Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mines booked for Easter Sunday in Melbourne. Couldn’t chose anything in April, guessing they’re trying to fill the march slots. Told them the leasing company might not have the finance done by then but they wanted to book Sunday and then reschedule if necessary
Mine's booked for Easter Saturday at Mulgrave - these next few days will be difficult!

Reactions: mcschultz
Unfortunately with the timing of the Easter holidays coming up, my experience of organising the delivery date has been subpar.

Last week, when I posted, I said that Tesla had only offer me 3rd April 2024 as the delivery date. This afternoon, I received a message from Alexandria DC saying they can't do that date because its too soon after the long weekend. I gave them a ring back and they said they can book me in on the 28th March 2024. However, SG Fleet (Novated Lease provider) said they are unable to provide the payment and leasing documents this close to the delivery date. For this reason, I have texted Tesla back and said I need to reschedule again! The guy on the phone said that SG Fleet are notorious for their slow processes.

New delivery date is 8th April 2024. I guess it kinda works out well because my car will require the tinting and coating service 2 days after I pick up my vehicle.

Hey all, I’ll post my full timeline below cos I know a lot of people who ordered after me have questions around the timing of everything. All in all it’s a pretty quick turnaround given how long people are having to wait for other car brands!

My order is:
RWD, White, B&W interior, 18” photons
  • 19/02 | Order placed, EDD: Feb-Apr
  • 18/03 | EDD updated: Mar 30-May 5
  • 18/03 | The documents section of the Tesla app was updated to include Application for Vehicle Registration which included my VIN
  • 19/03 | Received ‘vehicle assigned’ email which includes the name of the vessel the car is on
  • 19/03 | Received final invoice email
  • 19/03 | Received registration form email
  • 21/03 | Received call from Tesla rep advising the vessel should arrive in the next day or two, hoping to have the car available for pick up on 27th or 28th
  • 23/03 | The vessel arrived at Port Melbourne approx 20:30
  • 25/03 | Received “Model 3 delivery is approaching” email
  • 25/03 | Received invite to schedule delivery. First available date was 30/03, which I have booked in for - pickup from Mulgrave (Melbourne)

Reactions: BaymaxW and ezpz
Oh cool! Congrats! Did you just get the option to choose your pickup day? Around what time did the notice came?
It all happened very quickly this afternoon. I first got confirmation that my registration docs were sorted and then soon after got the text to choose a date - about 12:30pm. I had an option of either this Thursday or Saturday. Will just need to make sure funds are cleared Thursday PM given the public holiday, but looking forward to giving the new car a whirl over the long weekend.

I got my booking confirmation yesterday. This coming Easter Saturday morning in Mulgrave.

Signed all my loan documents with Macquarie last night and they believe they will be able to settle and make payment with no problem in the next day or so. They have been pretty great and would recommend them for anyone taking out a car loan.

All in all, I put in my order on the 7th of March so the whole process from end to end has taken just over three weeks which I’m pretty impressed with. I have friends who have been waiting for a Toyota for over a year now and they still have another month to go. 👌