Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my wife a tesla, and now I have accompanied her to the flower and garden show. I am thinking this must be worth heaps of kudos points.
1000002600.jpg

Probably all you can do is put your VIN into the Register of Approved Vehicles website and find the date the record was created. As a rule of thumb, that corresponds to the day a particular ship first docked in an Australian port.
Then you can go back to that time in this thread and you may be lucky and someone will mention a ship arriving on the same date.
In all probability, mine is from a cancelled order from the lot on the Viking Passama which docked in PK on 9th March. VIN was registered with RAV on 11th March.

In all probability, mine is from a cancelled order from the lot on the Viking Passama which docked in PK on 9th March. VIN was registered with RAV on 11th March.
Interesting. My inventory order was registered in RAV on 20/02 but I don’t have a delivery date yet. Was thinking mine might have come in on the same ship which was meant to reach Brisbane on 22/02 but didn’t end up docking until 07/03 for whatever reason, but that doesn’t line up with your RAV date assuming they do all at once. Not really sure where it would be now though and surely doesn’t take that long to get down to the Gold Coast 🤷‍♂️

When you switched to an inventory order what were your timeframes with receiving the invoice and scheduling in delivery?

Interesting. My inventory order was registered in RAV on 20/02 but I don’t have a delivery date yet. Was thinking mine might have come in on the same ship which was meant to reach Brisbane on 22/02 but didn’t end up docking until 07/03 for whatever reason, but that doesn’t line up with your RAV date assuming they do all at once. Not really sure where it would be now though and surely doesn’t take that long to get down to the Gold Coast 🤷‍♂️

When you switched to an inventory order what were your timeframes with receiving the invoice and scheduling in delivery?
I was on a call with a sales advisor when I switched my order. She then called me back after 10 min to say that it was switched successfully and the one in inventory had been assigned to me. We organised a time and day for the delivery on the call itself. I then must have received the registration form within 15 min and the final invoice within a couple of hours. This all happened between 3-5.30pm on Friday last week. I do recall her saying that the car was available for immediate delivery, so I assumed that it was already sitting in my DC of choice.

Reactions: ezpz
For those that have received their vehicles, do we get a heads up of our rego number or do we find out on the day? I was hoping it can show up on my Service NSW app prior to collection.
In Adelaide you get a text message containing the rego when they register the car. This is always on the same day you take delivery.

Reactions: MattAdrian