Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY LR

Ordered 16 September 2023
EDD - September - November

1695342515653.png

A tad frustrating - I have a order date of 4/7/23, earlier than some here but yet I have not received the scheduling text. I'm guessing I'm behind due to having a novated lease arrangement?

VIN assignd and all and was notified the car is in Australia (VIC)

MY RWD - Red

A tad frustrating - I have a order date of 4/7/23, earlier than some here but yet I have not received the scheduling text. I'm guessing I'm behind due to having a novated lease arrangement?

MY RWD - Red
I also going with a novated leasing. Got the text yesterday and they just did the payment to Tesla today. Picking up on 27th. Tesla not coordinating with your leasing company. Didn’t Tesla check with you on your leasing arrangement? They gave me a call day after the ship has arrived and asked me if I’m already approved and ready to go. May be give them a call and check. They told me they would need to finish before the 30th.

Thought I'd repost with updates so it's easy to see my timeline:

Spec: MY RWD, Black, Black interior, 19” Gemini wheels
Ordered: 3-Aug-2023
Vin allocated / final invoice: 17 August
Build Date: 15 July
RAV date of entry: 14 August
EDD1: 8-29 September
EDD2: 30 September - 21 October (updated on 5 September)
EDD3: 28 September - 19 October (updated on 7 September)
Arrived in Australia text: 18 September
EDD4: 30 September - 18 October (updated on 21 September)
Delivery: 28 September (Phone call from Tesla on 21 September to book)

Total: 8 weeks from order to delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: nivas and skam
They won't do it. Each state has its allocation. And that's all there is too it. I asked the same question as Vic. Gold Coast. Tas. Even act had the EXACT car I wanted but nup. Each state gets its allocation and I was strictly told you need proof of address to buy there car.

So if you got a registered parking address in a other state they will sell it to you. Then you need to get it reregistered etc.
Just wait it will come. Seems like it is taking forever. I ordered 30 Jun. I got 28th September pick up date. 4 months...
Damn. I wondered about that. Thanks for the info though.

Ordered 6th August and still no VIN.

Spoke with Tesla this week - the guy had no idea what's going on but still mentioned to say they try to get it in delivery window, but don't see how that's possible as there is 7 days left and VIN isn't assigned.

Spec: MY Performance, Midnight Silver, White interior, 21" Uberturbine Wheels
Ordered: 6-Aug-2023
Vin allocated: No
EDD: July - Sep

We

Spoke with Tesla this week - the guy had no idea what's going on but still mentioned to say they try to get it in delivery window, but don't see how that's possible as there is 7 days left and VIN isn't assigned.

We ordered on the same date but i am about to pick up mine 30/09

I

MY RWD - Red
I am also on novated lease and they have not paid yet, hopefully on monday will be done.

I was told by Tesla that funds will need to be cleared by Thursday bcos Friday is a public holiday (Grand Final)
And i have pick my car on Saturday 30/09

I have a ditto order placed on 29th-June and still no VIN. My original EDD of Jul-Aug was changed to TBD recently. Which state are you in?