Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry my hyperlinked text didn’t work for some weird reason - trying again.
Ceramic spray coating Turtle Wax
Thinking of using this from delivery and reapplying it as needed. Thinking of using the Rain X waterless wash for most cleans too. Anyone with experience using either or these?
Don't use RainX on the glass. It drives me mad with the scratching and squicking sound. I have to use alcohol to rub it off

I have just received my Final Invoice and VIcRoads registration documentation from Tesla this morning. From others experience how long (approximately) should I now expect until the car is available for pickup? Days? Weeks? (Estimated Delivery still showing June 26 - July 17) It is a Model Y RWD/Black. I need to get a Certificate Of Currency for the lease company to finalise the financing and I don't want to start/pay for a policy starting 'now' if it's still going to be weeks until delivery.

I only tried the normal RainX for glass. I'm happy with Turtle Ceramic wax. My brother tried Gyeon product and it seems a better result. the new MY, I was planing to use Graphene but it seems someone in here against it
I just ordered the Turtle Ceramic spray wax from Amazon last night. Hoping it goes well. I don’t mind the normal Rain X glass treatment. Takes a little bit of effort to put on but I find the results worthwhile. Never encountered the scratching sound with it. Not with new wipers anyway.

I only tried the normal RainX for glass. I'm happy with Turtle Ceramic wax. My brother tried Gyeon product and it seems a better result. the new MY, I was planing to use Graphene but it seems someone in here against it
Graphene is a really interesting material with a lot of cool properties that make it useful in a bunch of industries. It is just basically irrelevant in a liquid to protect paint. It is being used as a marketing buzzword because it sounds high-tech and futuristic. They might as well say "Bob's Ceramic Coating! Now with added Vitamin B12 for a shinier coat!"

I am not a materials scientist, not have I done any intensive study on these coatings, but I did study some chemistry at university. I think it is reasonable to expect a spray-on ceramic coating to work as well as any other, regardless of whether it has a little bit of ground-up graphene floating in it. I wouldn't avoid a product because it contained graphene, but I wouldn't choose it or pay more for it because of the graphene. I hope that makes sense.

I have just received my Final Invoice and VIcRoads registration documentation from Tesla this morning. From others experience how long (approximately) should I now expect until the car is available for pickup? Days? Weeks? (Estimated Delivery still showing June 26 - July 17) It is a Model Y RWD/Black. I need to get a Certificate Of Currency for the lease company to finalise the financing and I don't want to start/pay for a policy starting 'now' if it's still going to be weeks until delivery.
the timing varied between states. I would say wait until delivery date is set

Still a few weeks off I reckon. I got all that stuff around the 16th of May and here I still am…

In my case, I did the registration paperwork and made payment with delivery supposedly imminent, then the date range shifted right back. In the end, it would have been about 6-7 weeks from receiving the final invoice and registration document until delivery at the delivery centre (although it is longer for me due to being transported to me instead of the delivery centre).

You need to be able to complete all of your finance arrangements 2 days before taking delivery (or it being sent from the delivery centre). There is little value, and considerable cost, getting it done weeks in advance.

Same this side @theseeker, I checked with SA this morning and they replied saying it is still not here and EDD was moved forward to 26Jun-11 Jul . But to my luck at 5 PM I got a message saying schedule your delivery and the EDD was moved backwards from 20Jun-11Jul and only dates available were 21 st and 22nd ; I have books for 21st can’t wait …. Exciting journey …. Good luck everyone …..
Congrats @StrangerGuy! Mine's also booked in for 21st pickup in Mulgrave! Fun times...!

Was speaking to a mate today with a new Dec 22 Model y.

He tells me he no longer uses auto pilot due to twice having phantom breaking. He said it was he thinks some shadows, it was late afternoon.

But one was a total stop from 100kmph on a motorway and he was really upset and Tesla really did nothing....he is really fearful of ever using auto pilot again.

This was I must admit really discouraging to hear.....anyone else hear such stories, I had heard about it years ago, I just assumed it was solved.

I have auto pilot in current ICE car and it has never failed, it is actually amazing. So I was really looking forward to AP on the tesla.

Last edited:
Was speaking to a mate today with a new Dec 22 Model y.

He tells me he no longer uses auto pilot due to twice having phantom breaking. He said it was he thinks some shadows, it was late afternoon.

But one was a total stop from 100kmph on a motorway and he was really upset and Tesla really did nothing....he is really fearful of ever using auto pilot again.

This was I must admit really discouraging to hear.....anyone else hear such stories, I had heard about it years ago, I just assumed it was solved.

I have auto pilot in current ICE car and it has never failed, it is actually amazing. So I was really looking forward to AP on the tesla.
Phantom braking is commonly reported, but people seem to have varied experiences of it. It is certainly a cause for some concern. When your friend says they came to a total stop from 100kph, does that mean they couldn't override the braking by applying pressure to the accelerator? I have read some users describing it as phantom slowing because they are able to override it almost immediately (which would still be disconcerting), but I've not heard of it forcing a full stop. That sounds less like autopilot and more like the autonomous emergency braking system misreading a threat of collision.

I experienced the Kona's autonomous braking when I was reversing and it misread a threat. It was certainly very abrupt, slamming the brakes on in an instant. I assume a lot of modern cars are using similar systems and they are never perfect.