Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla breaking my heart again today... Got an order update email but I think its just for the price adjustment on the LR.View attachment 1035693
Indeed it is heartbreaking! To finally something landing in your inbox from Tesla and doesnt talk about delivery. I have exactly the same car configuration and waiting for the delivery and convincing my partner to accept the white from
Inventory.

Has everyone received their Vins on the Brisbane vessel docking next, I'm thinking I didn't make the cut for that one and hoping the Morning Crystal has my ride in it. (ETA 12/4/24)
Also random bit of info came my way yesterday in a non-tesla related convo- that ship that "went on Holiday" actually couldn't dock due to a mouse or rodent investation. The vessel was baited but didn't pass subsequent inspections and was sent back.... so I'm told. Id be interested if anyone else could confirm that.

Cheers

Has everyone received their Vins on the Brisbane vessel docking next, I'm thinking I didn't make the cut for that one and hoping the Morning Crystal has my ride in it. (ETA 12/4/24)
Also random bit of info came my way yesterday in a non-tesla related convo- that ship that "went on Holiday" actually couldn't dock due to a mouse or rodent investation. The vessel was baited but didn't pass subsequent inspections and was sent back.... so I'm told. Id be interested if anyone else could confirm that.

Cheers
I hope you're not talking about the ORCHID ACE, this went on an Asia holiday (China, Singapore, Thailand, back to China, Singapore, etc.) before they finally decided to come to AUS. I thought they were in Perth, at least sites are still showing them as moored in Fremantle (WA) now.

I hope you're not talking about the ORCHID ACE, this went on an Asia holiday (China, Singapore, Thailand, back to China, Singapore, etc.) before they finally decided to come to AUS. I thought they were in Perth, at least sites are still showing them as moored in Fremantle (WA) now.
in the Fremantle port website it says the ORCHID ACE is schedule to leave today (at 8pm, local time) and that's heading to Adaleide so hopefully it's all good with it:
1712293356841.png

sorry guys if i confused the issue, I was trying to say that was the reason it went on the 'holiday' to start with

• Funny
Reactions: BaymaxW
What are the initial letters of it? I saw that they were in XD<xxxx> some time ago but haven't seen more of it since.
I got numbers 4 and 9 and didn't like the overall combination of it. Rang up Tesla and the guy on the phone was quite helpful cause he offered a few options.

The option we went with is that he told me to come in an hour earlier than my appointment time and come and check out the vehicle. Then to accept delivery. The people at Tesla will give me the front and rear number plates and the advisor said to go to Service NSW in Marrickville to swap out the plates for a pretty low fee and come back with the new ones and have them installed.

Reactions: ezpz and BaymaxW

Cheers
Morning Crystal is the next Tesla delivery to Brisbane (so far as I know). Based on previous ships, VINs will likely be allocated in the next 2-3 days.

Reactions: BTRProducer
Quick note for all, I called Tesla to check for my VIN and they said I had been allocated a VIN two weeks back itself. But I had used the chrome extension for VIN finder and could not find it.
The issue apparently was that I hadNot updated the Payment part. I was not aware that I had to do it as I am getting the car on NL. The moment I did it a few things happened VIN number appeared and WA Rego forms also appeared (signed and submitted). Now waiting for the Final invoice.
If I had not called I had be waiting till they called me and delivery would have been delayed.
PS: Tesla guy confirmed that Orchid Ace has in fact brought a load of Model 3’s which will be delivered to Tesla DC (Perth) by next week.

Hope you Adelaide-based friends with cars on the Orchid Ace are getting excited - the boat's on its way to you now!

Excitement for me is really starting to build. Does anyone know how long it usually takes from boat arrival at Port Kembla to being ready for pickup for Canberra owners?

I thought people were exaggerating about the automatic windshield wipers until I experienced it myself. It is so bad 💀.
Agree. Lol. Was driving in the crazy rain yesterday and the wipers were just not reliable. I ended changing it to the preset selection instead.
i was also slowly moving forward into a spot and it thought the rain drops on the windscreen was an obstruction, so the car was telling me to stop because it thought something was in front.

Reactions: Bonquopg
Hey folks. Looking for a bit of hive wisdom while I wait for any news about my M3.

Seen a lot of posts here about paint protection and such like. I'm starting to research my options, and wondered about the difference between ceramic coating or paint wraps.

Is one better than the other? Or do they do different things? Or should I get both done for optimal protection?

Seen a lot of posts here about paint protection and such like. I'm starting to research my options, and wondered about the difference between ceramic coating or paint wraps.
By paint wraps it depends whether you’re talking about protective paint film (PPF) or a vinyl wrap.

PPF - clear film that’s applied to part or all of your car. Provides some protection against stone chips and scratches to the paint. Fairly costly to do the whole car - somewhere around $5-$7K. Some people just get the high impact areas done like front bumper and bonnet etc.

Vinyl wrap - used to change the colour / appearance of your car. Provides little paint protection.

Ceramic coating - clear liquid coating applied to the car which bonds to the clear coat layer of the paint. Doesn’t provide protection from chips and scratches but does help with things like bird poo from damaging the paint (still needs to be removed asap). Improves the hydrophobic properties of the paint which means water will run off the paint very easily. Makes cleaning the car a lot easier and maintains the shine for longer. Think of it as doing the same thing as applying wax every couple months. Cost somewhere around $1-1.5K which should include paint correction before application. Note that to get the benefit of the claimed product warranties it typically requires an annual or 2 yearly inspection.

I’ve heard some places apply ceramic coating on top of the PPF to provide the best of both worlds and others comment that a ceramic coating won’t bond to the PPF so it’s pointless. Not sure on that one.

Reactions: BTRProducer
By paint wraps it depends whether you’re talking about protective paint film (PPF) or a vinyl wrap.

PPF - clear film that’s applied to part or all of your car. Provides some protection against stone chips and scratches to the paint. Fairly costly to do the whole car - somewhere around $5-$7K. Some people just get the high impact areas done like front bumper and bonnet etc.

Vinyl wrap - used to change the colour / appearance of your car. Provides little paint protection.

Ceramic coating - clear liquid coating applied to the car which bonds to the clear coat layer of the paint. Doesn’t provide protection from chips and scratches but does help with things like bird poo from damaging the paint (still needs to be removed asap). Improves the hydrophobic properties of the paint which means water will run off the paint very easily. Makes cleaning the car a lot easier and maintains the shine for longer. Think of it as doing the same thing as applying wax every couple months. Cost somewhere around $1-1.5K which should include paint correction before application. Note that to get the benefit of the claimed product warranties it typically requires an annual or 2 yearly inspection.

I’ve heard some places apply ceramic coating on top of the PPF to provide the best of both worlds and others comment that a ceramic coating won’t bond to the PPF so it’s pointless. Not sure on that one.
Thanks so much for that. Sounds like I want to go with a solution that does both.

Thankfully my NL company are happy to roll the cost of that into the lease itself. So that will take the sting out of the total cost. 😂