Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Do you know if it's possible to get your VIN added to the RAV prior to the car arriving into Aus? I've been tracking my VIN on the MolAce tracker, which has an EDD of 15th Jul (ordered 10 May, though annoying the car apparently left China on 12 May and sat in Singapore for a month waiting for the next ship).

So, while the MolAce website has my VIN and says the car is on the Sunrise Ace (left Singapore last weekend and due into Port Kembla 15 Jul), I just checked the RAV website and it says the car was registered by Tesla on 19 June!?

I have an ETA on the Tesla App of 15 Jul-05 Aug but haven't received the SMS or anything saying the car has arrived in country yet...

Any ideas whether the car has actually arrived in Aus and maybe the MolAce info is wrong?? seems all over the place..

Did anyone else get a RAV date of 19 June? If so, what ship was you car on and what is your EDD?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Do you know if it's possible to get your VIN added to the RAV prior to the car arriving into Aus? I've been tracking my VIN on the MolAce tracker, which has an EDD of 15th Jul (ordered 10 May, though annoying the car apparently left China on 12 May and sat in Singapore for a month waiting for the next ship).

So, while the MolAce website has my VIN and says the car is on the Sunrise Ace (left Singapore last weekend and due into Port Kembla 15 Jul), I just checked the RAV website and it says the car was registered by Tesla on 19 June!?

I have an ETA on the Tesla App of 15 Jul-05 Aug but haven't received the SMS or anything saying the car has arrived in country yet...

Any ideas whether the car has actually arrived in Aus and maybe the MolAce info is wrong?? seems all over the place..

Did anyone else get a RAV date of 19 June? If so, what ship was you car on and what is your EDD?

Thanks!
Mine is strange as well, I ordered on 27/05 and received an SMS on 30/06 to schedule a delivery date (scheduled 13/07) despite no VIN at all anywhere. Today, the VIN suddenly appeared in my app, and I checked the RAV; the entry date is 18/05/2023. I guess someone cancelled the order, and I got it assigned.

I ordered in RWD MY in late Jan.. my VIN got all allocated yesterday and it updated with a delivery range of 8-29 July In Brisbane... so I hope mine is on the Don Juan that is due tomorrow….🤞🚢🚘🛣️
Update. I had a call with Sales today.. unlikely on todays ship and will ikely be in the late part of this month 🥲
Does any one have a list of upcoming ship arrivals in Brisbane for July… I believe my build was around mid June in Shanghai. Thanks in advance.

It is assumed so based on the type of vessel and departure location. How many roll on in Shanghai and roll off in Brisbane is another question.

You can see from the schedule that there are multiple stops in Australian ports for all three of these vessels.

Well, I've done a bit of digging into the Melbourne Port situation. We currently have 3 Vehicle Carriers Docked:

1688599741974.png

looking at the Arrivals List, there are no additional Vehicle Carriers coming in. This means that after the above three unload and depart, the three vehicle carriers sitting in the Bay Anchorage will dock and unload.

1688599917067.png

Hopefully, this means that Turandot can dock and unload at the earliest 07/07, or latest, 10/07. Either way, all vehicles from Turandot should be on Australian soil by the end of next week.

Typical 3 Week Turnaround for unloading to delivery (from previous posts on this thread) means we should get our cars by 4th of August (the new EDD)

We are almost there!!

Hopefully those dates work out. There are also two additional carriers waiting outside the bay (Glovis Caravel and Bravery Ace) as well as at least three more en route (Sierra Nevada Hwy, RCC Europe, Dream Beauty). Hopefully Turandot can get the next slot on the west side of Webb Dock ahead of those vessels

Hopefully those dates work out. There are also two additional carriers waiting outside the bay (Glovis Caravel and Bravery Ace) as well as at least three more en route (Sierra Nevada Hwy, RCC Europe, Dream Beauty). Hopefully Turandot can get the next slot on the west side of Webb Dock ahead of those vessels
Yup, saw them too. But they are not on the Port Melbourne Schedule.

The Turandot is scheduled to Depart Webb Dock 2 West on 09/07. But Genius Highway just docked this morning and scheduled to depart on the 10th.

Departures:
1688604637845.png

In Port:
1688604626520.png

1688604675622.png

Haven't been on the forum for awhile and it took a long time for me to catch up on the 30+ pages since receiving the car about a week ago.

Here was my experience, apologies for the long post:

Delivery Day was super smooth. Rocked up to the warehouse in Pinkenba and it was chockers full, spilling to the front. Guy at reception told me to open the app, guided me through various button presses and then told me the bay number that my car was in. Another gentleman greeted me and walked me over to the bay, helped me connect my phone to the vehicle, then told me to take as much time as I needed and gave me space to play around with the features and inspect the car.

I used this Inspection Checklist: https://blog.tesbros.com/tesla-delivery-checklist/ I hope that helps some people.
Thank god there was no cringey red ribbon and forced smile veiled car cover photo.
All panel gaps were consistently spaced, nothing out of the ordinary, white paint was immaculate even checked the tyres to see if there were any nails in it (you never know). The only thing I found was the boot slammed down fast and made a loud clunking noise. I called someone over to have a listen, the guy even opened a few other cars up and compared. He heard what I heard and got someone over to check. Guy with a toolbox came over and adjusted the number plate frame which rattled when the boot closed. Problem solved. I would've been out in 15 minutes if it wasn't for the boot issue.

After a week of driving, I just want to tell you guys how much fun the car is to drive. I have mastered one-pedal driving so passengers aren't thrown forward (or throwing up) when I lift my foot off the accelerator.
No strange rattling and the sound system is pretty damn good. I upgraded from a 2020 Audi Q5 so everything feels so modern. The UI in the MY is superquick and responsive.

The bad: The Tesla app has disconnected once on me but don't know if that's to do with my phone or the car itself.
I've also had an issue where the screen doesn't turn on in the car and I've had to restart the thing which only takes 20 seconds or so and it hasn't happened since. FYI to restart, just press both scroll wheels down for a few seconds until you see the Tesla logo on the screen.

Charging: I tried fast charging once but I'm predominately using the UMC which came in the mail in less than 2 days. No range anxiety whatsoever.

Efficiency: My trip cards are showing 120-145Wh/km so I should get close to 400km of range if I can keep up that type of driving. Haven't tried chill mode yet either.

I would recommend getting these accessories:
  • Sunshade for the glass roof, especially in QLD
  • All-weather mats from AliExpress
  • Compartment organiser
  • Keep some wipes in the glovebox if you have white seats like I do.
TLDR; Overall, it has been a great experience for me and for most of the waiters in here, it should be that way for you too.
Now it's time to say goodbye to the waiting room and graduate to the other threads.
Thank you to everyone in here who kept me company since January, it really made the waiting so much more bearable. I am sorry to hear about your experience @JonDarian
To all the new forum users, godspeed with the delivery of your new car... it will be here before you know it!

P.S. I am thankful I don't have to track all the ships anymore. I would highly recommend Vedaprime's paid service, it takes the guess work out of it and he(?) answered all my questions very quickly and accurately. The price you're paying for these cars, the $22 per month is just a drop in the ocean, I signed up when I got my VIN assigned.