Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I placed my MYRWD order on 26 June and have been refreshing my Tesla app and this forum hourly since then!

EDD was given as June-August. I’m in Sydney.

No updates and no VIN allocated. I’ve checked for a hidden VIN on the order page.

I’m assuming if my car was on the Morning Cherry bound for Port Kembla, I would have heard something by now.

Looking at the shipping schedules (Asia to Oceania | Armacup), there’s nothing arriving until late August.

Based on everyone’s past experience, is it safe to assume I won’t be getting my car until at least early September? I’m overseas for 2 weeks at the end of August, and it would break my heart if my wife got to pick it up while I was away!

Thanks

Joining you lovely people in the waiting room :)
Just put my order in for MY Long Range, went for Multicoat Pearl White & White interior.

Looks like I don’t have a choice in delivery and it’ll be delivered to my house, anyone know how it works if there are issues on delivery that need to be addressed? I feel the truck driver won’t have any interest in hanging around while I go over a checklist 😅

Reactions: nivas
Looks like I don’t have a choice in delivery and it’ll be delivered to my house
Once you have a VIN and the car is on its way you can contact Tesla and ask if you can pick it up from one of the Sydney delivery centres instead.
It will allow you to get your car a few weeks earlier, and you can take your time going over the car while it's still clean.

anyone know how it works if there are issues on delivery that need to be addressed?

You do get some time to report any issues, but after reading @JonDarian 's horror story with his home delivery, I think picking up from a delivery centre is the safest bet.

@pattitay28 it would be interesting to see if you can update your UMC (to enable charging at 10A instead of 8A) using the factory (non-updated) firmware on your car. The newer firmware currently prevents updating the UMC. Are you able to try that?

You would need the car to be charged above 50%, then lower the maximum charge level to below the current charge level. Turn off sentry mode and close all the doors. Plug in the UMC and let the car go to sleep. If you come back in 10 minutes and the car can now accept 10 amps from the UMC, you have successfully updated the UMC firmware.
I just got updated to the latest firmware (it auto-updated when we took the car home the first day), I cant do this anymore?

Once you have a VIN and the car is on its way you can contact Tesla and ask if you can pick it up from one of the Sydney delivery centres instead.
It will allow you to get your car a few weeks earlier, and you can take your time going over the car while it's still clean.

You do get some time to report any issues, but after reading @JonDarian 's horror story with his home delivery, I think picking up from a delivery centre is the safest bet.
Ah good to know that’s an option, don’t mind taking the 4 hour trip to Sydney for the piece of mind it’ll be in deliverable condition and can raise any issues (fingers crossed there are none) then and there :)

I hope anyone that ordered the new cars read the news regarding ships that have EVs onboard will need a new safety measures to anticipate EV catch fires. I think those ships will need to follow the new maritime rules and safety that could affect all EVs delivery across the globe. The news didn't mention when the new rules will take effect but I hope it's a genuine news not the scare campaign by Oil related producers.

the news regarding ships that have EVs onboard
You mean the ship where less than 1% were EVs? (25 out of 2857)

And somebody asked the coastguard spokesperson a bunch of leading questions
"are there any EVs on board?"
"yes there were 25 EVs on board"
"could they have been the cause of the fire?"
"that is a possibility, but further investigation is needed to determine the cause"

And somehow that turned into a thousand headlines saying "coastguard suspects EV were the cause"

And as for the "EVs are difficult to put out" - there's a lot more than 25 EVs on fire here, I think volatile liquid fuels are also troublesome.

1690507574196.png

Reactions: Blue heaven
Ah good to know that’s an option, don’t mind taking the 4 hour trip to Sydney for the piece of mind it’ll be in deliverable condition and can raise any issues (fingers crossed there are none) then and there :)
If you have the time and transport available to pick up in Sydney it would be worth it for the reasons you mention. On top of that you’ll be able to stretch the cars legs back to Port M with one short stop on the Supercharger network.

Hello everyone,

I have a model 3 LR 2022, charging stops before the car reaches at it's charging limit. It happens every time I connect to the public fast chargers (I have tried different public chargers and it happens to all chargers). It can stop any time and have to plug back in to resume charging. Does anybody know what could be the issue and if it can be a quick fix or have to take the car to the service centre?

Many thanks 😊

W
Hello everyone,

I have a model 3 LR 2022, charging stops before the car reaches at it's charging limit. It happens every time I connect to the public fast chargers (I have tried different public chargers and it happens to all chargers). It can stop any time and have to plug back in to resume charging. Does anybody know what could be the issue and if it can be a quick fix or have to take the car to the service centre?

Many thanks 😊
Which brand of EV charger and what charge limit do you have it set at?

Hello everyone,

Many thanks 😊
Hi,
Please note this is the Australian Model Y waiting room, so most people here have not received their car yet. For your Model 3, you might consider restarting the user interface by holding down both steering wheel buttons for a few seconds. You can also check your charging settings in the app and on the touchscreen to see that you have the charge limit and charge rate set to something sensible. Also look for errors being reported on your touch screen. Failing that, if it is happening randomly at multiple DC chargers, I think contacting Service through the app is appropriate.

Similar timeline for me, ordered July 3rd and got final invoice last Monday. MY LR as well.
Interesting...

At my end, order for RWD, White with Black interior, 19" Gemini made on 11 July and I have no VIN... at least, I think I don't - I'm using a Chrome extension called "Tesla VIN Finder" - obviously I don't know if it works or not. However, to double-check, I have done a "View source" and searched "5YJ" being Tesla's manufacturer code, and nothing found.

I wonder if Shanghai do runs of LR for a few days, then swap to Performance, then back to RWD?

Last edited: