Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo got my Model Y VIN today,,,, Estimated delivery 25/8 - 5/9. Order date 10/6 10:32am order time. MSM/White 20" induction wheels. Still nothing on the M3 I ordered 3 months before this one. No invoice yet so don't know the build date. Maybe it's among the first of the new batch comming after the shutdown?
Any info on the build date ?

Reactions: Blaq
With Y VIN's coming through start of July for Aug/Sept deliveries is it expected that we will see Performance VIN's around October for potential Nov deliveries being the earier of the Nov - Feb window they gave on order date?
That's the likelihood if things are similar to this quarter, although production might not start a few days before month end, think this was only due to the shutdown.

With Y VIN's coming through start of July for Aug/Sept deliveries is it expected that we will see Performance VIN's around October for potential Nov deliveries being the earier of the Nov - Feb window they gave on order date?
No one really knows.

The Y VINs coming through now won't be delivered until August, so they're not really ahead of the original EDD, but rather at the early end of the estimate (which is positive news on its own).

I agree it does give me some positivity seeing the RWD Y's coming through and matching up with their original EDD but track record of Tesla isnt great when it comes to this so I'm slightly sceptical but anxiously excited too.

Side note, who is thinking of tinting their glass roof, and if so to what percentage?

I agree it does give me some positivity seeing the RWD Y's coming through and matching up with their original EDD but track record of Tesla isnt great when it comes to this so I'm slightly sceptical but anxiously excited too.

Side note, who is thinking of tinting their glass roof, and if so to what percentage?
I'm not. I tinted the side windows and the rear window (rear window is a bitch of tint to do on the 3) on the 3 and I haven't feel the need to do the roof. With the Y I'd imagine that the additional head room would further minimise the heat soak sensation through the roof on to the top of your head.

I'm not. I tinted the side windows and the rear window (rear window is a bitch of tint to do on the 3) on the 3 and I haven't feel the need to do the roof. With the Y I'd imagine that the additional head room would further minimise the heat soak sensation through the roof on to the top of your head.
Hmm yeah good point. HOPEFULLY i get to experience the car in Summer (if it comes in time) so maybe ill see how the heat is first before going through with it. I would prefer not to and keep the clean clear look above to the sky

Hmm yeah good point. HOPEFULLY i get to experience the car in Summer (if it comes in time) so maybe ill see how the heat is first before going through with it. I would prefer not to and keep the clean clear look above to the sky
The Y roof looks great as it does without the centre bar in the middle of the 3's roof, the trade off being a much smaller rear window.

All that additional glass will make summer more of a challenge than the 3, I'll definitely be getting the darkest legal tint. The bonus will be that it'll obscure the view into the boot should the car be delivered without the cargo cover.

The Y roof looks great as it does without the centre bar in the middle of the 3's roof, the trade off being a much smaller rear window.

All that additional glass will make summer more of a challenge than the 3, I'll definitely be getting the darkest legal tint. The bonus will be that it'll obscure the view into the boot should the car be delivered without the cargo cover.
Yeah I thought the exact same thing regarding the cargo cover, it is 100% something that I am going to add aftermarket if it doesnt come delivered with one (which I dont think it will as the showroom models dont have it).

Just recieved my Invoice which has the Build Date - 16/7 so it looks like it came off the line after the shutdown fortnight. I wonder if it changes anything about the vehicle build itself or just production line processes.

So order date 10/6 10:32am, Build Date 16/7, VIN date 17/7, Invoice Date 18/7. I can't complain about how quick the Model Y builds are coming out compared to the model 3 waitlist.