Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty dissapointing the Don Juan is coming to NSW before the GC even though it was shipped a few weeks after the GC. it'll only be a matter of weeks till we get our cars, hopefully they wont find anymore stinkies when unloading the rest at brissy.

One thing I am worried about is the state of the cars, I dont want my MY to smell like chemicals or be unclean, I will probably not accept delivery in that case.

Reactions: MrMister
hahaha, that would be the dream, getting a 13k upgrade for waiting 2 weeks more. But I dont think they can move the allocated orders first, they wouldn't have access to the ones which are unallocated and its just impossible to do. I'm really hoping Tesla does give us something, a Mobile Connector would be so helpful.
How about Tesla abolishes the delivery fee from our invoices...Or maybe a box of Durian for Christmas.

• Funny
Reactions: Kevin Li
L
Pretty dissapointing the Don Juan is coming to NSW before the GC even though it was shipped a few weeks after the GC. it'll only be a matter of weeks till we get our cars, hopefully they wont find anymore stinkies when unloading the rest at brissy.

One thing I am worried about is the state of the cars, I dont want my MY to smell like chemicals or be unclean, I will probably not accept delivery in that case.
Yeah agree, that’s what the most frustrating thing about this. Friends of mine ordered theirs after me, after me “selling” the Tesla to them. They’re picking their MY up next week 🤦🏻‍♂️ while I’m here still waiting for another month.

Can you reject delivery? So what would they do, assign you another car or make you wait again for the next stinky ship load?

My concern is not the smell, probably wouldn’t be able to smell it, but the long term effects of the chemicals incubating with the cars in a closed environment for a month.

Reactions: MrMister
Friends of mine ordered theirs after me, after me “selling” the Tesla to them. They’re picking their MY up next week 🤦🏻‍♂️ while I’m here still waiting for another month.
Crazy to think that the people who ordered between August and mid October get the SS Stinkville after waiting ages for an EDD to even show in the app, whilst those who ordered late October get their cars after less than a month's wait.
I've never been a lucky person. Sorry gents, I might have cursed this one.

Reactions: inexus
Crazy to think that the people who ordered between August and mid October get the SS Stinkville after waiting ages for an EDD to even show in the app, whilst those who ordered late October get their cars after less than a month's wait.
I've never been a lucky person. Sorry gents, I might have cursed this one.
Yeah I ordered my m3 mid August and I still don’t have an EDD but people who ordered recently do, difference with ours is we are all going to be waiting until the same boats get here so ultimately it doesn’t matter, let’s hope we don’t have any stinky bugs.
You are on the home stretch! Hang in there!

Reactions: Kevin Li
I'm in Sydney and order the Long Range on the night of 31st October as I heard the referral discount was being decrease.
I got my car assigned the next day saying it was on the Salvia Ace which docked at Port Kembla 11th November and I'm scheduling pickup in Alexandia later this week/early next. Apparently Chatswood has no space which was my requested delivery centre.
I had been lurking on this forum for a while so I expected a wait and ended up having to scramble to organise stuff.

I'm in Sydney and order the Long Range on the night of 31st October as I heard the referral discount was being decrease.
I got my car assigned the next day saying it was on the Salvia Ace which docked at Port Kembla 11th November and I'm scheduling pickup in Alexandia later this week/early next. Apparently Chatswood has no space which was my requested delivery centre.
I had been lurking on this forum for a while so I expected a wait and ended up having to scramble to organise stuff.
You're making me jealous now....lucky you.

Hearing this makes me very bittersweet.
I'm glad that most people are getting assigned and delivered within weeks. That's a huge plus for EV buyers and if the wait time is reduced drastically it brings in more buyers. More EVs, Tesla or otherwise is a good thing.

Very salty about the Stinkship though. Probably due to it's time out at sea my car is also very salty.

You win some you lose some.

Hearing this makes me very bittersweet.
I'm glad that most people are getting assigned and delivered within weeks. That's a huge plus for EV buyers and if the wait time is reduced drastically it brings in more buyers. More EVs, Tesla or otherwise is a good thing.

Very salty about the Stinkship though. Probably due to it's time out at sea my car is also very salty.

You win some you lose some.

Different businesses adopt varied approaches to managing their inventory and shipping processes. If you place an order for a BYD car, it's typically delivered within a week. In contrast, Tesla struggles to match this efficiency due to its minimal inventory, likely a cost saving measure. Tesla should learn from BYD's practices. BYD has been trailing just behind Tesla in sales and may soon surpass Tesla in the Australian market.