Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might get some bad rep but still feel Tesla should have assigned VIN when it arrives on shore instead of on the way.
Situation like this, they should be re-assigning orders to those that order earlier in the queue.

Now you are going to end up with people ordering in August/September getting their vehicle in Dec or Jan if they are lucky while those ordering in October getting it next week or 2 haha.

Sad.
same situation - I'm considering cancelling my Y order and re-ordering a little later. Yes I'll be down the $400 order fee but will probably a) get the car sooner and b) maybe get the HW4 variant. My EDD hasn't changed yet (Nov16- 7 Dec) so really hard to say how long the delay is expected to be

I agree. Whilst it does suck we don't get our new

I agree. Whilst it does suck we don't get our new toys soon (and unfortunately looking like it won't arrive before Christmas) I am glad that Australia has strict biosecurity laws that prevent an infestation from occuring here.
It also allows me to enjoy my current reliable workhorse a little longer and save for some extra accessories.
Quite frankly I’m annoyed, not because of our biosecurity laws but at the shipping company that should be fumigating properly before they leave for Australia. This isn’t the first time that this ship has been ejected from a country because of stinkbugs.

It doesn’t only inconvenience us, it inconveniences everyone else that is trying to unload cargo at the port.

Reactions: MrMister
Quite frankly I’m annoyed, not because of our biosecurity laws but at the shipping company that should be fumigating properly before they leave for Australia. This isn’t the first time that this ship has been ejected from a country because of stinkbugs.

It doesn’t only inconvenience us, it inconveniences everyone else that is trying to unload cargo at the port.
Yep likewise. It's not just this ship - looks like cars out of China are by far the greatest biosecurity risk with 7.6% of all cars having an issue. I had sworn not to buy a Chinese made car, but stupidly did it anyway: Record Chinese car sales behind surge in biosecurity risks, delays at Australian ports

shipping company that should be fumigating properly before they leave for Australia. This isn’t the first time that this ship has been ejected from a country because of stinkbugs.
100%. This is definitely on the shipping company or whoever is doing the fumigation. I hope Tesla or other companies with goods on this ship can claim cost on this. They should know about the tight Australian biomeasures by now.
Ordered on the 6th August with an original EDD of Jul-Sep. Car is on the Glovis as well.
I placed my order on the 12th August with the same EDD. My issue now is I have trading in a car and agreed on an odometer. That has now increased by an additional 1000KM due to all the delays. Quite sure that will impact my trade in value come delivery day.

Obviously there is some frustrations in the delay, I'm not all sunshine and happiness either. I'm trying to sell my current car and with the delay means I'll probably also increase the odometer. There's also the question of my financing.

same situation - I'm considering cancelling my Y order and re-ordering a little later. Yes I'll be down the $400 order fee but will probably a) get the car sooner and b) maybe get the HW4 variant. My EDD hasn't changed yet (Nov16- 7 Dec) so really hard to say how long the delay is expected to be
I considered the cancellation too. HW4 and the possible soft refresh is just around the corner. It will be absolutely unamusing if this model becomes available whilst our cars are still sitting out at sea. I'd say, sit on the order for now and if the refresh becomes available before our cars arrive then consider the swap. Otherwise don't cancel yet as this could still turn around quickly... Maybe. 😅

Obviously there is some frustrations in the delay, I'm not all sunshine and happiness either. I'm trying to sell my current car and with the delay means I'll probably also increase the odometer. There's also the question of my financing.

I considered the cancellation too. HW4 and the possible soft refresh is just around the corner. It will be absolutely unamusing if this model becomes available whilst our cars are still sitting out at sea. I'd say, sit on the order for now and if the refresh becomes available before our cars arrive then consider the swap. Otherwise don't cancel yet as this could still turn around quickly... Maybe. 😅
Yup, same here. Just waiting to see how long this delay will take. If it pushes out to 2024, I will cancel and wait for the refresh.
Depending on the delay, I might even push Tesla to change my order without the cancel fee, but holding my breath on that.

I do think Tesla can be a better job of managing their communication. Maybe don’t send out emails stating that the car has arrived in Australia when it hasn’t even been cleared by biosecurity.

Not knowing the process myself, I went ahead and gave SG Fleet the go ahead to pay for the car.

A month’s delay sure but if it’s more than that, I’m going to lose my *sugar*.

I do think Tesla can be a better job of managing their communication. Maybe don’t send out emails stating that the car has arrived in Australia when it hasn’t even been cleared by biosecurity.

Not knowing the process myself, I went ahead and gave SG Fleet the go ahead to pay for the car.

A month’s delay sure but if it’s more than that, I’m going to lose my *sugar*.
Out of curiosity and slightly OT, does the NL payments start when they pay for it, or does it start on delivery? I thought it would be on delivery?

The schedule for Morning Cello has been advanced by 2 days!

1698987864937.png

Oh, it implies that someone else has cancelled their order, and luckily you have been assigned to a car on the Glovis that has just been cancelled!
If its on the Morning Cello, you would have hit the jackpot. But since its on the Glovis, hard to determine now whether that's a good thing haha. You'll be spewing mad if the delay is going to push through to Q1 2024 to clean every car off the lot and every other shipment (ie Morning Cello) skips past you.

But I am a glass half empty kind of guy haha.