Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gang,
Any thoughts on the chances that our model Y's will get the HD Radar and Gen4 Hardware, that is currently rolling out on Model S and X ?
Also I am still unsure if we will get the Mobile charging connector, which I have been told will remain on the Australian cars at least until the end of March, not sure what would happen with April / May delivery? Also was told we will have the Ultrasonic sensors, even though these have been removed from most cars.
I would be interested to know what folks are hearing ?

Reactions: hillgun
Gang,
Any thoughts on the chances that our model Y's will get the HD Radar and Gen4 Hardware, that is currently rolling out on Model S and X ?
Also I am still unsure if we will get the Mobile charging connector, which I have been told will remain on the Australian cars at least until the end of March, not sure what would happen with April / May delivery? Also was told we will have the Ultrasonic sensors, even though these have been removed from most cars.
All Q1 deliveries will have UMC. No information on deliveries after that.

I too would like Tesla to upgrade Model Y with the new steering wheel and hardware 4 but I don’t think it will happen until 2024 in Australia.

2024 might have bring back USS and the new HD radar according to a few online sources.

Gang,
From what I have read, HW4 is quite unlikely in Model Y and 3 until Q2 2024. Tesla did say that UMC will be provided to cars delivered till 31st March. But they have changed their stance in the past so there's a small possibility that April deliveries get it too.

Is anybody else getting impatient. I really need my Y, struggling with the space in the 3. I keep checking the app all the time but it never moves from Feb - May :(

Surely there will be some movement in the next few weeks or chances are it won't be delivered before May is over.
If you mean, "Is anyone else chewing their arm off waiting", then, yeah, same. I just want a delivery date that I can plan towards!

How did they get an update before you got notified? Also, Tesla can’t predict months in advance. Isn’t it usually 4-6 weeks before?
Not sure how the Novated Leasing company decided on this placeholder date. I ordered on 25th October with a delivery window of Feb-May. The leasing company has a placeholder date of 17th May in my contract!

Not sure how the Novated Leasing company decided on this placeholder date. I ordered on 25th October with a delivery window of Feb-May. The leasing company has a placeholder date of 17th May in my contract!
Yeah. Strange. I ordered in December. Mine says Feb-May but someone in another thread reckons it’s going to be June delivery based on the shipping schedules. Curious why Tesla doesn’t give us any updates.

Reactions: hillgun
You're not going to believe this but I have the exact same spec and order date 17th Jan 😅
ryu-street-fighter.gif

👀 oooft hahaha I have the exact same specs as well but ordered on the 9th of Jan 👀