Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt they would just shut down a plant due to demand falling. To save a few thousand cars. If they had a serious demand problem, they would shut down shifts overnight and such like. Cut lines. Shutting a whole plant much cost a lot of money, people still need paid, not everyone is on zero hours contracts. I doubt also it is covid related. This was planned months ago.
The claim is the shutdown was brought forward (just one shift) to help take the pressure off staff a bit as they were shutting down anyway. So yes I agree with your comment too.

Wu wa has a new christmas video, reports Shanghai storage full again and lots of covid. Perhaps a restart January 1. Still no info about what might be going on inside the factory during that week though, and it was a planned shutdown so two/three birds with one stone (upgrade/reorg and covid/demand pause) still makes sense.

Reactions: krylonos
I doubt they would just shut down a plant due to demand falling. To save a few thousand cars. If they had a serious demand problem, they would shut down shifts overnight and such like. Cut lines. Shutting a whole plant much cost a lot of money, people still need paid, not everyone is on zero hours contracts. I doubt also it is covid related. This was planned months ago.
It’s got zero to do with demand, anyone that’s pedals that to you that really has NFI.

Tesla Daily - you tube reported that shanghai will start up again jan 3 to jan 19 then shut down for Chinese new year jan 20 to jan31 2023. So if true that puts the cat amongst the pidgeons. If no Model y P production early jan then the wait is on again/still. I'm hoping that, that early neither here nor there ~2 week time slot is perfect for getting all those RHD Y Performance orders cleaned up and out of the way. Can only hope.

Reactions: Bogan
Tesla Daily - you tube reported that shanghai will start up again jan 3 to jan 19 then shut down for Chinese new year jan 20 to jan31 2023. So if true that puts the cat amongst the pidgeons. If no Model y P production early jan then the wait is on again/still. I'm hoping that, that early neither here nor there ~2 week time slot is perfect for getting all those RHD Y Performance orders cleaned up and out of the way. Can only hope.
Hope so, I’m very close to pulling out of the MYP and going ICE for another 3 years !

I'm in until CNY then I'll seriously consider swapping to Y RWD.

And possibly the most frustrating part is the UK have loads of unsold/Inventory stock of MYP.. why didn’t they send them here .. crazy

Armacup has two ships scheduled 15Jan 2023 ie at the end of the short January production run and there is another 24 Jan stopping korea, japan, NZ. These would allow Feb early march landing in Aus, some news should be available around CNY maybe if the MYP are produced in January and if VINs are updated before they get here maybe again.

Armacup has two ships scheduled 15Jan 2023 ie at the end of the short January production run and there is another 24 Jan stopping korea, japan, NZ. These would allow Feb early march landing in Aus, some news should be available around CNY maybe if the MYP are produced in January and if VINs are updated before they get here maybe again.
Hopefully. I’ll wait til April ish but really need it sooner because of my long daily commute. Lucky I have been borrowing wife’s M3 but can’t do that for long.

I

Isn't there three? The Passama, Paglia and Don Juan?

I'm in Perth so it's also possible that mine will be on a Mol Ace carrier direct to Fremantle or Armacup then transcontinental. Just another service to watch and stalk :)

Some posts about the MYP starting to appear in UK Facebook group. They also get the MIC like we will. Good to hear the ride is decent

Attachments

• EA58FE8C-F84D-43B7-9A52-0A959DA51A8E.jpeg
    EA58FE8C-F84D-43B7-9A52-0A959DA51A8E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
Reactions: alliwantisaY
With MYPs yet to deliver, I'm wondering what will happen with MYRWD orders placed as early as August/September.

Since production line needs to be stopped for reconfiguring, I assume that whites will be the last to be produced (reasoning - once you start producing whites you wouldn't want to stop in between because of the large number of white orders. So produce the smaller ones first and close them off).

My thoughts:
  1. MYP non whites
  2. MYRWD non whites
  3. MYP whites
  4. MYRWD whites.
OR:
  1. MYP non whites
  2. MYP whites
  3. MYRWD non whites
  4. MYRWD whites
What do you think?

Reactions: Robbo_707
With MYPs yet to deliver, I'm wondering what will happen with MYRWD orders placed as early as August/September.

Since production line needs to be stopped for reconfiguring, I assume that whites will be the last to be produced (reasoning - once you start producing whites you wouldn't want to stop in between because of the large number of white orders. So produce the smaller ones first and close them off).

My thoughts:
  1. MYP non whites
  2. MYRWD non whites
  3. MYP whites
  4. MYRWD whites.
OR:
  1. MYP non whites
  2. MYP whites
  3. MYRWD non whites
  4. MYRWD whites
What do you think?
Found this explanation in a post elsewhere but I don’t think anyone really knows the “secrets” of Tesla allocation ( other than they would do what serves them best ! )

Reactions: mathewparet@gm

My thoughts:
  1. MYP non whites
  2. MYRWD non whites
  3. MYP whites
  4. MYRWD whites.
OR:
  1. MYP non whites
  2. MYP whites
  3. MYRWD non whites
  4. MYRWD whites
What do you think?
They have multiple paint booths. They can and do multiple colours at once.

but yes, variants are done in different build runs.