Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an ETA on my order (ordered 9 July).

It was saying Feb-May up until this afternoon.
My account just updated to say Nov 10-23.
Was not expecting this little notice at all.

What specs did you order? 11/9 order here, I need to stop myself from checking the app everyday.

Did you get a text message alert as well, or just on the app?

I’ve commented on this before. The Y feels cheaper than the 3 inside. Definitely. And to me it’s NOT the materials. They’re essentially the same. It’s the execution.

1. No cargo cover means the interior does not even LOOK finished. There’s just a void out there in the back

2. The carpet join under the riser the front seats sit on is just a raw join. Wonder how long that will last. And why is it actually visible? Why not put the join on the side nearest the Center console so it’s not visible, nor in possible harms way?

I’ve GOT a 3 on order. I actually would prefer the Y as I’m 68yo and getting down into and out of the 3 is going to be more problematic with my aging knees and hips. They’re already bad. But I simply do not like that slightly rough unfinished finish in the Y with those 2 items above.
Model Y has better pillar trim match than 3
Model Y who the hell use a cargo cover that actually uses the boot . We have removed from our last 3 cars. If you need the space in the boot the cover gets I. Your way.

The roof cross member is worse in than 3 than Y which gives you interrupted glass panel.

I have owned 2 model 3s and still own 1 and driven a few Ys. I think you need to take a closer look.

You just need to wrap your head around paying for tech not any interior luxuries. These just add so much to price and weight.

Previous car was internally mainly made by hand with exotic real crafted wood, subtle leather and plenty of chrome. A statement of zero respect for the environment and little utilitarian aspects to it. Not assembled on the European mainland.
I currently have a MY22 X5 and Model 3 LR .
I don’t feel Tesla is not luxurious.
It just does *sugar* right . I get into the X5 is torture.

Excited about my MYP that’s on order .

Model Y who the hell use a cargo cover that actually uses the boot . We have removed from our last 3 cars. If you need the space in the boot the cover gets I. Your way.

The roof cross member is worse in than 3 than Y which gives you interrupted glass panel.

I have owned 2 model 3s and still own 1 and driven a few Ys. I think you need to take a closer look.

Well...the new Y has the cargo cover (which can be removed)....so that's a mute point...

Reservation 31 Oct 2022.jpg

Test drove through the Gold Coast Service Centre, and ordered 31/10:

Performance Model Y
White, with Black interior
Expected delivery Feb to May 2023
Entered my email address to get notified once Towbar is available.

P.S. Does anyone want to sell their 19" Gemini wheels for my 21" Uberturbines (and whatever price difference)?
The Uberturbines look better, but we have bad roads where I live, and it's a common swap in the US for MYPs with the same issue. Confirmed load ratings are fine.
I missed out on a set on Gumtree in Brisbane near me. There's a set in Blacktown NSW, but that's a bit far.

Well...the new Y has the cargo cover (which can be removed)....so that's a mute point...
I’ve not seen this anywhere apart from Texas and I believe some Euro countries. Not read/seen anything about this in Australia except for the months leading up to the Y’s release here where pundits were (incorrectly) stating we’d get the cargo cover for sure. I’d be super happy to be shown an Australian Y with standard cargo cover.

I’ve not seen this anywhere apart from Texas and I believe some Euro countries. Not read/seen anything about this in Australia except for the months leading up to the Y’s release here where pundits were (incorrectly) stating we’d get the cargo cover for sure. I’d be super happy to be shown an Australian Y with standard cargo cover.
Even the Tesla SAs I spoke to said we’d be getting cargo covers so really disappointed to see them not be there.

Yes I agree. I will have another hard look. Agree the glass looks better on the Y than the 3. Have only read about a rattling seat belt against the b pillar, nothing about the trim being better, so I’ll give that a squiz.

As far as I know 99% of hatchbacks have a cargo cover which yes you can remove to increase boot capacity , but I’ve actually never seen one where it’s gone.

Again, SAs were saying that before a Y ever landed here. They were wrong then. But again, I’d LOVE for them to be right now!
Again, SAs were saying that before a Y ever landed here. They were wrong then. But again, I’d LOVE for them to be right now!
Looks like with the removal of sensors the camera changes happened at the same time and a cargo cover added