will be the normal quick turnaround with inventory waves as ships of them arrive based on demand projections. The gigafactory pumps a couple cars out per minute I think but we are a tiny car market that needs steering wheel put on least common market side, and now needing a special parcel shelf to be able to be sold in Australia.

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
I was chatting with a couple of Tesla owners yesterday about this, and their advice was; when you put your tesla order in, forget that you even ordered and just get excited when it actually arrives. Otherwise, the journey is real painful. I wish I listened to this advice earlier.
However, they both said that it was worth the wait and you forget about the painful wait. I guess I'll find out soonish.
Yep the wait seems longer when you check here all the time vs forget about it till they contact to say pay us. They’ve had issues getting cars sold here, we are a tiny pain in the arse RHS steering parcel shelf boat turn back didn’t help delaying things. I finally get mine delivered no extra cost to my door next week as I’m more than 250km from a DC. I ordered mid Dec, hoping I’d maybe get it b4 Xmas but I will still get it within the initial delivery 3 month window I got when I ordered it. I’m in NSW halfway between Syd and Bris but think it’s coming from Sydney…

Reactions: ConnorMcleod
I think once all backlog overdue reservations are cleared it will be the normal quick turnaround with inventory waves as ships of them arrive based on demand projections. The gigafactory pumps a couple cars out per minute I think but we are a tiny car market that needs steering wheel put on least common market side, and now needing a special parcel shelf to be able to be sold in Australia.
Production or bringing it to Australia does not seem to be the main problem now. Check my timeline. Apparently it takes much longer to bring the car from temporary storage in Adelaide to the delivery centre (30 km distance) and replace the shelf than to produce it, carry it through a dozen of Japanese ports, bring it from Japan to Australia, unload it in port of Melbourne, which is severely overloaded and delayed by greedy DAFF, and clear the customs.

Reactions: bezz and dronus
Production or bringing it to Australia does not seem to be the main problem now. Check my timeline. Apparently it takes much longer to bring the car from temporary storage in Adelaide to the delivery centre (30 km distance) and replace the shelf than to produce it, carry it through a dozen of Japanese ports, bring it from Japan to Australia, unload it in port of Melbourne, which is severely overloaded and delayed by greedy DAFF, and clear the customs.
Adelaide DC Definitely needs more capacity.. thats forsure.. with the exponential growth and sales they need to do something to keep up and prevent these delays.
I wonder if there is any capacity at Tonsley to expand and incorporate the service and delivery functions? Apart from being central i cant see too many other benefits of it being located at the airport, especially given its size.

Adelaide DC Definitely needs more capacity.. thats forsure.. with the exponential growth and sales they need to do something to keep up and prevent these delays.
I wonder if there is any capacity at Tonsley to expand and incorporate the service and delivery functions? Apart from being central i cant see too many other benefits of it being located at the airport, especially given its size.
Absolutely. Or more efficient and more enforced workflows. Or both. Again, I haven't seen Adelaide DC full with cars inside.
Where are all those people who were telling me that teslas are transported in enclosed containers and delivered at a rate of 20 per hour or what was that :)

Reactions: dronus
Absolutely. Or more efficient and more enforced workflows. Or both. Again, I haven't seen Adelaide DC full with cars inside.
Where are all those people who were telling me that teslas are transported in enclosed containers and delivered at a rate of 20 per hour or what was that :)
I can confirm it is full of Teslas being delivered, Model 3 and Y. the rest seems a bit foo

I think this is true for Melbourne at least. The two DCs (one newly opened) aren't enough apparently. The port is full of cars, they can't deliver them sooner. I guess with legacy brands, they can ship to the numerous dealers to hold them in their yard, but with Tesla, they've not been able to scale up.

Reactions: ConnorMcleod
Cry us a river mate. I ordered mine mid November and still nothing. We are all in the same boat. I'm so inpatient but I realised that there's no point being upset about it...
oath - feel for the waiters but everyone needs to appreciate its not just a tesla only issue. I know people who are waiting on Camrys for over a YEAR. 3-6 months is not the end of the world when youre driving off in such a fun car at the end of the wait.

oath - feel for the waiters but everyone needs to appreciate its not just a tesla only issue. I know people who are waiting on Camrys for over a YEAR. 3-6 months is not the end of the world when youre driving off in such a fun car at the end of the wait.
I was speaking with someone last night and they have been waiting for a hybrid camry for 18months, hybrid rav4 was just as long if not longer.

:) anything here is definitely not the end of the world and clearly one of the first-world problems. Over a year or whatever is ok if you are clearly advised on that. But if you are told one thing, then the other thing, then you get a spam email with unclear meaning, then told "we don't know", then told "we know and will tell you maybe later if we find you deserve to know it", then contract disappears, then reappears, then vin changes, then disappears, then reappears, then vin gets different, then back the same as was before, then you get another spam email with unclear meaning, then "we don't know we will advise you", then delivery date shifts, then "we don't know it's not us", then the whole website crashes, then your contract reappears, then vin disappears from one place and reappears at another place, then "arriving soon", then "we don't know it's not us", then "is approaching", then "we cannot see any communication", then then then and so on, you actually start thinking what sort of dodgy business you are trying to deal with. It literally means the whole system does not work as intended. And then you start questioning the whole thing including the quality of the product you are trying to purchase by going through all this.

• Helpful
Reactions: james8 and airly

Attachments

• M3H_Bike.jpg
    M3H_Bike.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 27
:) anything here is definitely not the end of the world and clearly one of the first-world problems. Over a year or whatever is ok if you are clearly advised on that. But if you are told one thing, then the other thing, then you get a spam email with unclear meaning, then told "we don't know", then told "we know and will tell you maybe later if we find you deserve to know it", then contract disappears, then reappears, then vin changes, then disappears, then reappears, then vin gets different, then back the same as was before, then you get another spam email with unclear meaning, then "we don't know we will advise you", then delivery date shifts, then "we don't know it's not us", then the whole website crashes, then your contract reappears, then vin disappears from one place and reappears at another place, then "arriving soon", then "we don't know it's not us", then "is approaching", then "we cannot see any communication", then then then and so on, you actually start thinking what sort of dodgy business you are trying to deal with. It literally means the whole system does not work as intended. And then you start questioning the whole thing including the quality of the product you are trying to purchase by going through all this.
Totally agree!

Very unfortunate, Tesla delivery system is more Tesla focus instead of customer focus. It is designed to manufacture the car in scale and deliver the car in scale, NOT designed to deliver the car ASAP to the customer and manage customer's expectation. The fact that someone ordered later than you can get the car earlier than you is a big no no that Tesla need to address. The people in DC has no controls on the timing of the delivery. For the situation of the stinkbug, poor customer have to wait months for their Model Y, because the cars on the vessel has already been assigned to them, and whatever happen from the car manufactured (VIN assigned) to car get to the DC, it will directly impact the customer expectation / delivery timeline and ppl in Tesla DC can't do anything about it. For the situation of not available to pick up the car, some customers have to cancel their order, lost $400 order fee and back to the queue again (if they can't arrange someone else to pick it up on their behalf).

The dealership model is much better to deal with that. It is the dealership's interest to make sure customer is happy. (but of course you bloody paid for it, since you might not be paying MSRP), and the dealership has control on which car to deliver to who. (they could decide to give it to their mate first, or give it to someone been bloody waiting forever, or give it to someone that paid more for it)

Not that I like the dealership model, I love Tesla as a company, but it think they need to address this issue. Maybe one way to do that is to give the DC more control on which car to deliver to who. Which also mean that they shouldn't assign VIN when the car is ready to be shipped. (they should allocate the VIN to DC but not assign to customer yet, and once the car is ready to go, they could then assign to customer based on the fair factor or whatever factor that make sense)

Reactions: sishome