Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and you've confirmed what I was concerned about - removing the trade-in and re-adding it later may throw a spanner in the works.
Hi Midnight Man
Were you able to reject the trade in, and are you able to add another trade in? I’m contemplating rejecting my trade in and replacing it with another car but don’t want to delay anything (although I am “July to September”). Thank you.

Hi Midnight Man
Were you able to reject the trade in, and are you able to add another trade in? I’m contemplating rejecting my trade in and replacing it with another car but don’t want to delay anything (although I am “July to September”). Thank you.
For the very reason that I don't want to bugger anything up, I'm letting "The Process" go through as is.

I have a good feeling that valuation will now be done in the next few days. When you think about it logically, there would be little point in them doing it before now.

I take it because the EDD is now listed, there will be someone actively working on that trade-in valuation?

Yes ideally they will start on it now. But it might be worth following up with them.
You should get an SMS from Tesla in the next few days confirming a car is assigned, you can reply to that - or call 1800 686 705 and follow the prompts

I have a good feeling that valuation will now be done in the next few days. When you think about it logically, there would be little point in them doing it before now.

Last year Tesla had lots of egg on their respective faces as they had given people trade-in valuations when they first placed their order, and then had to re-do (lower) the valuation 6-12 months later when the new cars finally started arriving in Australia.

Fortunately wait times are reducing again, but it does make a lot of sense that Tesla still waits until they know a car is on its way.

Reactions: Midnight Man
Log in via the webpage and hit manage vehicle. Where your Order Agreement is, there should now be one additional document- Application for Vehicle Registration which would contain your VIN.
Awesome! I got a vin in the rego form.

Am I suppose to fill the rest of the form out ? As there are yellow highlighted blank sections or my signature part missing etc

This morning the chrome extension announced I have a VIN then I received a message from Tesla saying I have a model y assigned to my order and they will be in touch about booking delivery. Must be on a ship first stop Port Kembla.
Now the extension has declared there is no longer a VIN assigned but I received an email from Tesla saying an Invoice will be issued soon. Who knows what’s going on.