Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regardless of your location, you will have it well before June.
Hello All, I'm new to the forum. I've just ordered my MY RWD white with all standard inclusions a few days ago and the website still showing estimated delivery of April-June 2023. What is my chances of getting a car before end of June?
I see a lot of you have been waiting for months and even ordered last year and still waiting. Is the website showing misleading/unrealistic estimated delivery time frame?

Hello All, I'm new to the forum. I've just ordered my MY RWD white with all standard inclusions a few days ago and the website still showing estimated delivery of April-June 2023. What is my chances of getting a car before end of June?
I see a lot of you have been waiting for months and even ordered last year and still waiting. Is the website showing misleading/unrealistic estimated delivery time frame?
Hi MikeTan,
It is really hard to know. There were a very large number of orders on the first day, meaning that people who ordered mid-2022 have had a long wait. As the backlog is cleared, the gap between order date and delivery date closes. I ordered my MY RWD in late October, with EDD Feb-May, and Tesla tell me they are confident of delivery during that window. I interpret that as meaning delivery in May. So, you might be ok for delivery before EOFY. Just be prepared for people like me to scorn and deride you for your good fortune! 😀

Hi MikeTan,
It is really hard to know. There were a very large number of orders on the first day, meaning that people who ordered mid-2022 have had a long wait. As the backlog is cleared, the gap between order date and delivery date closes. I ordered my MY RWD in late October, with EDD Feb-May, and Tesla tell me they are confident of delivery during that window. I interpret that as meaning delivery in May. So, you might be ok for delivery before EOFY. Just be prepared for people like me to scorn and deride you for your good fortune! 😀
Same. We ordered in December. Our SA confirmed we will have the delivery around early May.

Hello MikeTan,
I think the window may be a bit optimistic, as you may have seen folks with orders in the beginning of October 22 are only now getting their delivery dates, which are in April. We also have folks with orders in November, December and beginning or January. All have a EDD window of Feb -May, Chances are October orders May get fulfilled in April, and the December, Jan and we are hoping for May. Tesla have told me they are working toward the window.
I would guess late June if you ordered recently, as I think orders from Mid Jan, Feb and March has the same EDD window as you.
Of course there is always a chance that someone with an identical order does not complete their order, in which case it will go to the next person in line with an identical order. So there is a chance you could get it earlier.
Hope this helps, and you will see people updating when they get VIn in this and other forums, so you will start to get a feel for how the delivery's are going as you check in on this forum over time. ;-)

Thank you all for your responses. I guess I'll just have to stay positive and hope for the best.
For what it's worth, I placed an order this week and the sales rep I spoke to seemed very confident that there was a huge shipment coming in the next month and we wouldn't have to wait any longer than a month or two. Could just be the usual sales talk but you never know, we might be lucky.

I ordered our MY RWD Blue standard inclusions last week, so in the same boat. I don’t expect it before June tbh. If it comes in three months, I’d be happily surprised compared to the wait all of you who ordered last year have had. Just don’t hate on us Model Y come-latelies!

Tesla's backlog peaked in June and July. So things should move fast once they finish deliveries for orders made in July-August.

Attachments

• Tesla backlog1.JPG
    Tesla backlog1.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Tesla backlog.JPG
    Tesla backlog.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: grizzlybear
Tesla's backlog peaked in June and July. So things should move fast once they finish deliveries for orders made in July-August.
I'm assuming backlog doesn't mean the same as new orders.
My interpretation of the chart is that from the date, there are still that many vehicles left to manufacture and deliver.

eg. Rest of World column:
31 Jan 2023 -18,560
28 Feb 2023 - 8628

Meaning Tesla were able to manufacture and deliver 9932 vehicles between those dates with 8628 left to go...
I hope I'm making sense.

Reactions: grizzlybear
I'm assuming backlog doesn't mean the same as new orders.
My interpretation of the chart is that from the date, there are still that many vehicles left to manufacture and deliver.

eg. Rest of World column:
31 Jan 2023 -18,560
28 Feb 2023 - 8628

Meaning Tesla were able to manufacture and deliver 9932 vehicles between those dates with 8628 left to go...
I hope I'm making sense.
That make sense and you would think the backlog numbers includes the new orders for that month as well. Based on that, if they can deliver close to 10000 cars a month and keep that up, it's looking pretty good.

Reactions: Elite Display
Hello MikeTan,
I think the window may be a bit optimistic, as you may have seen folks with orders in the beginning of October 22 are only now getting their delivery dates, which are in April. We also have folks with orders in November, December and beginning or January. All have a EDD window of Feb -May, Chances are October orders May get fulfilled in April, and the December, Jan and we are hoping for May. Tesla have told me they are working toward the window.
I would guess late June if you ordered recently, as I think orders from Mid Jan, Feb and March has the same EDD window as you.
Of course there is always a chance that someone with an identical order does not complete their order, in which case it will go to the next person in line with an identical order. So there is a chance you could get it earlier.
Hope this helps, and you will see people updating when they get VIn in this and other forums, so you will start to get a feel for how the delivery's are going as you check in on this forum over time. ;-)
September order here. No VIN