Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MYP when they 1st appeared. Would have preferred LR for range, but Oz isn't important enough for Tesla to bring LR into as it's such a drastically different model they couldn't support it here - go figure!?
Of all the countries in the world that need long distance capable cars we don't qualify in Tesla's thinking - go figure again !?!?!.

Sick of waiting, if a competitor comes out with an obtainable car I'll ditch Tesla.
Price reduction worldwide is a joke as far as Oz goes - it's still the same as when I ordered it. Somehow they can reduce it up to %17 in other markets.. .
Oz Govt. slugs me with "luxury car tax" for a car that looks like a stripped down Lada. An S or X is a luxury car, not a 3 or Y.
Feeling very battered by the whole experience.
If you’re “feeling battered by the whole experience” think about all those folks who didn’t have the patience to wait or purchased a product from an automaker with “100 years of experience”. The complete legacy auto charging experience of multiple apps and broken generic chargers batters them on a weekly basis.

Well, Paglia is on the move from Shanghai, the first chance of a 2023 built MYP car I believe. While we are talking sob stories, I put a deposit on an EV6 in Oct 2021, they went on the market officially about Feb 2022 I think, My car was built May 2022 it arrived July 2022 just after they increased the prices across the board. The local agent had already set me up for a jacked price in the background, wouldn't talk price even though there was an official price, but no contract, so I walked away. Had the sense to put a deposit down on MYP june 10 (day 1 midday). Delivery window pushed from Q3 2023 to Q1 2023. Tesla has honoured that price from June not like others. I am concerned that July 2023 might arrive and no car, and then Tas stamp duty waiver might vanish, but here I am now still ship spotting.

Reactions: alliwantisaY
Well, Paglia is on the move from Shanghai, the first chance of a 2023 built MYP car I believe. While we are talking sob stories, I put a deposit on an EV6 in Oct 2021, they went on the market officially about Feb 2022 I think, My car was built May 2022 it arrived July 2022 just after they increased the prices across the board. The local agent had already set me up for a jacked price in the background, wouldn't talk price even though there was an official price, but no contract, so I walked away. Had the sense to put a deposit down on MYP june 10 (day 1 midday). Delivery window pushed from Q3 2023 to Q1 2023. Tesla has honoured that price from June not like others. I am concerned that July 2023 might arrive and no car, and then Tas stamp duty waiver might vanish, but here I am now still ship spotting.
Did you get your VIN? If you haven't, doubt your car is on a ship that's leaving...?

Reactions: singo79
Did you get your VIN? If you haven't, doubt your car is on a ship that's leaving...?
By the way, it might be already common knowledge, but Tesla rep told me today they have no clue about VIN assignment as this has recently changed and it does not happen when the car is built but when it’s in transit. So getting it while the ship is leaving is very much a possibility.

Reactions: cafz
Yeah you won’t get a vin usually til it’s already left. Paglia has left as said and it will likely be carrying teslas, question is what. There’s possibly more ships down the pipeline but nothing certain yet. Excited to see what vins eventuate though
Oh i see - you could always join Vedaprime's service to see if he has clues on what kind of cars are on that ship.

By the way, it might be already common knowledge, but Tesla rep told me today they have no clue about VIN assignment as this has recently changed and it does not happen when the car is built but when it’s in transit. So getting it while the ship is leaving is very much a possibility.
This is not completely accurate information. Vin allocation can occur right at the factory or a bit later after build. There has been no vin allocation for anything built in 2023 to Australia.

Don't forget though that Day 1 (and 2) orders were massive in the thousands with people who had been waiting for orders to open. It only took a few days for the first delivery tranches to fill up so, yes, there are still people with June orders that haven't been fulfilled. Since June the order numbers have been good but nothing like that first week so the delivery tranches have filled more slowly. You either had to be in the first week or could order at any time - or live in WA. There were some people who ordered in Feb-May tranche in WA who got their cars last year because there was space on a direct to Fremantle ship and they filled it up.
How do you know what the order number actually are, tesla do not release those figures.

Yeah you won’t get a vin usually til it’s already left. Paglia has left as said and it will likely be carrying teslas, question is what. There’s possibly more ships down the pipeline but nothing certain yet. Excited to see what vins eventuate though
Based on what VedaPrime was saying above (no 2023 build vins given out), it seems Paglia mostly likely contain 2022 builds I'm guessing.

Based on what VedaPrime was saying above (no 2023 build vins given out), it seems Paglia mostly likely contain 2022 builds I'm guessing.
That’s not what he said. He said that VIN assignment can happen in the factory or after the cars are loaded to the trucks/ships. This doesn’t mean that no 2023 models have been produced for ANZ, but that if any, we won’t know for sure for a few days.

Reactions: Dannerz
That’s not what he said. He said that VIN assignment can happen in the factory or after the cars are loaded to the trucks/ships. This doesn’t mean that no 2023 models have been produced for ANZ, but that if any, we won’t know for sure for a few days.
I mean ye true, I was just thinking it would be strange an entire ship got filled with 2024 cars and not a single 2023 vin has been issued as far as we know.