Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just an update on my situation.

Thursday 10th Nov - Morning still showing Feb-May 2023. Night time updated to Nov 10-23.

Friday 11th Nov - Got SMS in the morning that a car was assigned, SMS in afternoon to schedule pickup (only day to pick was Tuesday 15th) and that payment was required. This gives really only one business day before pickup.

Today - Get a call saying if payment doesn't clear by 2pm then they will have to delay my pickup.

I realise obviously they can't release the car without payment clearing (duh) but they have given me barely any time and I did everything as soon as possible upon being told the car was ready.

Thursday 10th Nov - Morning still showing Feb-May 2023. Night time updated to Nov 10-23.

Friday 11th Nov - Got SMS in the morning that a car was assigned, SMS in afternoon to schedule pickup (only day to pick was Tuesday 15th) and that payment was required. This gives really only one business day before pickup.

Today - Get a call saying if payment doesn't clear by 2pm then they will have to delay my pickup.

I realise obviously they can't release the car without payment clearing (duh) but they have given me barely any time and I did everything as soon as possible upon being told the car was ready.
Sounds like you have picked up someone's cancelled order. The timeframes they've given you suck no question about it but I guess they figure if you can't move to that timeline whoever is next in line will, or next after that etc. Tesla not known for their customer service or communication unfortunately

Sounds like you have picked up someone's cancelled order. The timeframes they've given you suck no question about it but I guess they figure if you can't move to that timeline whoever is next in line will, or next after that etc. Tesla not known for their customer service or communication unfortunately
Yeah can't imagine how someone needing to arrange finance would've dealt with it. I transferred cash as soon as possible and still couldn't meet the deadline.

Anyway another update, they rescheduled me to Thursday for pickup as the funds hadn't cleared by their 2PM cutoff today.

For anyone interested, I asked if it would come with the UMC and they said no. I ordered on July 9th so missed out by one day apparently.

Reactions: joseph.luppino
Yeah can't imagine how someone needing to arrange finance would've dealt with it. I transferred cash as soon as possible and still couldn't meet the deadline.

Anyway another update, they rescheduled me to Thursday for pickup as the funds hadn't cleared by their 2PM cutoff today.

For anyone interested, I asked if it would come with the UMC and they said no. I ordered on July 9th so missed out by one day apparently.

It's frustrating and stressful to me. For a product that takes months to arrive, i don't know why Tesla can't do a better job of giving us more accurate notice, even when we're being offered a cancellation. I don't mean a precise EDD six months out, but even roughly two weeks' notice in this scenario so people can pay if they're likely to benefit from someone else cancelling, and give a more reasonable period of warning. I wouldn't have a clue how to move a warehouse of close to 100 cars daily of course but I'd have thought they have a bunch of experience to draw upon and refine their processes.

Is anyone aware, for NSW, Sydney region, if model Y RWD version deliveries have been completed for ETA Nov2022-Feb2023?

Do you mean has everyone in Sydney who had an EDD of Nov-Feb'23 have all had their cars delivered - that would be a no
or
Do you mean has ANYONE in Sydney who had an EDD of Nov-Feb'23 received a car yet? I think @Baobab was a Nov-Feb who got their car early.

I realise obviously they can't release the car without payment clearing (duh) but they have given me barely any time and I did everything as soon as possible upon being told the car was ready

Wow, that sounds so stressful. I doubt anyone could get finance sorted that quickly.
We have the same estimated delivery window. May I ask when you put the deposit down for the car?

Rumour was that not enough orders were placed in the Australia and New Zealand markets for them to do a production run.

Where are all the revheads when you need them! Hopefully by clumping them all together they have enough for a run in December.
I took my ICE car for a service last week and they found $4000 worth of stuff that 'needs' doing. Most of it we can either wait on or DIY but the longer it takes for my MYP to arrive the more things the car will find to break.

Wow, that sounds so stressful. I doubt anyone could get finance sorted that quickly.
We have the same estimated delivery window. May I ask when you put the deposit down for the car?
My order was on July 9, transferred the remaining balance in cash as soon as I was notified to pay.
Payment cleared yesterday and they wanted me to pick it up today but I had medical appointments so moved it to tomorrow! What a stressful time but glad it’s d-day tomorrow :)

Where are all the revheads when you need them! Hopefully by clumping them all together they have enough for a run in December.
I took my ICE car for a service last week and they found $4000 worth of stuff that 'needs' doing. Most of it we can either wait on or DIY but the longer it takes for my MYP to arrive the more things the car will find to break.
Not to mention 2nd car prices are starting to fall... By the time our MYP arrive next year, its safe to say we would have lost sigificnatly more on our current car used value. I cancel my M3P order back in Aug thinking MYP on time like the MY SR. If tesla delivered the MYP on time like MY SR, all of us with MYP order should be already taking delivery now in NOV.