Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same! Booked for Fri morn. Hype!
Happy for you mate! You've been good around these forums so congrats.

I'm still crossing my fingers for my own car. Seems like more and more people are getting delivery SMSes for the same car and same location, but with later order dates than mine. Not just here, other forums too. I'm happy for them, but it still stings.

Happy for you mate! You've been good around these forums so congrats.

I'm still crossing my fingers for my own car. Seems like more and more people are getting delivery SMSes for the same car and same location, but with later order dates than mine. Not just here, other forums too. I'm happy for them, but it still stings.

Yeh it really sucks how its worked out like that. You should have had yours some time ago but the PK delays messed things up further up the coast. Think we got lucky with Turandot but there must have been sooooo many Melbourne cars on it that they thought yours would arrive before that rush.

I really hope the grand eagle docks, so my tesla will arrive around next week

At least you know that your boat is one of the next to dock so its a waiting game. Bit of congestion will build up as there are loads of vessels dropping off this week and next, but at least it'll be towards the front according to this.

Buddies indeed haha! this is exciting news! @xavier2k3 do you have any recommendations for comprehensive car insurance for Inner North?
Mate try having look at Aami too. Did some comparisons this evening and they were pretty good for inner North. Check the quote I got in attached file. Would be 1703 with glass cover, Down to 1447 with market value and no glass cover, 1544 with glass cover. Was working out better value than Budget Direct for me.

Comprehensive list of Melbourne insurers here, may work through some tomorrow to see if anyone can beat it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516_003022_Chrome Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20230516_003022_Chrome Beta.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Reactions: grizzlybear
Mate try having look at Aami too. Did some comparisons this evening and they were pretty good for inner North. Check the quote I got in attached file. Would be 1703 with glass cover, Down to 1447 with market value and no glass cover, 1544 with glass cover. Was working out better value than Budget Direct for me.

Comprehensive list of Melbourne insurers here, may work through some tomorrow to see if anyone can beat it.
I would keep the glass cover and unlimited hire car. I never had them in my previous cars nor needed them. But many complain online about glass cracking with stone chips driving on highway behind trucks or Tesla taking months to fix the car due to parts availability.

Few hundred dollars extra in insurance felt it was worth it. Check some insurance related posts on Facebook groups.

AAMI came out to be third option with $1800 premium. Budget direct was $1500 and RACV took the crown.

• Informative
Reactions: JonDarian
As per my SA, the car has cleared the port, it's waiting for truck transport to Chatswood. So my prediction that it was on Viking Passama was way off. It could have been on Viking Sea or Viking Emerald, and perhaps the Molace tracker wasn't working. Friday afternoon delivery looks likely now.
Is that true? Been waiting from October, EDD been pushed 6 times, last time pushed back for a month. Chatswood based.

I would keep the glass cover and unlimited hire car. I never had them in my previous cars nor needed them. But many complain online about glass cracking with stone chips driving on highway behind trucks or Tesla taking months to fix the car due to parts availability.

Few hundred dollars extra in insurance felt it was worth it. Check some insurance related posts on Facebook groups.

AAMI came out to be third option with $1800 premium. Budget direct was $1500 and RACV took the crown.

Yeh thanks for that - will defo do glass. Not too fussed about unlimited hire car for the premium increase actually, we have a second car but will defo weigh it up.