Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok...so an interesting development...
After my change from Quicksilver to Blue this morning, I was messing around with the app and found that I had a VIN allocated to me via the wall charger section of the app. And surprise surprise, it was for the Quicksilver.
So I rang Tesla to find out what is happening...
Basically, I had been allocated a VIN for the Quicksilver but it has been hidden from the app/website. So my colour change this morning hasn't actually gone through, because you can't make a change to your order once a VIN has been allocated.
The Tesla guy said it has all happened over the weekend so we won't see VINs or invoices until next week.
Next step - find the ship with my VIN...any tips on shipping companies to search?

Nah not always these days.
Bugger.

They didn't for mine. Then they did for a while.

@TheRug80 There are places where you can pay $$ and they apparently will find out for you. But that won't get your car to your any earlier. Remember also that it may be inventory stock which may or may not be in Aus.

But think save your hard earned
Lurk here and you might find someone with the same delivery dates in the same city

I think the best is to check the RAVS site with your VIN. If it comes up then the ship it is on generally is on the way to port or already has berthed at an Australian port. If it does not come up keep waiting

Reactions: elddum
Bugger.

They didn't for mine. Then they did for a while.

@TheRug80 There are places where you can pay $$ and they apparently will find out for you. But that won't get your car to your any earlier. Remember also that it may be inventory stock which may or may not be in Aus.

But think save your hard earned
Lurk here and you might find someone with the same delivery dates in the same city

I think the best is to check the RAVS site with your VIN. If it comes up then the ship it is on generally is on the way to port or already has berthed at an Australian port. If it does not come up keep waiting
The VIN appears on that search....
Interestingly - RAV date of entry: 7/5/24
Build date: 3/24

Precisely...it seems a little coincidental that I now have a VIN (after rigorously checking source code etc for months) only after I change my order...
I’m not that suspicious with the timing - I suspect something happened when the EDDs reappeared.

The cars on Dugong have 4/4 build dates for example.

The Fremantle schedule gives me nothing that even looks remotely likely - except Walrus Ace, but it would seem really late in the period to just be getting allocations now - it’s due in port in Melbourne in 22 hours.

If so then great, we’ll have it within a month, but I’m just Suss that your VIN isn’t a real one, just with the dates.

Reactions: TheRug80
RAV date of entry: 7/5/24
It means the ship carrying the car generally was in Australian waters/on way there or already berthed at its first Australian port.

Hmmm. I’m suspicious, where’s this car been for two months?
Entirely reasonable for build date to RAVS entry to be 2 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRug80
destination

Maybe try this one. Again destination is not a VIN characteristic.
IMG_3456.jpeg