Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I challenge you to find any other car manufacturer that gives you as much info as Tesla does. Order a Ford, Volvo, BMW, whatever… and you wait, wait, wait until they tell you it’s here. At least Tesla gave you some info.
I’ve got a colleague who ordered a BMW last year (2022), and is still waiting, despite being told it would arrive in May, then July… now it’s Feb next year.

Like I’ve said before… the more you know because Tesla shared the vessel it is on, the more frustrated you get as you know more about the delays of global shipping.

Chill, it will arrive.
Respectfully disagree.

If Im getting an AUDI, I won't choose one, that is still on the way here to Australia. And i don't think the dealer would recommend that, unless I really want to customize it. I know some may say dealer takes a cut, but at least they have the motivation to make efforts to seal the deal for me. They will try to get me another car from their inventory, if anything really happens to my original delivery. I can still make reasonable demands before paying. The point is I will have optoions, other than losing your deposit and waiting for god knows how long.

I think ppl here have their orders on GC are more frustrating rather than exciting.

Pardon my English.

Don Juan is due at Drift Point Cartwright 11:36 today (presumably to pick up a pilot), on the way to Port Kembla...

1700271608950.png

This is a good sign. Usually for the past few updates it's been pushed back 4 days to 04:00 every time as a place holder. This is different and might signify an actual scheduled arrival.
I talked with ISS and they said this fumigation taking place would only take 24-48 hours since it passed inspection, the NSW Agriculture has a *must fumigate* policy even after stink bugs have been cleared. This fumigation should end today night and should unload at Brisbane. It will make its way to Port Kembla on Wednesday.

I talked with ISS and they said this fumigation taking place would only take 24-48 hours since it passed inspection, the NSW Agriculture has a *must fumigate* policy even after stink bugs have been cleared. This fumigation should end today night and should unload at Brisbane. It will make its way to Port Kembla on Wednesday.
Thanks for that. Sorry what is ISS? And are you saying that GC Stinkship is now cleared of stink bugs? So just need the 48hr period. I thought it needed another 2 weeks.

Thanks for that. Sorry what is ISS? And are you saying that GC Stinkship is now cleared of stink bugs? So just need the 48hr period. I thought it needed another 2 weeks.
ISS is the shipping company Tesla chose (Inchcape Shipping Services Queensland). The GC is cleared of stink bugs, the previous 2 weeks needed was proven false, communication isn't great but we now know the GC isn't forgotten!

Right excellent, You are all over this, thank you. Let’s hope Stinkship gets a port spot soon.
Just doing some research and found out why it couldn't just unload at Fishermans Terminal. Ships in port are almost TRIPLE the expected ships, we aren't getting a spot instantly, it will take a few days. We are getting signals of communication from satellites.

1700278028032.png

Just doing some research and found out why it couldn't just unload at Fishermans Terminal. Ships in port are almost TRIPLE the expected ships, we aren't getting a spot instantly, it will take a few days. We are getting signals of communication from satellites.

View attachment 991681
Expected I guess when missed your spot I the queue gonna have to wait, at least the first stinky hurdle has been cleared. Job waiting for you as Tesla Sales Advisor? :) you are doing a better job at getting some real info!

God I hope this is true. This experience is really testing my patience and I'm a primary school teacher 😆

Reactions: Kevin Li