Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With MYPs yet to deliver, I'm wondering what will happen with MYRWD orders placed as early as August/September.

Since production line needs to be stopped for reconfiguring, I assume that whites will be the last to be produced (reasoning - once you start producing whites you wouldn't want to stop in between because of the large number of white orders. So produce the smaller ones first and close them off).

My thoughts:
  1. MYP non whites
  2. MYRWD non whites
  3. MYP whites
  4. MYRWD whites.
OR:
  1. MYP non whites
  2. MYP whites
  3. MYRWD non whites
  4. MYRWD whites
What do you think?

I don't really think colour has much to do with it. The base cars are all created at the same time then they go off to their booth for painting whatever is needed. Then whack on whatever wheel and interior is chosen and ship them off.
Considering they have been making MYPs for the UK (and others) market I don't really understand the hold off for Oz/NZ but it stands to reason that they have the parts and the ability so it can't be too far away.
I believe they will make the MYPs in a chunk and clear at least half of the orders and then take a break on making them until maybe March/April. It would literally take them around a week to make all the orders then switch back to RWD with no impact.

Reactions: Robbo_707
I don't really think colour has much to do with it. The base cars are all created at the same time then they go off to their booth for painting whatever is needed. Then whack on whatever wheel and interior is chosen and ship them off.
Considering they have been making MYPs for the UK (and others) market I don't really understand the hold off for Oz/NZ but it stands to reason that they have the parts and the ability so it can't be too far away.
I believe they will make the MYPs in a chunk and clear at least half of the orders and then take a break on making them until maybe March/April. It would literally take them around a week to make all the orders then switch back to RWD with no impact.
Probably only 2-3 days .. most of the information I have seen around indicates MYP was under 10% of orders

Reactions: singo79
Yeah I was combining NZ plus other RHD markets like maybe Thailand and Singapore. They can make like 22000 in a week or something like that so yup just turn it on for a week please and clear all markets then back to RWD
They don’t care about Australian orders, they will only care when the order book disappears or skyrockets. Preference will go where governments are discounting resulting is huge numbers per month.

Reactions: Jimba78 and singo79
Has anyone purchased 3rd party Model Y roof racks? I would happily pay for the official ones but they are not available at the moment and need them asap as my car will be a service/maintenance vehicle, where I will need to carry a 6foot stepladder(boot will be full of tools/spares). I purchased a set of roof racks on Ali express, but long story shot is they didn’t show up and I’m having to go through PayPal to try and get my money back. Any recommendations? TIA
Hey man, why not purchase a Model Y roof rack on TESERY.COM? TESERY focus on Tesla accessories and provides premuim Tesla roof rack for Model Y and Model 3. You can go to the product details page through this link to learn more: Tesla Model Y Roof Rack Aluminum Cargo Cross Bars (Set of 2) Tesla Model 3 & Model Y

Some pictures of the Model Y roof rack:
tesla roof rack 4.jpg

5CC358FB-843E-4FBD-9F46-1530F814112D.jpeg

73AE932B-B140-480D-A28A-1FBD4A24F7C4.jpeg

98EEFFFB-D6BF-429A-B55E-8FF51E9CE420.jpeg

Hey man, why not purchase a Model Y roof rack on TESERY.COM? TESERY focus on Tesla accessories and provides premuim Tesla roof rack for Model Y and Model 3. You can go to the product details page through this link to learn more: Tesla Model Y Roof Rack Aluminum Cargo Cross Bars (Set of 2) Tesla Model 3 & Model Y

Some pictures of the Model Y roof rack:
View attachment 891272
View attachment 891275
View attachment 891276
View attachment 891279

Could you do this via DM directly?

Reactions: bcarp and Erasmuz
Did Giga Shanghai start up production again today ? Also wonder if they got some ships to clear the thousands of cars at the port .. need Wu Wa back on his drone !
Was supposed to start today yeah but can’t really confirm yet. Two large ships that are Europe bound have come and gone as well as some smaller Chinese domestic ships. Imagine the ports sitting pretty empty now. Should get some wuwa footage Friday or Saturday

Reactions: AyRe and Robbo_707
As Feb approaches I'm getting excited for the Feb-Mar window. I'm just hoping for the status to change soon.
Same, like others I have thoughts of reverting to a standard model as we're looking fwd to the vehicle as a size upgrade from our sedan given our newborn, hopefully not a lot longer.

Would hate to change to a standard model now and get remorse if sooner models come with upgrades re: camera or any other tech, although that's inevitable.

Dropped into Chadstone Tesla store today. The guy said they are expecting the first delivery of MYP at the start of March, then local deliveries would take place. so we could be looking at week 2,3 & 4 of March to get our hands on them ( just scraping in on the Jan-Mar window)
He said some would already be made but they are waiting until they have enough to ship.

Dropped into Chadstone Tesla store today. The guy said they are expecting the first delivery of MYP at the start of March, then local deliveries would take place. so we could be looking at week 2,3 & 4 of March to get our hands on them ( just scraping in on the Jan-Mar window)
He said some would already be made but they are waiting until they have enough to ship.
This would mean hidden VINS should start popping up in about 3-4 weeks time?

I know there's a lot on this thread that had talked about waiting for a MYLR to come available in Aus so I thought I'd suss what they go for in other Asian countries. From what I can see the LR is only about $3-$5k cheaper than the P in the counties that offers both variants, and has a WLTP bette range of +15~km. Is that really worth waiting for?

P.s selfishly trying to improve the order rate of the P so my car will get delivered quicker