Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be careful with the leasing company paint protection. They usually have one supplier to do the job and they’re usually expensive and ver very average. Google motor one. The do SG fleet and read their reviews.

I’ve personally decided to get it done myself at a skilled auto detailer.

Be careful with the leasing company paint protection. They usually have one supplier to do the job and they’re usually expensive and ver very average. Google motor one. The do SG fleet and read their reviews.

My NL company said I can use anyone and just send them the quote to include in the lease.

Motor one now subcontract it out.
My motorone paint protection (ceramic coating) and tint was done at tint-a-car by a very skilled guy who did an excellent job.

My previous car was done by motor one themselves and I had to take it back a couple of times.

This is in SA anyway.

Reactions: BTRProducer
Macquarie Leasing said I can't put ceramic coating and tinting under my lease as its considered an accessory by the ATO now. I did manage to get cleaning and detailing included though...
That’s weird, not sure how either of those things could be considered an accessory haha.. I’ll just take it off and put it on my other car…
Mine were happy to do it.

That’s weird, not sure how either of those things could be considered an accessory haha.. I’ll just take it off and put it on my other car…
Mine were happy to do it.
Did you go through Macquarie too? I found this when doing a search online:

"Not Claimable
As a general rule, you can’t package any items that would be a capital improvement on the car. These should be done before the vehicle is delivered and included in the original vehicle cost.
Rust Proofing/Paint protection on purchase
Window Tinting (unless replacing damaged)
"

From my understanding, its supposed to be done prior to delivery to be eligable for leasing. Plenty do seem able to get it but I was told no before putting in my application.

Reactions: dronus
My motorone paint protection (ceramic coating) and tint was done at tint-a-car by a very skilled guy who did an excellent job.

My previous car was done by motor one themselves and I had to take it back a couple of times.
Tint-a-Car is part of the MotorOne group. Having had several different ceramic coastings over the past 13-14 years, in my opinion they are all pretty similar in look and longevity. What matters most is the skill and care factor of the person who does the paint correction prior to applying.

Macquarie Leasing said I can't put ceramic coating and tinting under my lease as its considered an accessory by the ATO now. I did manage to get cleaning and detailing included though...
My NL company said the same.

My NL company said I can use anyone and just send them the quote to include in the lease.
That's awesome. Timeless Car Cleaning are a really good detailer, have a location over your way, and can offer advice on different protection and tint options without the hard sell:

Reactions: BTRProducer
Did you go through Macquarie too? I found this when doing a search online:

"Not Claimable
As a general rule, you can’t package any items that would be a capital improvement on the car. These should be done before the vehicle is delivered and included in the original vehicle cost.
Rust Proofing/Paint protection on purchase
Window Tinting (unless replacing damaged)
"

From my understanding, its supposed to be done prior to delivery to be eligable for leasing. Plenty do seem able to get it but I was told no before putting in my application.
Hmm nope not thru Macquarie. That rule says you can’t, but if you do it has to be done before delivery which is a bit confusing.

Yep I had to nominate that I wanted it done and have it included in the invoice that my NL passed on to the finance company, then I had it done after I had the car.
Maybe it’s different with Tesla as you can’t get it tinted before delivery as you take delivery?

I’ve taken delivery of at least 5 NL cars and never had to have them tinted before delivery, this one included.

I’ve had towbars fitted before delivery tho.

Might be a local thing, but doesn’t sound like an ATo thing

Hmm nope not thru Macquarie. That rule says you can’t, but if you do it has to be done before delivery which is a bit confusing.

Yep I had to nominate that I wanted it done and have it included in the invoice that my NL passed on to the finance company, then I had it done after I had the car.
It's confusingly written but it means you can't package it as a separate item, you have to be leasing "car with tinting" for the total cost of the car-with-tinting. You can't lease a car then have tinting paid for like a running cost.

This affects the minimum residual value at the end of the lease and the FBT cost base.

Last edited:
advisor said to go to Service NSW in Marrickville to swap out the plates for a pretty low fee and come back with the new ones and have them installed.
That's good service. The Tesla Parramatta would not allow any choice or change. Take car to service NSW yourself was the answer.
Thankfully my NL company are happy to roll the cost of that into the lease itself.
Not a good idea if the leasing company is organising the work as the quality is unknown and likely they will pad the price up
Macquarie Leasing said I can't put ceramic coating and tinting under my lease as it's considered an accessory by the ATO now.
Correct.
Message for new or prospective owners:
PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY IS NOT A VALID CLAIMABLE EXPENSE

Just did one last refresh before bed and:

2024-04-06.png

Delivery date has updated to April 29 - May 20. Woot!

This is in SA anyway.
I’m using the SG/Motor One/Tint a car for my tints. After researching the local tint a car and checking its reviews.

The ceramic I wasn’t going to risk using theirs, and they wanted to charge a fortune for it.
Local retailer doing it but I’ll get him to invoice it as a clean and detail and try and claim that

Reactions: dronus
Got a date range last night instead of the usual months. Now saying 28th April to 19th May. Found the Vin but not linking to any ships as of yet. Delivery Sydney. Hope more people get updates!
I'm pretty sure that it is MORNING CRYSTAL. It is currently just north of PNG which seems to be about where VIN allocations happen. She is due at the Caloundra anchorage on 12/04, but Port of Brisbane don't have her docking until after 14/04 at this point. She then continues to Port Kembla and Melbourne.

Otherwise, the next Australian bound ships (thanks to Mr Miserable's 2024 Shipping Movements thread) is PAGNELLA due in Brisbane (via Japan) 18/04, Pt Kembla 23/04 & Melbourne 27/04 and then TURANDOT.

I'm pretty sure that it is MORNING CRYSTAL. It is currently just north of PNG which seems to be about where VIN allocations happen. She is due at the Caloundra anchorage on 12/04, but Port of Brisbane don't have her docking until after 14/04 at this point. She then continues to Port Kembla and Melbourne.

Otherwise, the next Australian bound ships (thanks to Mr Miserable's 2024 Shipping Movements thread) is PAGNELLA due in Brisbane (via Japan) 18/04, Pt Kembla 23/04 & Melbourne 27/04 and then TURANDOT.
I think your prediction on this timing has been right all along. Morning Crystal lines up nicely with the time frame, and knowing the latter date in the initial range usually tightens up closer to the first date in the range means we're both likely looking at a last week in April / first week in May window.

• Love
Reactions: mcv75